Trump Sues County over Golf Course for 5th year in a row.

Sapidus

God this man is the very definition of slime

As usual, Trump is trying to inflate the value of his Golf Course for his benefit without paying the taxes on it.

"The suit marks the fifth year in a row that Trump has disputed the property tax bill for the 131-acre course along Donald Ross Road. Even as he fights the county’s $19.7 million estimate, Trump’s financial disclosures in 2016 and 2017 list the value of Trump National Golf Club in Jupiter as “over $50 million.”

https://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/...r-jupiter-golf-course/W7ceVDmZuHslCxu3XcAnJK/

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
God this man is the very definition of slime

As usual, Trump is trying to inflate the value of his Golf Course for his benefit without paying the taxes on it.

"The suit marks the fifth year in a row that Trump has disputed the property tax bill for the 131-acre course along Donald Ross Road. Even as he fights the county’s $19.7 million estimate, Trump’s financial disclosures in 2016 and 2017 list the value of Trump National Golf Club in Jupiter as “over $50 million.”

https://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/...r-jupiter-golf-course/W7ceVDmZuHslCxu3XcAnJK/

Companies and individuals disputing property tax bills is an everyday occurrence and quite routine. I've disputed the valuation put on mine twice over the years. The calculation is that the business' lawyer's fees will be more than offset by the reduced tax owed. It's called "business"..something you'd never know anything about. ;-) There is also the often huge difference between the total valuation of an ongoing business compared to simply the taxable value of the property it's on. People like you don't understand that difference.

Last edited:

Hijinx

It is every citizens right to dispute the tax charged on your property.

You are probably going to lose, but you can dispute it.

Certainly doesn't make you slime--or anything near it.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

Sappy probably doesn’t have property, so wouldn’t understand how this works.....but just like to call Trump a slime ball for whatever reason MSNBC, CNN, WAPO, orNYT tells him to.......

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

that is YOUR Opinion ... as a property holder he has EVERY LEGAL Right to challenge the assessment

YOU just go looking for offenses

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
If I may ...

So what? Nothing different than someone challenging their tax assessment on their home. Same with commercial property here.

It's not about taxes...its about....Trump

I'm protesting new evaluations on three properties myself this year.....so I guess I'm a slime ball too........

Sapidus

Two things —
1. Why does it indicate he is “slime”?
2. Why do you care?

It’s pretty simple.

He is not paying his due to the county he uses resources in.

He inflated the value of his property when it suits his needs and devalues it when it suits his needs.

Another example of his willingness to lie and out his needs over everyone else’s.

Surprised that is still hard for you to understand after a year of this behavior.

Sapidus

So the fact that he claims it’s worth $50 million when it benefits him and then turns around and fights a sub $20 million valuation doesn’t bother you?

Again just think how you would feel has Obama done it. Maybe that will make it easier.

It is everyone right but to fight it five years in a row seems a bit suspicious

Sapidus

It's not about taxes...its about....Trump

I'm protesting new evaluations on three properties myself this year.....so I guess I'm a slime ball too........

Are you also claiming they are worth 2.5 times that value on your balance sheets you use to acquire loans?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Are you also claiming they are worth 2.5 times that value on your balance sheets you use to acquire loans?

Of course ........genius!

It’s up to the banks to figure that out, but they usually value them only on purchase price or income .

I'm sure Trump isn't doing anything, probably not his idea. More likely it's his team of accountants and lawyers who made a recommendation to Trump and he said proceed.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Are you insisting on being obtuse and not recognizing the huge disparity that can exist between the value of a business and the value of the property it sits on?

Why, yes...yes, of course you are. It's what you do best.

Hijinx

So the fact that he claims it’s worth $50 million when it benefits him and then turns around and fights a sub $20 million valuation doesn’t bother you?

Again just think how you would feel has Obama done it. Maybe that will make it easier.

It is everyone right but to fight it five years in a row seems a bit suspicious

Doesn't bother me in the least, but then I am not obsessed with Trump. What he is doing is legal.
What bothers me is when a person in an official status as Secretary of State sells audiences with her in a pay for play scheme that rewards them with Millions of dollars put into a phony charity. Money coming from foreign entities with promises of being granted special status.

Sapidus

Doesn't bother me in the least, but then I am not obsessed with Trump. What he is doing is legal.
What bothers me is when a person in an official status as Secretary of State sells audiences with her in a pay for play scheme that rewards them with Millions of dollars put into a phony charity. Money coming from foreign entities with promises of being granted special status.

Haha. When was that? Let’s see your proof

Just because Alex jones or faux news tells you it’s true doesn’t mean it is. Use some critical thinking.

You are the same moron who has a problem with Hillary giving paid speeches to Goldman Sachs but no problem that the former head of Goldman Sachs ( who had a large hand in causing the eceonomic downturn due to fraud ) being Trumps closest economic advisor.

But you only complain when Hillary or Obama are involved. Your Cheeto in chief poops gold according to you.

BOP

It’s pretty simple.

He is not paying his due to the county he uses resources in.

He inflated the value of his property when it suits his needs and devalues it when it suits his needs.

Another example of his willingness to lie and out his needs over everyone else’s.

Surprised that is still hard for you to understand after a year of this behavior.

What resources would those be? Do you think he doesn't pay for utilities? Is there an air tax we don't know about?