Chinese firm announces US Solar plant.....

transporter

Do you two bother to read anything beyond the headline? Do you still not understand how Press Releases work in the Ego of Trump???

This factory is not new and it is not based on the tariffs.

http://www.morningstar.com/news/dow...s-solar-plant-a-week-after-trump-tariffs.html

https://therealdeal.com/miami/2018/...r-seeks-subsidies-to-operate-in-jacksonville/

The facts are that this company had already secured space and sweetheart deal funding from FL to build two facilities and create 800 jobs. They are simply putting out a false flag press release to appease Dear Leader's ego.

Now before you two engage in your circle jerk of propagandist joy, the solar industry expects the tariffs to result in the loss of 23,000 US jobs.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The facts are that this company had already secured space and sweetheart deal funding from FL to build two facilities and create 800 jobs. They are simply putting out a false flag press release to appease Dear Leader's ego.

^ also known as "what winning looks like". :gossip:

Chris0nllyn

The solar tariffs are a massive bad idea.

In addition, there were tariffs placed on washing machines. I haven't heard about a new Samsung or LG washing machine factory popping up yet.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I haven't heard about a new Samsung or LG washing machine factory popping up yet.

originally moved from Korea to China to Thailand to ...
as I understand it, every time a new restriction or Tariff turns up, Samsung moves the plant somewhere else

Chris0nllyn

originally moved from Korea to China to Thailand to ...
as I understand it, every time a new restriction or Tariff turns up, Samsung moves the plant somewhere else

So instead of understanding that competition between mfr's brings down prices for consumers, you all think tariffs are a good idea? Why do you all want to pay more for your goods?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Why do you all want to pay more for your goods?

I did not say that ....

I just told you what Samsung has been doing to avoid tariffs and restrictions .....

I am more of a hands off, let the business fight it out ... minimal rules and regulations - NO Gov. Bailouts

let business rise and fall ...

specifically speaking: Chevy and Chrysler were not going anywhere ... all that was, was a UNION Bailout

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I typically opposed tariffs and am a free-trade proponent. Heck, 80% of my business comes from countries outside the US....to even include China. WTO bats many tariffs (and/or gummint to industry subsidies) down eventually too. But when it's a clear case of "dumping", sometimes there is no other recourse available to counteract that. I guess that's the premise for the tariff slapped on Chinese solar panels?

Chris0nllyn

I typically opposed tariffs and am a free-trade proponent. Heck, 80% of my business comes from countries outside the US....to even include China. WTO bats many tariffs (and/or gummint to industry subsidies) down eventually too. But when it's a clear case of "dumping", sometimes there is no other recourse available to counteract that. I guess that's the premise for the tariff slapped on Chinese solar panels?

Both the panels and washing machines. It was argued certain companies were dumping, but no proof was provided as far as I know. I have a feeling the WTO will say no to these tariffs, but who knows.

Outside of the 2 bankrupt companies that claimed damages from cheap panels, most everyone else in the solar industry realizes these tariffs are a bad hit to a booming industry.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Outside of the 2 bankrupt companies that claimed damages from cheap panels, most everyone else in the solar industry realizes these tariffs are a bad hit to a booming industry.

That seems to be the consensus. Which makes the action all the more puzzling. When I first head about it my immediate reactions was "Yeah??..because building solar panels in the US has worked out so well before....." ;-p

BOP

Do you two bother to read anything beyond the headline? Do you still not understand how Press Releases work in the Ego of Trump???

This factory is not new and it is not based on the tariffs.

http://www.morningstar.com/news/dow...s-solar-plant-a-week-after-trump-tariffs.html

https://therealdeal.com/miami/2018/...r-seeks-subsidies-to-operate-in-jacksonville/

Now before you two engage in your circle jerk of propagandist joy, the solar industry expects the tariffs to result in the loss of 23,000 US jobs.

I'ma need more Jheri curl over here.