Starbucks Employees Just Got A Taste Of The Trump Effect

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Specifically citing the GOP's tax reform bill, Starbucks announced this week that it will be giving its employees pay raises and stock grants. To throw more salt in the permanently open progressive wound, Starbucks says its also using the tax break to help it move forward with some pro-family measures. The Seattle Times reluctantly reports:

All employees will soon be able to earn paid sick time off, and the company’s parental leave benefits will include all non-birth parents. Starbucks Corp. said Wednesday that the changes affect about 150,000 full-time, part-time, hourly and salaried employees, most of whom work as baristas or shop managers. The new benefits apply to workers at more than 8,200 company-owned stores but not at the 5,700 licensed shops like those found inside supermarkets.

The pay raise will begin in April, which the Times notes is the second increase employees have enjoyed this year. Baristas currently make just under $10 an hour. Employees at stores, bean roasting plants and support centers will all receive at least $500 in Starbucks stock on top of what they were set to receive this year. The additional paid sick time begins to accrue in July.

Starbucks Employees Just Got A Taste Of The Trump Effect

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
As A Progressive Run Company, Starbucks Should PAY MORE in Taxes and REFUSE all Tax Breaks

... otherwise they are a bunch of Virtue Signaling #### Munches

glhs837

Power with Control
I am happy to see Starbucks reward their employees.

But I still won't pay extra for something I can get cheaper at Wawa.

Depends on the quality of the product. For me, being able to order from the phone and walk in and pickup a cup made to my specs and get back out the door in under 30 seconds, thats worth a bit. And of course, I'm hooked on Flat Whites, which I'm pretty sure I cant get from the fine folks at WaWa. Would I pay that every day? Nope, but I generally make coffee at home and only get SBs on a weekend morning or when I'm travelling.

acommondisaster

Depends on the quality of the product. For me, being able to order from the phone and walk in and pickup a cup made to my specs and get back out the door in under 30 seconds, thats worth a bit. And of course, I'm hooked on Flat Whites, which I'm pretty sure I cant get from the fine folks at WaWa. Would I pay that every day? Nope, but I generally make coffee at home and only get SBs on a weekend morning or when I'm travelling.

I wouldn't call Starbuck's practice of overly roasting coffee beans to hide the quality of the beans a "quality" product, but I do understand the draw of specialty drinks. I was really hooked on White Chocolate Mochas for awhile until I started adding up the calories and the cost. Decided I could do without - I've pretty much quit coffee, except for an occasional cup.