Kanyon torpedo

Hijinx

Pretty sure if we don't have it's twin now we will before they use it.

Just another example of overkill and weapon inflation.

Starman

Not really that interesting at all, and nothing new -- the Soviets had the T5 nuclear torpedo in the late 50s.

glhs837

Power with Control
Not really that interesting at all, and nothing new -- the Soviets had the T5 nuclear torpedo in the late 50s.

Well, even allowing for the fact that this new thing might just be a staged leak to do a tit-for-tat for Trumps recent request to the Pentagon to investigate the cost of developing a new intermediate nuclear weapon, since the Russians have blown of the treaty prhibiting such anyway, there's a huge world of difference between a 5 kiloton torp with what was effectively the same range and speed of a normal torp, and one with a 100 megaton yield with a +6,000 mile range. The former could devastate say Norfolks, or screw up any individual port city for a couple of years, max casualties a few thousands. Or take out a carrier with five thousand sailors. Assuming or course you could get the launch platform close enough to your target to launch it. The latter, assuming it works, could be launched from virtually anywhere and take out a good chunk of the East Coast for far longer, given cobalts toxicity with casualties in the millions.

Of course, it's far more likely that this is "vaporware" than reality

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Well, even allowing for the fact that this new thing might just be a staged leak to do a tit-for-tat for Trumps recent request to the Pentagon to investigate the cost of developing a new intermediate nuclear weapon, since the Russians have blown of the treaty prhibiting such anyway, there's a huge world of difference between a 5 kiloton torp with what was effectively the same range and speed of a normal torp, and one with a 100 megaton yield with a +6,000 mile range. The former could devastate say Norfolks, or screw up any individual port city for a couple of years, max casualties a few thousands. Or take out a carrier with five thousand sailors. Assuming or course you could get the launch platform close enough to your target to launch it. The latter, assuming it works, could be launched from virtually anywhere and take out a good chunk of the East Coast for far longer, given cobalts toxicity with casualties in the millions.

.....but, but ....Star is a genius....just sayin’
He googles everything...then hides

littlelady

God bless the USA
I will choose to ignore this scary info for now. Dot will give birth any day now, and hub and I have to be on alert to take care of granddot, while little bro is born. If Putin or Kim interfere with that, I will be really pissed. And, they don’t want anything to do with with a pissed off grandmama. :lol: God bless us all.

But, seriously, I want to say that I worry for my grandchilderns’ future. Hopefully, things will get better than they are now. I will be gone, and can’t do a darn thing about it, but, at least, I did my part for now, and voted for Trump.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
I will choose to ignore this scary info for now. Dot will give birth any day now, and hub and I have to be on alert to take care of granddot, while little bro is born. If Putin or Kim interfere with that, I will be really pissed. And, they don’t want anything to do with with a pissed off grandmama. :lol: God bless us all.

:lmao:
Because a 5'2" untrained chubby woman is a valid threat to who in the Free World ?
The remaining members of the Lollypop Guild? smoke.gif

littlelady

God bless the USA
:lmao:
Because a 5'2" untrained chubby woman is a valid threat to who in the Free World ?
The remaining members of the Lollypop Guild? View attachment 121201

First of all your reply is ridiculous, and second, where do you get your info? From Dorothy, Tin Man, Scarecrow or Lion? You are a hoot and a half. Follow the yellow brick road. I hope you will be ok, because you seem to becoming unhinged. Watch out for those flying monkeys from the Wicked Witch of the West! :killingme:

littlelady

God bless the USA
You saddled this horse first, not me...

That would be a negative. I never responded to you back in the day, until you saddled up first. Yippee ki-yay, and all that! What a troll you are. Be proud of that because that is all you are. Except for being a boastful narcissist, but I am willing to put that aside for negotiation sake. You really need to stop. You will never best me, and members get sick of it. I told you to PM with your crap, but you don’t listen. Big surprise.

black dog

Free America
First of all your reply is ridiculous, and second, where do you get your info? From Dorothy, Tin Man, Scarecrow or Lion? You are a hoot and a half. Follow the yellow brick road. I hope you will be ok, because you seem to becoming unhinged. Watch out for those flying monkeys from the Wicked Witch of the West! :killingme:

Nice edit, you deleted a few paragraphs of bile.. I had it copied but I'll be nice and let it go, And You think I'm the unhinged one here,lol
.With your unreadable streams of four or five posts long in different threads in the early AM..

You look like Nancy Pelosis sister.....just much shorter and with a few extra pounds...

black dog

Free America
Later WackadoodyKooKoodirtymouth,, I wouldn't respond to you for 30 days. I bet I make it way past the maybe 4 days you made it when you NEVER we're going to respond to me again... You truly are a lier and a hypocrite... Good Day...

nutz

could be launched from virtually anywhere and take out a good chunk of the East Coast for far longer, given cobalts toxicity with casualties in the millions.

West coast, finally opening the San Andreas fault allowing Ca. to slide off into the sunset.