downtown Leonardtown crime?

ehall

Looking at housing around downtown Leonardtown. I know there are some low-income housing in the back, how's the rest of it? Will we get robbed walking home from the bar?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Looking at housing around downtown Leonardtown. I know there are some low-income housing in the back, how's the rest of it? Will we get robbed walking home from the bar?

Yes.

littlelady

God bless the USA

I thought Leonardtown was a nice, safe place. I used to go to a doc there, years ago. I lived in St. Leonard in Calvert for 20 years, but moved last year. Actually, come to think of it, there is no safe place, anymore.

Also, wanted to say we moved out of SoMD for family reasons. SoMD is a beautiful place.

Last edited:

seven

I thought Leonardtown was a nice, safe place. I used to go to a doc there, years ago. I lived in St. Leonard in Calvert for 20 years, but moved last year. Actually, come to think of it, there is no safe place, anymore.

Also, wanted to say we moved out of SoMD for family reasons. SoMD is a beautiful place.

:yawn:

black dog

Free America
My son and his mother have lived on Duke St for 6-7 years now ( Two + blocks from discount row ) They have never had any problems walking around town in a group or separate. My son runs most mornings and evenings in the dark for a few years and has never been encroached apon.
Nothing has ever been stolen from her home / yard or either of the two vehicles.
My son walks back and forth to the post office and the shell station all the time at night. My ex walks to the pub all the time..

Starman

You'll be fine. People like porch jerker are afraid of their own shadow. He can be safely ignored.

My daughter worked at the Rex before she went off to graduate school and lived within walking distance. She never had an issue, never felt unsafe, even going home late at night/early in the A.M. Her undergraduate years were spent in NYC, so it's all relative.

You can check one or more of the online crime stat checkers to objectively see what the data look like and how it lines up with your personal preferences and risk tolerance.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

I apologize for my first reply. Until I went back and looked at your join date, I thought I was replying to a come downer. Leonardtown has had it'd ups and downs over time, but has come a long way in recent years. Since Mouse Suite and is band of squatting macacas have moved on, it's become quite gentrified.

You'll be fine. People like porch jerker are afraid of their own shadow. He can be safely ignored.

You have no idea, little man. I was having some fun with ehall. Some of the places I've frequented in my misguided youth, would have you soiling your Power Girls undies. Why don't you run along and try to find meaning for your pathetic little existence.

I'm off from work for a few days. Perhaps you'd like to meet at the lake for a little fishing lesson, tough guy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Doubtful. There's crime everywhere but Ltown is safe for the most part. You should be able to walk downtown to dinner and get a drink with no problems. These internet people who are always wanting to beat each other up don't live there.

mitzi

No. I've lived in town for over 10 years and have walked all over day and night. Never had a problem and have heard of very few problems, it's not common. The people I've talked to back in the low income section are usually really nice, they're not out to rob you.

GregV814

Dating myself here, and probably some of you too....(in Jack Webb's voice) "this is the City, Leonardtown,,,,a long historical business mecca with stores, the Courthouse, a quaint Art Studio called the Yellow Door...It's like any other City in America with children with rosy red cheeks playing ball in the summertime, bars filled with revelers, and a nearby hospital. There's Mrs. Banister baking her pies for the Church social, Mr. Green cutting his manicured lawn, Da'Quan selling crack on the corner...DAQUAN SELLING CRACK ON THE CORNER!!!!!!!???? Thats when I go to work, I carry a badge...." daaaa de dum dum...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, that was fun.

Can you flame warriors please confine yourselves to your political raving and not turn every thread into a #### storm?

TIA.

luvmygdaughters

We've lived in Leonardtown for about 20 years now. Never had a problem. We live very close to the firehouse, just to give you a proximity. I'm not saying you wont see an unsavory every once in a while,but for the most part, very safe.

black dog

Free America
We've lived in Leonardtown for about 20 years now. Never had a problem. We live very close to the firehouse, just to give you a proximity. I'm not saying you wont see an unsavory every once in a while,but for the most part, very safe.

If you see my son running yell at him to pick up the pace. MCRD Parris Island is 34 days away...