WATCH: Former Federal Prosecutor Explains Why Trump Should 'NEVER' Talk With Mueller

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Former federal prosecutor Patrick Cotter warned President Donald Trump that he should absolutely not meet with special counsel Robert Mueller for an interview in his investigation because it is effectively a legal trap.

Cotter's remarks came after Trump said that he was "looking forward" to meeting with Mueller's team, adding, "I would do it under oath, absolutely."

Cotter said that if Trump were his client, he would not let him meet with special counsel Mueller: "Over my dead body. I would never let him be interviewed. It makes no sense, nothing good can come of it."

WATCH: Former Federal Prosecutor Explains Why Trump Should 'NEVER' Talk With Mueller

stgislander

PREMO Member
Rep Darrell Issa said the exact same thing when being interviewed today. Nothing good can come of it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Rep Darrell Issa said the exact same thing when being interviewed today. Nothing good can come of it.

Trump maybe very Gifted and Intelligent, but these guys play bullchit gotcha games for a living and will turn any statement into an obstruction charge

Hijinx

Trump maybe very Gifted and Intelligent, but these guys play bullchit gotcha games for a living and will turn any statement into an obstruction charge

Trump is a little Naive, and I don't believe he realizes yet that these people want to bury him.
The saying." anything you say can and will be used against you" has a great meaning here.

There are no depths they will not sink to in their quest to destroy him.
Don't give them the ammunition they seek.
Let Mueller stew in his own juice, He has nothing--give him nothing.

BOP

They're already telling outright lies about the President; why would he think that they wouldn't twist anything he actually said?

Starman

:lol: you’re cute.

In these scenarios, lawyers don’t ask questions where they don’t already know the truth.

Trump’s lawyers know the little man lacks impulse control and he won’t process his answers internally as intentional lies.

As usual, his fully-informed supporters won’t care. They will just copy and paste the excuses Clinton supporters offered back then.

No Republican will have the stones to exact consequences and no Dem will have the political will to either.

No way he should sit for questioning under oath.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is anyone else besides me disturbed that there is a lawyer with unfettered power trying desperately to find something with which to impeach our President and overturn our election?

Here goes Trump, assuming he truly has nothing to hide, willing to testify under oath about what he knows, yet he has to be very careful what he says because one wrong word and BOOM. Perjury and impeachment hearings, possible removal from office. They have had absolutely nothing to tie Trump to the Russians and yet they persist. He barely got into office and those douche nozzles were screaming for his impeachment. They totally made this crap up out of thin air and are now spending hundreds of millions of our tax dollars chasing their tail and throwing around subpoenas. If Mueller comes up with nothing, he should have to personally pay back every single dime of that money. And then put his ####ing head on a pike as a warning to other overzealous bottom feeding lawyers.

I don't know about you but I'm sick of this bull####. I'm sick of these people. How did we let our country become this mess?

Starman

Is anyone else besides me disturbed that there is a lawyer with unfettered power trying desperately to find something with which to impeach our President and overturn our election?

Here goes Trump, assuming he truly has nothing to hide, willing to testify under oath about what he knows, yet he has to be very careful what he says because one wrong word and BOOM. Perjury and impeachment hearings, possible removal from office. They have had absolutely nothing to tie Trump to the Russians and yet they persist. He barely got into office and those douche nozzles were screaming for his impeachment. They totally made this crap up out of thin air and are now spending hundreds of millions of our tax dollars chasing their tail and throwing around subpoenas. If Mueller comes up with nothing, he should have to personally pay back every single dime of that money. And then put his ####ing head on a pike as a warning to other overzealous bottom feeding lawyers.

I don't know about you but I'm sick of this bull####. I'm sick of these people. How did we let our country become this mess?

One wrong word. LOL. Yah, it’s called don’t purjure yourself.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Trump is a key figure in several threads of the Russia investigation, and Mueller is said to be building an obstruction-of-justice case against him based on his decision to fire FBI director James Comey last May. Comey was overseeing the Russia investigation at the time, and Trump told NBC's Lester Holt that "this Russia thing" had been a factor in his decision.

Legal experts said Mueller's focus on Trump's involvement in issuing the statement about the Russia meeting is likely an attempt to establish a pattern of conduct and intent, which is critical to proving obstruction of justice.

"It also shows that he's interested in attempts to conceal or shape testimony. The President's actions are under scrutiny," former federal prosecutor Renato Mariotti wrote on Twitter.

But "even if Trump is not charged with a crime in connection to the statement, it could be useful to Mueller's team to show Trump's conduct to a jury that may be considering other charges" like obstruction of justice, a source told NBC News last year.

It is routine for investigators to revisit individuals with whom they previously spoke as new information arises, as Mueller did earlier this month when he recalled for questioning at least one person who was involved in the June 2016 meeting. That information can be in the form of statements by others they interviewed or press accounts.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mark...uct-justice-trump-tower-russia-meeting-2018-1