McCabe Set Up Meeting That Leaked To CNN

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
McCabe requested to meet privately with then-White House chief of staff Reince Priebus in February 2017 so that he could tell Priebus that everything in a New York Times article titled, "Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence," was "bulls***." The Federalist reports:

McCabe claimed to want Priebus to know the FBI’s perspective that this story was not true. Priebus pointed to the televisions that were going non-stop on the story. He asked if the FBI could say publicly what he had just told him. McCabe said he’d have to check, according to the book.

McCabe reportedly called back and said he couldn’t do anything about it. Then-FBI director James Comey reportedly called later and also said he couldn’t do anything, but did offer to brief the Senate Intelligence Committee on the matter later that week, suggesting they’d spill the beans publicly.

Then, according to Howard Kurtz’s new book “Media Madness”:

Now, a week later, CNN was airing a breaking news story naming Priebus. According to ‘multiple U.S. officials,’ the network said, ‘the FBI rejected a White House request to publicly knock down media reports about communications between Donald Trump’s associates and Russians known to U.S. intelligence.’

Priebus was stunned by the implication that he was pressuring law enforcement. Had he been set up? Why was the FBI leaking this information when one of its top officials had initiated the conversation?

Andrew McCabe Set Up Meeting That Leaked To CNN Which Led To 'Obstruction' Narrative, New Book Claims

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And then there is the story about McCabe requesting agents to alter Form 302 interview reports.

McCabe could be in a ton of trouble....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
McCabe could be in a ton of trouble....

You know, I hope so. I've been waiting for this outing of "government" my whole entire adult life. Since I was a young 20-something watching Iran-Contra unfold I've been saying there's a LOT more going on than what We the People are hearing about, and I was rebuffed with, "Oh, crazy tinfoil hatter!"

Well ha-####ing-ha-ha-ha.

Note that it took an outsider to blow it all up, which means every single president before him was in on it. And yes, that would be Ronald Reagan as well.

You'd think Libertarians would be all about Trump, but I note that they're just as effing ignorant and incurious as the Democrats they used to be.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The investigation, the Washington Post reported Tuesday, "has been focused for months on why Andrew McCabe, as the No. 2 official at the FBI, appeared not to act for about three weeks on a request to examine a batch of Hillary Clinton-related emails found in the latter stages of the 2016 election campaign."

Even shadier, McCabe's wife Jill rant for a Virginia state senate seat in 2015. At the time, she received donations of nearly $675,000 from former Democratic National Committee Chairman Terry McAuliffe's super PAC, and from the Democratic Party of Virginia.

McAuliffe, as is well known, is a long-time Clinton partisan, aide and friend who went on to be governor of Virginia. As the FBI's No. 2, he had influence and direct control over the investigation into Hillary Clinton's missing 33,000 emails and the use of an illegal server during her tenure as secretary of state.

To suggest that the money McAuliffe directed toward McCabe's wife would have no impact on how he conducted his investigation and subsequent decisions is, of course, absurd and contrary to basic common sense.

McCabe seems to have been an agent-in-place for the Democratic Party, and FBI Director Wray finally said, "enough." McCabe, by the way, still walks away with nearly $2 million in retirement benefits.

As we said, McCabe just might be the first of several. Already a number of FBI employees have been demoted because of their political activities. Let us be as clear as we can be: We don't care what McCabe's political views are, as long as he did his job.

FBI Scandal: McCabe's Resignation Is Only The Beginning