DiFi - All About Supressing Speech That Makes Her Party Look Bad

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It didn’t take long for a report to emerge claiming that Russian-sponsored Twitter accounts and bots were the real driving force behind the viral call for the release of the memo. Without worrying about the veracity of this convenient claim, all the usual suspects giddily spread the story across social media — probably because they have such a deep reverence for truth in the Era of Trump.

The report also prompted Sen. Dianne Feinstein and Rep. Adam Schiff, both Democrats, to pull out every fearmongering catchphrase available to demand that Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg perform an “in-depth forensic examination” on the “ongoing attack by the Russian government through Kremlin-linked social media actors directly acting to intervene and influence our democratic process.”

[clip]

Me? I’d rather we live with Russian troll bots feeding us nonsense than authoritarian senators dictating how we consume news. I mean, has anyone yet produced a single voter who lost his or her free will during the 2016 election because he had a Twitter interaction with an employee of a St. Petersburg troll farm? Or do voters tend to seek out the stories that back their own worldviews?

If your argument is that American are uninformed and easily misled, I’m with you. Just look at all the people who believe that a $46,000 buy on Facebook by the Russians was enough to destroy the pillars of our democracy. But if you want to live in a free and vibrant nation, you have to live with the externalities of that freedom.

The Russia ‘Fake News’ Scare Is All About Chilling Speech
Better to live with Russian bots feeding us fake news than authoritarian senators dictating how we consume it.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
“in-depth forensic examination” on the “ongoing attack by the Russian government through Kremlin-linked social media actors directly acting to intervene and influence our democratic process.”

[clip]

Me? I’d rather we live with Russian troll bots feeding us nonsense than authoritarian senators dictating how we consume news. I mean, has anyone yet produced a single voter who lost his or her free will during the 2016 election because he had a Twitter interaction with an employee of a St. Petersburg troll farm? Or do voters tend to seek out the stories that back their own worldviews?

See above bolded for truth. Dont make me use digital hand sanitizer. I prefer all the warty dirty information I can get. The filter should be between my ears, not between me and the information.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
See above bolded for truth. Dont make me use digital hand sanitizer. I prefer all the warty dirty information I can get. The filter should be between my ears, not between me and the information.

:yay:

NOT Some Progressive Bureaucrat in DC or faceless Facebook / Twitter / Google department