When this Presidency is over...

transporter

...will the US have any allies left? Britain has been one of our most loyal and steadfast allies. Yet, our incompetent President continues to stick his foot in his mouth as he denigrates Britain every time the subject comes up. Here is the latest: https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...ugher-attitude-than-theresa-may-idUSKBN1FH08X

LONDON (Reuters) -
In the interview with British channel ITV, Trump said the European Union was “not cracked up to what it’s supposed to be” and claimed he had predicted the result of the June 2016 referendum in which Britons voted to leave the EU. Trump was elected to the U.S. presidency later the same year.

When asked if May was in a “good position” regarding the ongoing Brexit talks, Trump replied: “Would it be the way I negotiate? No, I wouldn’t negotiate it the way it’s [being] negotiated ... I would have had a different attitude.”

Pressed on how his approach would be different, he said: “I would have said the European Union is not cracked up to what it’s supposed to be. I would have taken a tougher stand in getting out.”

Here is the Great Negotiator myth once again. Trump hasn't negotiated a thing since he's been in office. Sure, he's signed loads of Executive Orders and he's signed a tax cut bill that was passed along party lines...but EOs aren't negotiated and the tax cut bill was only negotiated inside the Republican Party. He has yet to prove he can or is even interested in negotiating with anyone with an opposing view. Trump spends more time negotiating his positions with himself.

But the “special relationship” between the two nations has since faced several ups and downs, including Trump rebuking May on Twitter after she criticised him for retweeting British far-right anti-Islam videos.

He said in an earlier extract from the same interview that he had not intended to cause offence in Britain by sharing the videos and that he would apologise if the original posters were horrible racists.

So despite the videos being shown to be false Trump would only be sorry for posting them based on the condition that the original poster was a horrible racist?

Trump’s comments on militant attacks in Britain have angered some and he has often exchanged barbs on social media with London Mayor Sadiq Khan.

He's doing a hell of a job of pissing off an entire country.

We are going to need the world's assistance again some day. After the travesty that this President has made of our foreign relations, who is going stand with us?

Oh BTW...latest reports are that 32% of Puerto Rico is still without power. https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/25/us/puerto-rico-hurricane-maria-power/index.html

GregV814

You will jump onto the next butt hurt traumatic event in your pitiful existence TP....thats my guess.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Yet, our incompetent President...

Still unemployed I see; thus no bonus and no pay raise. I'm very sorry your dependency on government isn't working for you.

I, on the other hand, got a pretty good pay raise; something I haven't seen for about 4 years.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He's doing a hell of a job of pissing off an entire country.

#### them. Trump is president of the United States, not president of the world. We hired him to take care of our interests, not Britain's.

We are going to need the world's assistance again some day.

:lol:

Since history is clearly not your strong suit, let me remind you that the United States comes to the aid of other countries. They haven't come to our aid since 1775.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Time for the rest of the world to take off the training wheels and do without major assistance from Uncle Sugar.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:killingme:killingme:killingme Priceless!

Right?

The Europeans are doing the same damn thing with Muslim radicals that they did with Hitler and Nazi Germany. "Oh, if we treat them nicely and accept them, they'll be our friend and we'll have peace!" Of course we saw how that played out in WWII.

And who came and gave them their country back?

HINT: not Haiti.

glhs837

Power with Control
Regarding domestic negotiations, it's hard to negotiate with people who wont bend on anything. Who's only known negotiating tactic is "If you dont give us our way 100%, we will call you names and claim you wont compromise and the press will regurgitate it on command"

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Right?

The Europeans are doing the same damn thing with Muslim radicals that they did with Hitler and Nazi Germany. "Oh, if we treat them nicely and accept them, they'll be our friend and we'll have peace!" Of course we saw how that played out in WWII.

And who came and gave them their country back?

HINT: not Haiti.

Not to mention the simple fact that Britain has almost no military forces left. The one (one...that's right..one) aircraft carrier they do have does not even have any fixed-wing aircraft to deploy on it.

Hijinx

Vrai -------- Since history is clearly not your strong suit, let me remind you that the United States comes to the aid of other countries. They haven't come to our aid since 1775.

Good Point.

Monello--- Time for the rest of the world to take off the training wheels and do without major assistance from Uncle Sugar.

Another good point.

Vrai----The Europeans are doing the same damn thing with Muslim radicals that they did with Hitler and Nazi Germany. "Oh, if we treat them nicely and accept them, they'll be our friend and we'll have peace!" Of course we saw how that played out in WWII.

There bis a big difference The Brits treated the Germans nicely, but the Germans were in Germany. The Muslims have invaded England, and the Brits are treating them nicely by handing them Britain.

ghs837----Regarding domestic negotiations, it's hard to negotiate with people who wont bend on anything. Who's only known negotiating tactic is "If you dont give us our way 100%, we will call you names and claim you wont compromise and the press will regurgitate it on command"

TJ cannot see the forest for the trees.

Trump’s comments on militant attacks in Britain have angered some and he has often exchanged barbs on social media with London Mayor Sadiq Khan.

He is a Muslim as so many other Mayors in British cities are. Speaking of Mrs. May she is giving her country to the Muslims and Britain will soon be under Sharia law . She had better get used to wearing a Burka. Does anyone expect a Muslim mayor to get along with Mr. Trump. In a short while Britain will be no use to anyone as an ally.

They are a nation dying from the effects of immigration.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Does anyone expect a Muslim mayor to get along with Mr. Trump.

This is when they lose me and I'm no longer interested in discussing with them: when they cry that the Mayor of London hates Trump, so that must mean...something.

:lol: