Schumer Implied That A Government Shutdown Over Immigration Would Be ‘Politics Of Idiocy’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
During the 2013 government shutdown, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said the following to CNN’s Jake Tapper:

It was not a hard line on the substantive issues, it was a hard line saying: "Unless I get my way, I’m gonna shut the government down; I’m gonna risk default for the nation." Now, anyone can do that. I believe in immigration reform. What if I persuaded my caucus to say: "I’m gonna shut the government down; I’m going to not pay our bills unless I get my way"? It’s a politics of idiocy, of confrontation, of paralysis

In 2013, Schumer Implied That A Government Shutdown Over Immigration Would Be ‘Politics Of Idiocy’

Hijinx

During the 2013 government shutdown, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said the following to CNN’s Jake Tapper:

It was not a hard line on the substantive issues, it was a hard line saying: "Unless I get my way, I’m gonna shut the government down; I’m gonna risk default for the nation." Now, anyone can do that. I believe in immigration reform. What if I persuaded my caucus to say: "I’m gonna shut the government down; I’m going to not pay our bills unless I get my way"? It’s a politics of idiocy, of confrontation, of paralysis

In 2013, Schumer Implied That A Government Shutdown Over Immigration Would Be ‘Politics Of Idiocy’

I think he just proved it.

And it would have stayed shut down if Schumer could have convinced the majority of Americans that the shutdown was the fault of Republicans

But he failed miserably on that.

SamSpade

I think Schumer was JUST smart enough to figure out that he wasn't going to win on this one - that he could raise a big stink over everything but unless he could convince the press and the majority of Americans that TRUMP and the Republicans shut down the government, it was kind of a losing proposition. He didn't so much as "cave" as he cut his losses.

But he AND the left that are angry with him have made it clear enough by their actions and statements even while they try to say otherwise - that it was always their INTENT to shut down the government as leverage for immigration.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
IMG_1025.JPG