Mo’Nique Asks Fans To Boycott Netflix

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
On Friday, actress and comedian Mo’Nique uploaded a video to Instagram asking fans to boycott Netflix "for gender bias and color bias" after the streaming giant allegedly offered her $500,000 for a comedy special:

[clip]

If Mo’Nique truly believes there’s a "color bias," then she has to explain why Netflix paid Rock and Chappelle $20 million, and if she believes there’s a "gender bias," then she has to explain why they paid Schumer $11 million. Her argument appears to contradict itself.

It’s certainly possible that Netflix is lowballing Mo’Nique, but there are several factors to consider. First, aside from 2016’s "Almost Christmas," which holds a dismal 51% on Rotten Tomatoes and an average critical score of 5.4/10, Mo’Nique hasn’t appeared in a comedy film since the critically-savaged "Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins" in 2008. Mo’Nique is perhaps best known to modern audiences for her Oscar-winning performance in the 2009 drama "Precious."

As for her touring, she’s simply not comparable to someone like Amy Schumer. In January, Mo’Nique can be seen at Nyack Levity Live and Oxnard Levity Live, two large comedy clubs in New York and California, respectively. In May, she’s playing at the Apollo in New York City, which has a seating capacity of 1,506.

Mo’Nique Asks Fans To Boycott Netflix After She’s Offered Less Money Than Schumer, Rock, And Chappelle

PeoplesElbow

Rock and Chappelle are hilarious and are huge acts. Amy Schumer can be funny and she was the flavor of the week a year or two ago. I can't think of a damn thing with Mo'Nique in it that I have seen.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I can't think of a damn thing with Mo'Nique in it that I have seen.

First, aside from 2016’s "Almost Christmas," which holds a dismal 51% on Rotten Tomatoes and an average critical score of 5.4/10, Mo’Nique hasn’t appeared in a comedy film since the critically-savaged "Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins" in 2008. Mo’Nique is perhaps best known to modern audiences for her Oscar-winning performance in the 2009 drama "Precious."

:shrug: :confused:

I have NO Clue who this chick is ..... maybe she only plays to The BET Crowd aka a smaller audience

Oh Goody She Won An OSCAR ... still never heard of her or the Movie ... definitely not playing to huge diverse audiences ... $ 63 mil a the box office

but of course, she won an Oscar, she's famous ... so Netflix must be racist and hates women for not paying her as much as those other people

Hijinx

Well : I never heard of her. But in my never ending effort to be fair I went over to UTube and wrote in Monique.

Mostly I found people saying she should have taken the $500,00.
Finally I wrote Monique stand-up and got some of her comedy.
The guy that said she should have taken the $500,000 was right.
She as a damned fool not to take what she was offered.

She is a fat black lady who's act is joking about fat black women going to buffets.
And she looks like she is an expert when it comes to stuffing herself at buffets .
As her act went on she supplied the greater part of the laughter herself.
She got a few chuckles, but no real laughter.

Pretty sure none of her Utubes will go viral.