Surprise, Surprise Trump declines to impose new sanctions on Russia despite House and Senate near un

littlelady

God bless the USA
The part you still don’t get is there is still no evidence of collusion. The Clinton’s should be sanctioned/jailed for selling 20% of our Uranium to Russia, and pocketing their kickback money into their fraudulent foundation.

And, no, until I see evidence to the contrary, Trump is trying to keep America from becoming that hole. I see Ben Cardin (the only reason I and my cohorts have been elected time and time again is because of contorted gerrymandering) put in his two cents. All I need to know.

Also, you spun that article like a pro. You are good at emulating your idols. You are counting on that members don’t read/know it all. :killingme:

Last edited:

Sapidus

The part you still don’t get is there is still no evidence of collusion. The Clinton’s should be sanctioned/jailed for selling 20% of our Uranium to Russia, and pocketing their kickback money into their fraudulent foundation.

And, no, until I see evidence to the contrary, Trump is trying to keep America from becoming that hole. I see Ben Cardin (the only reason I and my cohorts have been elected time and time again is because of contorted gerrymandering) put in his two cents. All I need to know.

Also, you spun that article like a pro. You are good at emulating your idols. You are counting on that members don’t read/know it all. :killingme:

You should stop believing Hannity and Faux News. The uranium story was a distractuon and was shown to have no basis in reality.

Just like all of Trumps crack pot propaganda.

Get outside your fake news bubble

littlelady

God bless the USA
You should stop believing Hannity and Faux News. The uranium story was a distractuon and was shown to have no basis in reality.

Just like all of Trumps crack pot propaganda.

Get outside your fake news bubble

The Uranium story was news before Trump or any of the other 16 ran for prez. When has it been proven that story has no basis in reality? Please be more specific on what you claim is Trump’s crack pot propaganda. And, lastly, I don’t live In a fake news bubble. I think that might be you. That was easy. Looking forward to your next reply.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Sap... You either didn't read the article, or you didn't understand it. This is not a law that places new sanctions on Russia (it does effectively keep the ones that exist in place), it's a law that places limits on what the president can do in regards to those sanctions on Russia:

The new legislation would sharply limit the president’s ability to suspend or terminate the sanctions — a remarkable handcuffing by a Republican-led Congress six months into Mr. Trump’s tenure.

In all the talk about this president needing to exercise diplomacy to settle our differences with foreign leaders, this is exactly why the president is against this limitation; and now you - predictably - criticize Trump for wanting the leverage to exercise that diplomacy.

On your unrelated note that Trump is out there attacking the FBI and DOJ... Trump has read the memo that allegedly will show the FBI and DOJ were working to destroy Trump. Our top law enforcement conspiring to take down a duly elected president, using false information. Trump is right to attack them. And now, as president, he is right to start the process of heads rolling.

Last edited:

Starman

Trump has read the memo that allegedly will show the FBI and DOJ were working to destroy Trump. Our top law enforcement conspiring to take down a duly elected president, using false information. Trump is right to attack them. And now, as president, he is right to start the process of heads rolling.

Unless/until Trump declassifies and releases this memo, that conclusion cannot be made.

My guess is that it's all bluster.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So anyway, ya'll progs are going to have to run and get your new talking points because those old ones you've been blathering around are getting ready to blow up in your faces.

Starman

Trump is not the one who was trying to keep it under wraps. The House panel voted last night to release the memo - it was split right down party lines, and guess which party didn't want it released?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/29/...memo-vote-house-intelligence-republicans.html

Don't have a Times account, so can't read that piece, but this is great news! Now we'll get to see for ourselves that it's all bluster.

The point about Trump is that he can declassify anything he wants at any time. It still may come down to that for one reason or another.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Don't have a Times account, so can't read that piece, but this is great news! Now we'll get to see for ourselves that it's all bluster.

The point about Trump is that he can declassify anything he wants at any time. It still may come down to that for one reason or another.
If it is so much bluster, why are the Dems so opposed to the release?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Trump is not the one who was trying to keep it under wraps. The House panel voted last night to release the memo - it was split right down party lines, and guess which party didn't want it released?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/29/...memo-vote-house-intelligence-republicans.html

I have seen one member of congress after another, that has read this memo, get on the tube telling us there is 'there' there. They are really making this out to be a smoking gun. All I have to say is it damn-well better be after all that hype.

PsyOps

Pixelated

You went on to tell me my conclusion is unfounded, yet you are convinced of your unfounded conclusion. I know whence the bluster blows.

Starman

Trump could have declassified this on day one. If there is a “there there” just imagine how that would have taken the air out of these sails immediately.

Why wouldn’t he do that? He doesn’t have to wait for the House Intelligence Commitee to act or not act on this. He is the CINC.

Don’t want to declassify? No problem. Surely it could be leaked to the press.

So the House voted to release it. Let’s see it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Trump said last week that he would declassify the memo. He was just waiting for the House to vote. If you consumed real news, you would know these things.

For some reason our campground cable doesn't include either Fox or CNN - we get local news and CNBC. (insert cusswords here) So, because I like to get a well-rounded news report, I went to the CNN website, which was jampacked with anti-Trump stories and non-stories all over the front page. Nothing positive or even neutral - every single front page headline was derogatory toward Trump. Here, you can see today's page for yourself:

cnn.jpg

It's not surprising you all are ignorant and don't know what's going on when a typo in the SOTU invitation makes the front page and the rest is all "Trump is an orange Cheeto Hitler/Satan/Stalin!" For contrast, here is the front page of Fox:

http://www.foxnews.com/

See how much other stuff there is going on in this country and the world?

Now. You can continue to read your little blogs and be ignorant, OR you can branch out and be informed. Your choice. Just understand that some of us DO stay informed, and your comments make it blindingly clear when you do not.

Starman

Trump said last week that he would declassify the memo. He was just waiting for the House to vote. If you consumed real news, you would know these things.

For some reason our campground cable doesn't include either Fox or CNN - we get local news and CNBC. (insert cusswords here) So, because I like to get a well-rounded news report, I went to the CNN website, which was jampacked with anti-Trump stories and non-stories all over the front page. Nothing positive or even neutral - every single front page headline was derogatory toward Trump. Here, you can see today's page for yourself:

View attachment 121305

It's not surprising you all are ignorant and don't know what's going on when a typo in the SOTU invitation makes the front page and the rest is all "Trump is an orange Cheeto Hitler/Satan/Stalin!" For contrast, here is the front page of Fox:

http://www.foxnews.com/

See how much other stuff there is going on in this country and the world?

Now. You can continue to read your little blogs and be ignorant, OR you can branch out and be informed. Your choice. Just understand that some of us DO stay informed, and your comments make it blindingly clear when you do not.

:lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Trump could have declassified this on day one. If there is a “there there” just imagine how that would have taken the air out of these sails immediately.

Why wouldn’t he do that? He doesn’t have to wait for the House Intelligence Commitee to act or not act on this. He is the CINC.

Don’t want to declassify? No problem. Surely it could be leaked to the press.

So the House voted to release it. Let’s see it.

Really? That's your talking point? That Trump should have jumped over House Intelligence and ordered the release of the memo without their consideration?

:lol: