Opening of FDR?

RetiredCPO

Morning All,
I've searched the St. Mary's County's web site and found no info, has anyone seen any info on when the completed section of FDR from First Colony to Chancellors Run is suppose to open? From what you can see by First Colony, it appears to be done.

Thanks

awpitt

Main Streeter
Morning All,
I've searched the St. Mary's County's web site and found no info, has anyone seen any info on when the completed section of FDR from First Colony to Chancellors Run is suppose to open? From what you can see by First Colony, it appears to be done.

Thanks

There is info on the St. Mary's County Website...

Phase 1A (Kinnegad Drive to MD 237) and Phase 1B (First Colony Boulevard to just west of Old Rolling Road) design and land acquisition has been completed and construction is currently in progress. Phase 1B included a joint solicitation with the St. Mary's County Metropolitan Commission and new water main work will be performed with the road construction. Phase 1C (Old Rolling Road to Kinnegad Drive) design and land acquisition has been completed and the construction will begin in August of 2017.

https://www.stmarysmd.com/dpw/FDRBoulevard.asp

Riddler

The County made a deal with one of the neighborhoods and agreed to not open that section until the entire road is finished. According to this article everything should be done this fall.

"Phase 1-B of FDR Boulevard is behind the First Colony development in California, and will almost connect First Colony Boulevard to Old Rolling Road. The last section running to Old Rolling Road won't be completed until later — by design. Phase 1-B is 0.61 of a mile, being built by the Great Mills Trading Post for $4.9 million.

Final paving is already being done on that section and line striping has begun, Settle said, and all work there should be completed in the next two to three weeks.

But that new section of road won't make the final connection to Old Rolling Road until phase 1-C is completed, in accordance with community wishes. Neighbors didn't want to see an increase of traffic on Old Rolling Road until FDR Boulevard fully opens, said John Groeger, deputy director of public works and transportation."

http://www.somdnews.com/enterprise/...cle_4095ebe0-50cf-5ea5-8328-02a7b87fd1b5.html

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Those links are helpful but still outdated. Most UTD info is from Oct. 2017. Now that they've finished clearing Phase 1C I'd like to see their timeline for connecting Phase 1C since 1A and 1B are just about done now. Surely they have a general end date in site for that phase.

edit: maybe that enterprise link says it more clearly but I'm not paying to read it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I wonder if people/cars will line up to be the first to drive on it. Kinda like going to a new grocery store. :lol: