Trump 50% Average Approval

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
'Trump Boom' Starts To Impact His Approval Numbers

Unsurprisingly, with all that good news, Trump's fortunes in some key polls are starting to improve.

While Trump's overall job approval remains at a sub-par 40% average, he has gained ground in several recent polls. But it's in the all-important category of his performance on the economy where Trump has seen some major movement. Real Clear Politics' current average of the national polls found that Trump has built a 7-point lead on the economy: 50.9% approving of his handling of the economy, while 43.6% disapprove.

President Trump Job Approval - Economy

Poor Sappy and Toe Jam

:killingme

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
'Trump Boom' Starts To Impact His Approval Numbers

Unsurprisingly, with all that good news, Trump's fortunes in some key polls are starting to improve.

While Trump's overall job approval remains at a sub-par 40% average, he has gained ground in several recent polls. But it's in the all-important category of his performance on the economy where Trump has seen some major movement. Real Clear Politics' current average of the national polls found that Trump has built a 7-point lead on the economy: 50.9% approving of his handling of the economy, while 43.6% disapprove.

President Trump Job Approval - Economy

Poor Sappy and Toe Jam

....but, but, but.......collusion....

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Face it, President Trump will never see approval ratings over 50%. 1 side is dug in so deep they have to ship in daylight.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As long as Trump is popular with me, that's all I care about. Considering how stupid and ill-informed the general public is, I really don't take their opinion into consideration.

SamSpade

As long as Trump is popular with me, that's all I care about. Considering how stupid and ill-informed the general public is, I really don't take their opinion into consideration.

You're not kidding - they had a video up yesterday asking people in the street what they thought about Trump's SOTU address.
And they hated it - even though he delivers it TONIGHT, so none of them had heard it yet, and obviously they were all too stupid to know that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You're not kidding - they had a video up yesterday asking people in the street what they thought about Trump's SOTU address.
And they hated it - even though he delivers it TONIGHT, so none of them had heard it yet, and obviously they were all too stupid to know that.

What's stunning about that is it's so simple to say, "Sorry, didn't watch it. Didn't even know it was going on." And yet quite a few of these NYU COLLEGE STUDENTS!!! felt compelled to lie about their level of interest and then go off on some bizarre criticism of SOMETHING THAT NEVER HAPPENED.

I wonder if they feel like real idiots now that they surely know they talked out their ass on national TV.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You are right not to trust anything GURPS posts:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Overall avg approval is up a little to about 39% according to 538. GURPS just searches for his propaganda...

had you bothered to analyze the figures RCP reporting is an AVERAGE of all the Polls Taken
[I am not sure what exactly 538 is averaging - it looks like a similar data set, maybe Sam can shed some light]

538.jpg

RCP.jpg

you are one to spew about Propaganda

this is stunning from the latest Rasmussen Poll quoted at the top if 538 average UP 29 POINTS

Rass.jpg

Last edited:

SamSpade

We saw during the 2016 campaign that 538 makes it up as they go along and are not a reputable (or even accurate) polling source.

Five Thirty Eight's problem was the way they reported a finding ---

If, for example, their polling showed Hillary winning a state by say, 58%, they regarded that as a 100% "win".
So they would come up with a win likelihood based on states with a good lead already in play.

THIS way, he could render a percentage of winning based on states both of them had, so to speak, already won.
Then, he'd give his Electoral College result. The grey area existed ONLY in states not yet determined.

And yet Trump won because the polls did NOT say he'd win Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.

in ANY case, Nate Silver STILL recommends looking at poll averages rather than polls.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Five Thirty Eight's problem was the way they reported a finding ---

He'd go on the shows and come across as a con man. A shill. And he seemed so sure of himself, too. Everyone touted him as some perfect-record expert, but I had never even heard his name before. "Here's this world-renowned person nobody's ever heard of! Give it up for Nate Silver!"

These people are entertainers, not true trend watchers with any predictive skill. Nate Silver told CNN viewers what they wanted to hear, nothing more.

SamSpade

He'd go on the shows and come across as a con man. A shill. And he seemed so sure of himself, too. Everyone touted him as some perfect-record expert, but I had never even heard his name before. "Here's this world-renowned person nobody's ever heard of! Give it up for Nate Silver!"

These people are entertainers, not true trend watchers with any predictive skill. Nate Silver told CNN viewers what they wanted to hear, nothing more.

See, I'd heard of Nate Silver for *YEARS*, but even though his website deals with elections (five thirty eight being the number of electoral votes), I'd found his sports results to be spot on for a long time.
So I tended to trust his results.

The PROBLEM was, he was trying to give an estimate of WINNING - just as he does with the Patriots or Eagles. Who is most likely to WIN.
So if a state was in the "win" column, that would push the "win" number higher. Hillary might have only had a 55% chance of winning PA, MI or WI - but if it was assured, the electoral votes could be counted as a 100%.
Thus giving her a win. I GET why he predicted a Hillary win. Everyone did. And there was SO MUCH involved in those polls.

I mean, even NOW we have people who support Trump who don't want to go on record as saying so. They have too many liberal friends who will crap all over them.
Such is the nature of the tolerant, kind, open-minded party where they will shoot at your baseball game and threaten to blow you up.
Or say "not my President". Obama was my President - I didn't like him, but I didn't want anyone to kill him.

So - that happened in the polls. The press made supporting Trump SO anathema that people were reluctant to say "I'm voting for Trump".
They didn't want to be excoriated on national television as a racist. Again, the tolerant party.
So what happened - people didn't tell the truth. And it's not surprising. You have this national presence in the press saying "if you're for Trump, you're a racist".

Let's look at this - I mean, Democrats had NO IDEA how much people hated Hillary.
I usually say "they ran a turd against Hillary - and the turd won - take the hint".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So - that happened in the polls. The press made supporting Trump SO anathema that people were reluctant to say "I'm voting for Trump".
They didn't want to be excoriated on national television as a racist. Again, the tolerant party.
So what happened - people didn't tell the truth. And it's not surprising. You have this national presence in the press saying "if you're for Trump, you're a racist".

They are certainly nasty little bullies, aren't they?

I never understood the reluctance to declare yourself for Trump. I had no problem stating my voting intentions and anyone who had a problem with it could piss up a rope. I can sneer better than the best of them and my disdain for Hillary voters is impossible to be polite about. When some Hillary bot would dare express disapproval of The Donald I had no problem at all making an "ew" face at them and getting away lest I be infected with their dumbass cooties. Bernie Sanders, I get it - he was the principled choice for progressives and liberals. But Hillary Clinton? Really? Ick.

However, I belong to a Trump supporter FB group that is hush hush super secret because many of the members fear backlash from relatives and, no kidding, employers. So when some brainless prog dares say that the Right is bullying and squashes free speech, I laugh right in their ignorant face.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
However, I belong to a Trump supporter FB group that is hush hush super secret because many of the members fear backlash from relatives and, no kidding, employers. So when some brainless prog dares say that the Right is bullying and squashes free speech, I laugh right in their ignorant face.

I hide my support for Trump to keep my job. My boss is such a jerk....