How long do you think this shutdown will last?

steppinthrax

Interestingly I'm all out of work during this shutdown. I have a contact with one agency that I can't bill during the shutdown. I have another DoD contract that ends on the 23rd but can't get refunded until the gov opens up. So essentially I'm un-selfemployed during the shutdown. I've never seen this before. I just hope it dosen't go longer than a month.

vince77

Interestingly I'm all out of work during this shutdown. I have a contact with one agency that I can't bill during the shutdown. I have another DoD contract that ends on the 23rd but can't get refunded until the gov opens up. So essentially I'm un-selfemployed during the shutdown. I've never seen this before. I just hope it dosen't go longer than a month.

I'm guessing its over NLT Wednesday

wintersprings

Yet our great Steny is out working hard every day for Illegals so you can sit home. Let all hope he figures out that Middle America is still here.

steppinthrax

Yet our great Steny is out working hard every day for Illegals so you can sit home. Let all hope he figures out that Middle America is still here.

Did you check the vote count. 60 votes needed to pass. Considering this was divided along party lines, some Dems did vote in favor some GOP did vote against. Now, 5 GOP voted against. So you'd need at least 10 dems to vote for.

Both groups have to work together, it's not the Dems fault....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Monday they'll have a deal. Then it will have to go back to the House. Depending on how the fire gets lit, I predict a week.

steppinthrax

Monday they'll have a deal. Then it will have to go back to the House. Depending on how the fire gets lit, I predict a week.

Well they are voting Sunday again, or having something on the table Sunday. I'm surprised, because last I heard they don't do anything on weekends.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Well they are voting Sunday again, or having something on the table Sunday. I'm surprised, because last I heard they don't do anything on weekends.
It's not like they're burning the candle at both ends on the weekdays either.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Did you check the vote count. 60 votes needed to pass. Considering this was divided along party lines, some Dems did vote in favor some GOP did vote against. Now, 5 GOP voted against. So you'd need at least 10 dems to vote for.

Both groups have to work together, it's not the Dems fault....
It was actually 4 R's voted against and McConnell voted nay to reserve the right to bring it up for a vote again at a later date. It's a parliamentary procedure from "Roberts Rules of Order".

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
There was no reason to close them when Obama did last time.

He was just being a dick. Michelle Loaned hers to him for the occasion.

That was the most chicken #### move, putting metal barricades in front of monuments that are pretty much open air displays. He should have gotten a lot more heat for that stunt, but seeing how it was the anointed one, he gets a huge pass. His pettiness and hatred for Americans was nauseating.

Grumpy

House Dems are hoping the shutdown goes on for a while so they can enjoy more dinner celebrations on Pelosi's dime.

Clickee