My One Year Report Card on Trump- Just sayin'.....

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Based on a 4.0 scale, my grade for the Trumpster is an overall C+

I sincerely hope for, and suspect there will be, improvements for the entire administration.

Domestic Policy - B
- Doing OK, but not much to really shout about

Foreign Policy - A
- Nikki Haley is the bomb at the UN, telling it the way it needs to be told (A+)
- Support for Israel and just saying Jerusalem is the capitol and will move the embassy there (A)
- Withholding funds from countries not interested in US interests (A)

Fiscal Policy - C+
- Tax Reform - a decent start, but much more needs to be done (A)
- Cutting the deficit - I'm afraid it just ain't going to happen in any amount that will cut the federal debt (F).
- Attempting to bring back business to US (A)
- Cutting regulations (A)
- Repatriation of overseas business holdings (B)

Military - A-
- Promise to increase funding overall - (B) - I'll wait until it happens, and am confident it will be pretty good.
- Morale boost - A
- Using the military as it should be used, primarily to kill enemies and break things - A

Justice Department - C-
- Haven't seen anything yet from DOJ that impresses me (B-)
- Allowing Mueller to go on this long without any restrictions on what he can look for, not a witch hunt (D-)

Draining the Swamp - D
- I see some evidence of a few of the about 6,000 Obama appointees being kicked out, but nowhere enough yet. Get in gear, Trump! (C
- Firing Comey (F)
Comey deserved to be fired, but immediately, like on Jan 21, 2017, and not until four months later. Big mistake by Trump to wait so long, and he and the country are still paying for it politically.

Judges - B+
- Gorsuch - B - I still need to see how he rules, but am hopeful he is a true conservative constitutionalist.
- Federal Judgeships - (A-) - From I've heard they seem to be OK. Time will tell/

Getting Things Done - C+
- Head Republican - Whether you like it or not, that is one of the hats that the president wears for his party. Trump is the leader of the (R) party, and needs to improve on his leadership role somehow (C)
- Communications - like it or not, he gets his message across, for better or for worse. Just love Sarah Huckabee Sanders. She is the bomb there. (A
- Personality - My personal take that he needs to really work on that, and it seems like he is working on it, so I hope for improvement (D+).

Last edited:

transporter

I'll play:

Domestic policy: F...what has he done? He failed to do anything with health care (killing the individual mandate is not progress towards healthcare reform). He failed miserably with infrastructure to the point that he made no policy proposals at all despite having an "infrastructure week" (during which he, of course, stepped all over his little self). The country is more divided today than it was during the last election. His Muslim ban is still tied up in the courts. His DACA reversal looks to be headed that way too His comments after Charlottesville were horrific. His complete lack of knowledge and complete lack of desire to obtain any knowledge about the founding principals of this country are a disgrace.

Foreign policy: D...utter failure. Germany (!!) is now seen as the leader of the free world not us. Moving the Israeli embassy has torpedoed any potential for peace talks that Jared hadn't already destroyed. Opting out of Paris has isolated us. Opting out of TPP handed the Asian economies to China. The childish nature of his handling of North Korea. His retweet of the Muslim video that pissed off the Brits so bad. His cancelling the non-existent trip to London under false pretenses. They way the Chinese and Saudis played him during his visits there. He put the final nail in the ISIS coffin that was already 3/4 nailed shut...so...ok..I'll move him from an F to a D.

Fiscal Policy: D+. Lowering the corp tax rate and changing how overseas profits are taxed were positive. Overall, however, the tax cut law is absolutely horrible policy in the midst of an expansion when the deficit was already rising again. Just horrible policy (I know none of you understand this) That will come back to bite us in the ass during the next recession. I'll add the failure to do infrastructure here as well. THAT would have been positive fiscal policy AND helped the average working man.

Justice Dept: F...the firing of Comey was a travesty. The multiple reasons for firing Comey made it worse. I'll throw in the ignorance of making a political speech and talking about the size of his crowds in front of the stars on election day here. The denigration of the FBI. The man is a buffoon who spends all his time tripping on his own Johnson.

Drain the swamp: F...not even open for debate. Trump IS the swamp. 100+ days visiting HIS OWN properties? Spending every available moment away from DC? Then there's the tax cut bill which was just a payback to the donor class. Failure to release his taxes. Failure to divest from his business. Again...Trump IS the swamp.

Judges: B...I don't agree with the type of people he is putting on the bench, but he is putting people on the bench. I was tempted to give him a C here because we have one party control and a dyslexic blind monkey could get judges appointed in this environment.

Getting things done? D: his only legislative accomplishment was the tax cuts.

Policy positions: F...the man doesn't have any idea what he stands for, what his party stands for or what this country used to stand for.

Being Presidential: F. no debate.

Appealing to "our better angels": F.

Negotiating skills: Inc...he has not displayed any....other than to issue childish factually wrong tweets...often they are factually wrong about his own party's policy positions.

Managerial skills: F...extreme turnover in staff...terrible hires...failure to produce a competent and consistent message...a WH that leaks like a sieve...his lack of legislative accomplishments...the silliness of relying on EOs...are all wonderful examples of the obvious fact that his man never was a manager...he was just a bully who used his wealth and lawyers to push little people (the ones he is supposedly now fighting for) around.

Lying: A++++.... here there is no debate either.

Flip flopping: A++++....the guy is like a trophy rock hitting the cooler...

Employment: How do you grade him? He's done nothing to change the trajectory? Overall and average monthly hiring in 2017 was down from 2016. His promise to massively increase coal jobs was a miserable failure...as everyone knew it would be. Not because of this President or the last one...but because nat gas is so much cheaper. Even Gilligan should under those economics. No job re-training programs for older workers to help them fill the 6M open positions...no HS educational enhancements to prep kids for the gig economy...nothing...not one thing that will make America more productive and more competitive.

Income Inequality: A+ if you are already at/near the top...B if you are middle income but own some stock...D if you don't own stock (for his policies have done nothing for these people).

black dog

Free America
I'll play:

Domestic policy: F...what has he done? He failed to do anything with health care (killing the individual mandate is not progress towards healthcare reform). He failed miserably with infrastructure to the point that he made no policy proposals at all despite having an "infrastructure week" (during which he, of course, stepped all over his little self). The country is more divided today than it was during the last election. His Muslim ban is still tied up in the courts. His DACA reversal looks to be headed that way too His comments after Charlottesville were horrific. His complete lack of knowledge and complete lack of desire to obtain any knowledge about the founding principals of this country are a disgrace.

Foreign policy: D...utter failure. Germany (!!) is now seen as the leader of the free world not us. Moving the Israeli embassy has torpedoed any potential for peace talks that Jared hadn't already destroyed. Opting out of Paris has isolated us. Opting out of TPP handed the Asian economies to China. The childish nature of his handling of North Korea. His retweet of the Muslim video that pissed off the Brits so bad. His cancelling the non-existent trip to London under false pretenses. They way the Chinese and Saudis played him during his visits there. He put the final nail in the ISIS coffin that was already 3/4 nailed shut...so...ok..I'll move him from an F to a D.

Fiscal Policy: D+. Lowering the corp tax rate and changing how overseas profits are taxed were positive. Overall, however, the tax cut law is absolutely horrible policy in the midst of an expansion when the deficit was already rising again. Just horrible policy (I know none of you understand this) That will come back to bite us in the ass during the next recession. I'll add the failure to do infrastructure here as well. THAT would have been positive fiscal policy AND helped the average working man.

Justice Dept: F...the firing of Comey was a travesty. The multiple reasons for firing Comey made it worse. I'll throw in the ignorance of making a political speech and talking about the size of his crowds in front of the stars on election day here. The denigration of the FBI. The man is a buffoon who spends all his time tripping on his own Johnson.

Drain the swamp: F...not even open for debate. Trump IS the swamp. 100+ days visiting HIS OWN properties? Spending every available moment away from DC? Then there's the tax cut bill which was just a payback to the donor class. Failure to release his taxes. Failure to divest from his business. Again...Trump IS the swamp.

Judges: B...I don't agree with the type of people he is putting on the bench, but he is putting people on the bench. I was tempted to give him a C here because we have one party control and a dyslexic blind monkey could get judges appointed in this environment.

Policy positions: F...the man doesn't have any idea what he stands for, what his party stands for or what this country used to stand for.

Negotiating skills: Inc...he has not displayed any....other than to issue childish factually wrong tweets...often they are factually wrong about his own party's policy positions.

Managerial skills: F...extreme turnover in staff...terrible hires...failure to produce a competent and consistent message...a WH that leaks like a sieve...his lack of legislative accomplishments...the silliness of relying on EOs...are all wonderful examples of the obvious fact that his man never was a manager...he was just a bully who used his wealth and lawyers to push little people (the ones he is supposedly now fighting for) around.

Employment: How do you grade him? He's done nothing to change the trajectory? Overall and average monthly hiring in 2017 was down from 2016. His promise to massively increase coal jobs was a miserable failure...as everyone knew it would be. Not because of this President or the last one...but because nat gas is so much cheaper. Even Gilligan should under those economics. No job re-training programs for older workers to help them fill the 6M open positions...no HS educational enhancements to prep kids for the gig economy...nothing...not one thing that will make America more productive and more competitive.

Income Inequality: A+ if you are already at/near the top...B if you are middle income but own some stock...D if you don't own stock (for his policies have done nothing for these people).

Lol....

Hijinx

I'll play:

LMAO What a surprise. An F really. What a maroon.

That's someone even dumber than a moron.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tranny works for CNN and WashPo. :lol:

This first year of the Trump presidency has been amazing and fabulous. It's like walking into a rat infested sewer and trying to turn it into a finished basement while using the Mafia for labor. I'm impressed with the progress Trump's made. Quite honestly I didn't think he'd really be able to do it. Sure, there's a lot more work that needs to be done, but considering the job he had ahead of him he's done a terrific job so far.

I listen to Trump himself - the whole thing, not just the clips and soundbites that the media wants me to focus on. Therefore I am an enormous fan of his communication style and appreciate his candor and directness. HOWEVER:

Trump occasionally, depending on his audience, devolves into politi-speak and comes across as patronizing and manipulative. This is probably a necessary evil, but I still don't like it.

I also think he gives credit where none is due. Many bosses do that in an effort to motivate losers to be at least marginally productive, but I'm not an "everyone gets a trophy" person. I think Trump is too nice to some of these people and more heads need to just roll.

So over all, I'm giving Trump a B+ for his first year in office.

Last edited: