‘Dear Lord, the screams’: Writers tell the harrowing tale of DC after the shutdown

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Yes, we realize that there are people who will feel the effects of the government shutdown, but we also know from experience that Barack Obama chose to erect those “Barrycades” around Washington, D.C. in 2013 as an act of political theater and nothing more.

So what is D.C. like after the shutdown? Bloomberg View’s Megan McArdle got the ball rolling on a bit of collaborative fiction dramatizing life in Washington after the #SchumerShutdown. Our story begins Friday at midnight …

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/201...-the-harrowing-tale-of-dc-after-the-shutdown/

:jet: :killingme

glhs837

Power with Control
"Page cannot be displayed due to the precesnce of an adblocker. Ads help us pay for this, and if you block ads, we dont get paid."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"Page cannot be displayed due to the precesnce of an adblocker. Ads help us pay for this, and if you block ads, we dont get paid."

Wow, really? That does not seem like the best idea I've ever heard.

I once had a real estate client that I was making a website for who wanted to make users register before they could see any content. As in, you must register your name and contact information on the landing page before going any further. No listings, no agents, not even their own contact information.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Wow, really? That does not seem like the best idea I've ever heard.

I once had a real estate client that I was making a website for who wanted to make users register before they could see any content. As in, you must register your name and contact information on the landing page before going any further. No listings, no agents, not even their own contact information.
I always leave those.

BOP

It's you, dude. I have adblock and I do fine with Twitchy. Some others, not so much, but fug 'em.

glhs837

Power with Control
A crackling sound and a smell of ozone permeate the air. The wavefront of the Shutdown approaches, shifting reality in ways subtle and menacing. Water is clean, then not, then clean again. Automatic weapons and marijuana plantations flicker in and out of existence.

Love this one......