Stephanopoulos Asks Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin: ‘Aren’t You All Creating Chaos Now?’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Following that question, Stephanopoulos played a clip from 2013 in which Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) castigated Republicans over the government shutdown:

SCHUMER: It’s sort of like this. Someone goes into your house, takes your wife and children hostage, and then says: "Let’s negotiate over the price of your house." You know, we could do the same thing on immigration. We believe strongly in immigration reform. We could say: "We’re shutting down the government; we’re not gonna raise the debt ceiling until you pass immigration reform." It would be governmental chaos.

Stephanopoulos then asked Durbin: "So aren’t you all creating chaos now?"

Durbin responded:

George, you’ve got to concede one thing, and that is the Republicans are in control of this government. They control the White House; they control the Senate; they control the House; by nominations sent to the court, the basically control the Supreme Court. We are in a minority position. The Republicans control what comes to the floor in both the House and the Senate. In the Senate though – with the 60 vote margin – there’s a need for bipartisanship. That’s all we’ve asked for. Sit down at the table and let us work this out in a bipartisan fashion. That’s what Lindsey Graham and I presented to the president on that infamous meeting on January the 11th; that’s what Schumer did on Friday. A bipartisan approach to solve this problem. We are still ready and willing to move forward...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/26145/stephanopoulos-asks-democratic-sen-dick-durbin-frank-camp

transporter

I've seen McConnell speechifying...I've seen Schumer speechifying...I've seen any number of House and Senate members stating their talking points on all the various news channels.

Where is Dear Leader? Where is the Great Negotiator? Where is the consummate businessman? The person who claimed he was the ONLY ONE who could fix DC? Where is the guy who said he wants "Bill of Love" Where is the guy who said he would take any amount of heat that came? Where is the guy who would sign anything Congress sent him?

Where is the President of the United States?

We are in this mess because Dear Leader has no idea what his own position is on...well...on damn near anything. WTF is he doing? Hiding under the bed?

Rommey

DickyD said:
George, you’ve got to concede one thing, and that is the Republicans are in control of this government. They control the White House; they control the Senate; they control the House; by nominations sent to the court, the basically control the Supreme Court. We are in a minority position. The Republicans control what comes to the floor in both the House and the Senate. In the Senate though – with the 60 vote margin – there’s a need for bipartisanship.
DickyD is being a tad bit disingenuous as he knows how the Senate's screwed up rules mean little in terms of true "control" unless you have 60 votes. To paraphrase for the Senate: you can lead a horse to water (i.e., control), but you can't make him drink (i.e., can't pass whatever you want).

littlelady

God bless the USA
I've seen McConnell speechifying...I've seen Schumer speechifying...I've seen any number of House and Senate members stating their talking points on all the various news channels.

Where is Dear Leader? Where is the Great Negotiator? Where is the consummate businessman? The person who claimed he was the ONLY ONE who could fix DC? Where is the guy who said he wants "Bill of Love" Where is the guy who said he would take any amount of heat that came? Where is the guy who would sign anything Congress sent him?

We are in this mess because Dear Leader has no idea what his own position is on...well...on damn near anything. WTF is he doing? Hiding under the bed?

He is probably extremely busy. You know, being POTUS, and all. Americans already know his views/stance. Why does he have to come out and repeat them? I am glad he is staying quiet, for now. What did you think of Pelosi, and dozens of Dems who went out to eat on Saturday night, together. What were they celebrating? The fact that military will have to wait for their pay? What do you think explains their actions? I see it as....in your face, American citizens...we are determined to get control of y’all. As much as you don’t like Trump, I can’t believe for one minute that you don’t find Pelosi and Schumer disgusting.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Trump has been highly involved in this process and if you watched a real news channel or consumed real news websites you would know that.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Trump needs to start immediate and accelerated deportations, escalate the numbers as the shutdown continues, the longer is goes, the greater the number deported to completely random locations.

( ... Also, mix democrats in with the illegal groups deported to Antarctica. )

Hijinx

Tranny knows where the President is and she/he/it also knows there is no dealing with the Kinky headed POS heading the Democrats.
Schumer isn't looking for DACA. He is leading a fight against the President.
Like he has since the Inauguration.

Turban Durbin knows how the Senate works and he is in league with 2 pieces of dung who call themselves Republicans and vote with Democrats.
The Republicans are in the minority while these 2 scumbags are voting with Democrats.

This shutting down the Government will end shortly one way or the other, but the really unfortunate thing is ,that unless we dump more Democrats out of the senate and get a 60 vote majority in 2018, which is not likely we will be fighting these Socksuckers for the next 3 years.