Kirk Cousins' days are numbered

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Should be gone any day now. Burgundy & gold mired in mediocrity.

MiddleGround

I liken Kirk Cousins to Matthew Stafford. Both are above average quarterbacks stuck in a system that does nothing to really support them or put them in a position to win games.

GregV814

It looks like the redskins just hired another mediocre quarterback....oh well....I am wishing for .500 this upcoming season....

Grumpy

I liken Kirk Cousins to Matthew Stafford. Both are above average quarterbacks stuck in a system that does nothing to really support them or put them in a position to win games.

Cousins is Alex Smith (IMO), just 4 years younger. Hoping that Cousins gets to a team on the upswing, the crap here in DC is no fault of his own doing, it's just another f-up by ownership/management in a long line of stupid decisions.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

Throwing to Pierre Garcon or D Jackson will help you put up better numbers. Current batch of WRs can't stay healthy. Hard to build consistency from week to week with many moving parts.

The KC game from last season was a perfect example. If the WR holds on to the ball, the Skins win. QB can only throw the pass not catch it unless you are Mariota.

MiddleGround

Throwing to Pierre Garcon or D Jackson will help you put up better numbers. Current batch of WRs can't stay healthy. Hard to build consistency from week to week with many moving parts.

Like my example. The Lions have proven that to be incorrect. They have had several top quality wide receivers go through (and stay healthy) and yet they languish often at the bottom of the league win/loss totals.

There is a reason why New England is the power house that it is. And it is definitely not talent. Sure, they have Brady but... the rest of the team is often hodge podge. It is the team mentality and the leadership from the top down that makes championship teams.