Shutdown should be a conservative's dream

transporter

Why are all the ignorati on here in such an uproar about the shutdown? (besides the fact that you are being told what to think by your propaganda and cult leaders)

The shutdown should be your dream come true.

All non-essential services are closed...all the things you think gov't shouldn't be doing--it's not. Employees who shouldn't be on the govt payroll aren't. Services you don't approve of, aren't being done. Parks are closed...the IRS is understaffed...no regulations are being enforced...

If the House and Senate had any real balls, they wouldn't pass legislation to pay all those non-essential people once this is over. If they want paid, they should us vaca time or file for unemployment, like every privately employed worker has to do during a bout of unforeseen unemployment.

All you cultists should be jumping for joy; this should be a dream come true. Why are you all fighting to reopen parts of the govt you don't think the govt should be doing in the first place???????

Your rallying cry should be to keep it closed.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Yeah at that point I knew any discussion was pointless.

Trans does not discuss ... it is a MONOLOGUE of why you are a moron / idiot / ignoriti

like Seagull she fly's in, ####s all over everything and fly's out ...

Hijinx

As one of the ignorati, I myt admit it doesn't hurt me in the least.
WHY?

Because the Democrats are going to make the Government workers well.
Democrats rely heavily on the Government workers since so many of them vote Democrat.
If they refused to pay them for being shut down in this Democrat inspired clusterphuck, they might lose that vote.
It's really a belated paid-- vacation time for Government workers.

They don't dare stop Social security and Welfare payments.
It's winter and not many are using the parks anyway.

Trump is giving them enough rope to hang themselves.

Chris0nllyn

As a Libertarian, smaller govt. is better, but you're completely misguided in what you believe about this (post) shutdown.

There is certainly an argument for the idea that what's shutdown is not essential and we'd likely be okay permanently removing those positions. The "sky is falling" predictions didn't come true. (there's been close to 20 shutdowns since the 70s and we're all still here) Yada yada yada

Then, there's the reality that all those shutdowns lasted an average length of one week and almost everything is paid retroactively. Nothing is changed regarding Social Security, Medicare, and other entitlement programs and since those programs make up almost 70% of govt. spending (and noting that shutdowns only apply to discretionary spending), shutdowns amount to squat. Even less when you consider the fact that about half of the "essential" things like DoD, DHS, etc. are exempt from shutdowns.

The idea that "no regulations are being enforced" is ridiculous, but I think you knew that. The guys with guns are still working. The guys with stamps aren't.

Besides, the idea that modern-day "conservatives" want less government is laughable by itself.

Last edited:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I like it when the govt does what is constitutionally required - keep the essential services going, i.e.: Keeping a standing army (military), a unified system of justice (works pretty good most of the time until permeated by leftist crybabies in the upper levels as it is right now), a foreign relations service, and a system of roads to transport the mails (and now commercial businesses). That's all the constitution calls for - the essentials. All else is non-essential, and even then much needs to be cut out to make it work better, especially draining that dad burned .swamp.

Seems OK to me.

SamSpade

Besides, the idea that modern-day "conservatives" want less government is laughable by itself.

In that respect - you're partly right.
I'm a federal employee, and I do think that what I do is of great value to the country - I assemble statistics that everyone in the nation uses, including businesses both small and large, manufacturing, employment.
Just about every national stat you ever hear that comes on TV originates with my workplace.

BUT - I'm not essential. I get that. A cop is essential. A fireman and a doctor - they're essential.
A farmer or veterinarian - not quite as much. A lawyer - frankly, not that much at all.
A writer. Maybe even a teacher - you need them, but not to survive.
But you will need them.

So, stopping all but "essential" employees is like being given only enough food to keep living.
You'll live but you won't prosper.

What I don't get is the idea that government must support things like - the arts. Entertainment. Culture.
While law enforcement and military ARE the role of government, culture and the arts have flourished for millennia without it at all.
There ARE things the government has chosen to undertake which it doesn't need to do at all.

I'll tell you what I'm not going to like - all the stupid ass paper work I'm going to waste on this.

Hijinx

In that respect - you're partly right.
I'm a federal employee, and I do think that what I do is of great value to the country - I assemble statistics that everyone in the nation uses, including businesses both small and large, manufacturing, employment.
Just about every national stat you ever hear that comes on TV originates with my workplace.

BUT - I'm not essential. I get that. A cop is essential. A fireman and a doctor - they're essential.
A farmer or veterinarian - not quite as much. A lawyer - frankly, not that much at all.
A writer. Maybe even a teacher - you need them, but not to survive.
But you will need them.

So, stopping all but "essential" employees is like being given only enough food to keep living.
You'll live but you won't prosper.

What I don't get is the idea that government must support things like - the arts. Entertainment. Culture.
While law enforcement and military ARE the role of government, culture and the arts have flourished for millennia without it at all.
There ARE things the government has chosen to undertake which it doesn't need to do at all.

I'll tell you what I'm not going to like - all the stupid ass paper work I'm going to waste on this.

Tranny doesn't use Stats, He/she/it uses Polls.
gets off on them.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Feh. Getting tired of even skimming her rants, because they have little substance. What's the point?

The point is to constantly remind you of how ignorant and uninformed you are; and not just that, but that you are a complete moron for being ignorant and uninformed. The point is, TJ seems to have lived a miserable life, and the only way to answer for that misery is to claim some sort of superiority over everyone. Actual intellect and solid, factual, and respectful discourse does not satisfy this sort of superiority. The only way her superiority is satisfied is to disparage everyone with the highest level of contempt.

What a sad existence.

This_person

Why are all the ignorati on here in such an uproar about the shutdown? (besides the fact that you are being told what to think by your propaganda and cult leaders)

The shutdown should be your dream come true.

All non-essential services are closed...all the things you think gov't shouldn't be doing--it's not. Employees who shouldn't be on the govt payroll aren't. Services you don't approve of, aren't being done. Parks are closed...the IRS is understaffed...no regulations are being enforced...

If the House and Senate had any real balls, they wouldn't pass legislation to pay all those non-essential people once this is over. If they want paid, they should us vaca time or file for unemployment, like every privately employed worker has to do during a bout of unforeseen unemployment.

All you cultists should be jumping for joy; this should be a dream come true. Why are you all fighting to reopen parts of the govt you don't think the govt should be doing in the first place???????

Your rallying cry should be to keep it closed.

You really have no clue what conservatives actually think, and that is so sad for you.

First, your claim that "all non-essential services are closed" is factually inaccurate. The portion of the NSA spying on Americans was still open, the SS Administration remained open, etc. Money still flowed to keep HUD, Dept of Education, BATF, etc., open and running. Welfare checks were not reduced one penny. Medicare never lost a dime. You're not even close to having a clue what conservatives think are non-essential.

Government payroll never stopped. The IRS remains grossly over-staffed. Every single regulation remains enforced. To the best of my knowledge, federal employees used the code "Furlough - unpaid" for the time they had to take off over the course of the shutdown if they were not present.

Conservatives do not, in any way, believe the government should be shuttered and closed. We believe it should be limited to conducting its Constitutional authorities and responsibilities instead of all the things it should not do.