OMG....what a tool!

transporter

I waited to leave this morning so I could hear our incompetent leader's speech at Davos. This line caught my attention right off the bat:

Since my election we've created 2.4 million jobs and that number is going up very, very substantially.

I know 2.4 million jobs have not been created since his Presidency began. I also know, which is plainly evidenced by the monthly jobs report that job creation is not going up
very very substantially
. So I waited till the transcripts came out to see what I missed.

I didn't catch the
Since my election
bullsh!t. Donald Trump is counting jobs that were created during the previous administration. Like the good BS artist this guy is, he is taking credit for someone else's work!

This statement is also factually incorrect:
There has never been a better time to hire, to build, to invest and to grow in the united States.
December's employment report was the lowest in 3 months.

Anyone with any modicum of business sense knows that the best time in our lifetimes to have hired, built or invested in the US was 2009-2011. Labor was cheap, capital was cheaper and the consumer would come back online once their cleaned up their balance sheets.

What Trump laid out in his speech were wonderful reasons why companies should SELL their products here...not reasons to MAKE their products here. Trump basically spent the majority of his speech reinforcing the high cost of American labor. Whatta guy!

Spook

I waited to leave this morning so I could hear our incompetent leader's speech at Davos. This line caught my attention right off the bat:

I know 2.4 million jobs have not been created since his Presidency began. I also know, which is plainly evidenced by the monthly jobs report that job creation is not going up. So I waited till the transcripts came out to see what I missed.

I didn't catch the bullsh!t. Donald Trump is counting jobs that were created during the previous administration. Like the good BS artist this guy is, he is taking credit for someone else's work!

This statement is also factually incorrect: December's employment report was the lowest in 3 months.

Anyone with any modicum of business sense knows that the best time in our lifetimes to have hired, built or invested in the US was 2009-2011. Labor was cheap, capital was cheaper and the consumer would come back online once their cleaned up their balance sheets.

What Trump laid out in his speech were wonderful reasons why companies should SELL their products here...not reasons to MAKE their products here. Trump basically spent the majority of his speech reinforcing the high cost of American labor. Whatta guy!

Had Hillary somehow won the presidency, I'd probably be butt hurt every day too... just like yourself. Get over it. She lost and you're just another pathetic loser that can't handle it. Have you considered holding your breath? Stomping? Kicking a puppy?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Had Hillary somehow won the presidency, I'd probably be butt hurt every day too... just like yourself. Get over it. She lost and you're just another pathetic loser that can't handle it. Have you considered holding your breath? Stomping? Kicking a puppy?

He better stick to the inanimate objects. I'm pretty sure the puppy could do some serious damage to sir snowflake.

Starman

Rhetorically, it was the best speech he has ever made.

Content-wise, it was the most dangerous.

This is not the right time for inflation-causing currency debasement.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

This is not the right time for inflation-causing currency debasement.

Is there ever a right time for "inflation-causing currency debasement"? Which, by the way, is an ever ongoing process as we speak. Hell, it's even in the feds charter to try to keep and maintain "inflation-causing currency debasement" at 2% annually. Obama added nearly $10 Trillion to the national debt. That money had to go somewhere. Worldwide debt has risen to a record $226 trillion. That money had to go somewhere. The Fed holds $1.75 trillion of MBS from their quantitative-easing program. That money had to go somewhere. Where does it go? Much of this expansion of the money supply winds up in the economy causing "inflation-causing currency debasement". It's not Trump you need worry about. It's the insidious, treacherous, disloyal, evil financial system and banks. All led by the federal reserve.

Starman

Sure, there might be lots of things to be understood about our monetary system.

We know the government has an alternate reality about inflation. We know this because increasingly more things are taken from the cost of living and inflation calculations.

But the point is we don’t need accelerated inflation.

All that money you wonder about ended up in P/E ratios of publicly traded corporate America. $7T in wealth according to Trump by his words in Davos this week.

Now the currency traders in the City of London will start front-running our bankers by making arbitrage plays on opportunities arising from current and future value asymmetries.

The Treasury has the sole ability to make coin worth less. They can make it worth more but that is much trickier math and policy.

There are valid reasons for cheaper coin in the long term, but this is short term window dressing for the trade imbalance. They have said so directly.

It makes no sense to accelerate inflation when we know it is on the right trajectory for the current economic situation. Trump has long said that interest rates need to rise. I agree with him, for many different reasons.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

"Sure, ...." (and a bunch of other nonsensical gobbledygook)

WTF are you babbling about? "The Treasury has the sole ability to make coin worth less." Really? How so when it is the expansion of the money supply, controlled by the banking industry, that dictates inflation that causes coin to be worth more fiat dollars. "Now the currency traders in the City of London will start front-running our bankers ..." You do realize that our central banks and their central banks are really one in the same, right? Owned and controlled by the same families. You do realize what will happen when, and if, interest rates rise substantially more? Bubbles all over will go .... POP!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If I may ...

WTF are you babbling about? "The Treasury has the sole ability to make coin worth less." Really? How so when it is the expansion of the money supply, controlled by the banking industry, that dictates inflation that causes coin to be worth more fiat dollars. "Now the currency traders in the City of London will start front-running our bankers ..." You do realize that our central banks and their central banks are really one in the same, right? Owned and controlled by the same families. You do realize what will happen when, and if, interest rates rise substantially more? Bubbles all over will go .... POP!

*gasp* How dare you. Don't you know that El Bee (aka Starman) is the smahtest man on the planet?

Starman

If I may ...

I’m not talking about substantial interest rises.

When bubbles pop, the government has it. We’ve known this for a minute now. And sometimes bubble pops are good. Clean out the effluvia and all that. As long as I don’t take a bath it’s all good with me.

Yea, all Rothschild banks and all that. I’ve read about them too. When you can’t beat them, join them.