Here is where we are headed??

transporter

This is the where most of you seem to think we should be headed:

MOSCOW (AP) — Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny was wrestled to the ground and forced into a police vehicle Sunday as he headed to a Moscow protest that was part of a day of nationwide demonstrations.

Navalny, the most prominent foe of President Vladimir Putin, organized the protests to urge a boycott of Russia’s March 18 presidential election, in which Putin is sure to win a fourth term.

The anti-corruption campaigner was denied permission to be a presidential candidate because of an embezzlement conviction in a case widely seen as politically motivated.

Navalny was arrested as he walked down a main thoroughfare to the demonstration. Video on his YouTube channel showed Navalny struggling with police before they pushed him to the ground and then into a bus.

He called on supporters to continue the demonstrations despite his arrest.

“They have detained me. This doesn’t mean anything,” he said on Twitter. “You didn’t come out for me, but for your future.”

Hours earlier, police raided Navalny’s Moscow headquarters, where there is a studio for live video transmissions. One broadcaster on the stream said police apparently were using a grinder to try to get access to the studio.

https://www.apnews.com/0b5effc246c1...osition-leader-Navalny-arrested-amid-protests

Every chant of "Lock Her Up", every time Trump threatens a political opponent with govt action, we move that much closer to this sort of outcome. But you all really don't seem to care. Based on the majority of comments on here, it seems you all would prefer that those who think differently than you should be locked up (and most certainly anyone who looks differently should be deported).

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Every chant of "Lock Her Up", every time Trump threatens a political opponent with govt action, we move that much closer to this sort of outcome. But you all really don't seem to care. Based on the majority of comments on here, it seems you all would prefer that those who think differently than you should be locked up (and most certainly anyone who looks differently should be deported).

Uh, actually there cumquat, it people like you who think like this. We just like to have the law enforced.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If Hillary didn't commit so many crimes, we wouldn't want her ass locked up.

Notice that Trump is not calling for Barack Obama, or Nancy Pelosi, or Chuck Schumer to be locked up? That should be your first clue that your silly "argument" is invalid.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Every chant of "impeach 45" with no evidence of high crimes or misdemeanors, only because you hate the guy, we move that much closer to this sort of outcome. Every time you chant "collusion" we move that much closer to this sort of outcome. Trying to take down a duly elected president using lies, we move that much closer to this sort of outcome.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
If any other person had been so careless with classified information, they'd be in jail. How did hillary get a pass? Thus the lock her up chants.

glhs837

Power with Control
See above. If Ms Clinton was not obviously guilty of things that anyone else would, and has been, locked up for, we wouldn't want her locked up. And the fact that the only reason she didn't get locked was "optics" and privilege makes us a bit angry. Were this Russia, President Obama would have already been locked up. But it's not. Were it Russia, John Kerry would have most likely tripped into an umbrella tipped with cobalt by now. But it's not.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Every chant of "impeach 45" with no evidence of high crimes or misdemeanors, only because you hate the guy, we move that much closer to this sort of outcome. Every time you chant "collusion" we move that much closer to this sort of outcome. Trying to take down a duly elected president using lies, we move that much closer to this sort of outcome.

And I guarantee that if these fascists try to overthrow our democracy, they will trigger a civil war and be annihilated.

I have said numerous times, if you want Trump to become an extraordinarily popular dictator with the will of the People behind him no matter what he does, keep it up. Currently we're on the side of freedom and democracy, but we could easily be pushed into supporting martial law. And the Left would have no one to blame for that but themselves. Read some world history to see how it works.

Perhaps that's the goal? These puling snowflakes are just tools being manipulated into making the majority of the country hate them and rally for the iron fist to shut their asses down for good?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
privilege makes us a bit angry.

Which is why it's fascinating to watch the ####flakes cry and whine about "privilege" while idolizing that filthy criminal grifter and screaming for impeachment of a President who has done no proven wrong.

Hijinx

Please don't get my hopes up.

I suppose that TJ believes that people who show up dressed in black and wearing masks and perpetrating violence, are peaceable demonstrators in her view.

As for Hillary how blind can anyone be that they cannot see her special status as a criminal bigger than and above the laws.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

You're comparing apples to armpits.

Where do you come up with this tripe? Why are you so bitter towards people that want what's best for our country? You seem to be of above average IQ, yet you come up with this off-the-wall bull#### that negates anything that you might have said in the past, that would get people to see things differently.

You're surely not going to win over any converts, when you throw your turd in the punch bowl, then go running off like a howler monkey into the night. You should consider working on your presentation, and having more to fall back on, than pure emotion and unadulterated rage.

Just sayin'...

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Transporter, why do you post stupid #### and then run and hide? Do you really think that helps your argument? Why not defend against some of these points and show that your more than a turd in the punch bowl poster.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Transporter, why do you post stupid #### and then run and hide? Do you really think that helps your argument? Why not defend against some of these points and show that your more than a turd in the punch bowl poster.

There's a part of me that thinks these people aren't even real; that they're paid rabblerousers for whatever purpose. But I know people like this personally - they are filled with ignorant rage and you cannot have a reasonable discussion with them. They're sucked into a Party, like some people are sucked into a Religion or whatever, and that's that. What the Party tells them to think, they think. And if you point out an obvious flaw in their argument, they get hostile and abusive because you've just threatened their whole world.

Having a discussion with them is like questioning Tom Cruise about Scientology - they get blank-eyed and start jumping on the couch while spouting gibberish.

It's scary, yet fascinating.

Starman

You're comparing apples to armpits.

Where do you come up with this tripe? Why are you so bitter towards people that want what's best for our country?

News flash: there’s not a single unified view of “what’s best” for the country.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
News flash: there’s not a single unified view of “what’s best” for the country.

But there should be. I'll bet you and I, as different as we are, could sit down and hammer out a unified "what's best". Political wars, though, are like Holy wars in that each raging wild-eyed side cannot be reasonable or compromise. They are kept in a state of frenzy and irrationality, and at that point they can only think of "what's best" for the Party/Religion, and screw the country.

glhs837

Power with Control
But there should be. I'll bet you and I, as different as we are, could sit down and hammer out a unified "what's best". Political wars, though, are like Holy wars in that each raging wild-eyed side cannot be reasonable or compromise. They are kept in a state of frenzy and irrationality, and at that point they can only think of "what's best" for the Party/Religion, and screw the country.

Agreed, once one or boths sides start picking hills to die on, or worse yet, EVERY hill must be fought to the death for, then compromising becomes impossible without becoming an unclean pariah within your own party. And since the heart of the party system is 100% compliance with the platform, there's not a lot of room left for moderates. And the entrenched good ol' boy and girls network has built this selflicking ice cream cone of compliance required for access to money, and money evidently is speech and so it;s politics to the highest bidder. Maybe if folks knew they could never make a 40-50 year career out of ti, that might be less true.