Disrespect by our represantative

sloopy789

Did anyone see steny Hoyer stand or clap for anything the president said? It appears he would rather show his disrespect to our military, our first responders, our police and our flag by sitting on his hands. Whether your a democrat or republican you show respect. If you cant clap for our heroes its time for you to quit and go home.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Steny's behavior was disgusting. As it was for the rest of the Dems. They looked very bad last night.

glhs837

Power with Control
What struck me was the sheer hatred on display. I mean, fine you disagree, but you dont have to stare at the man as if you would gut him with a rusty butter knife. This look right here caught my eye.

180131004512-democrats-react-to-2018-sotu-large-169.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Did anyone see steny Hoyer stand or clap for anything the president said? It appears he would rather show his disrespect to our military, our first responders, our police and our flag by sitting on his hands. Whether your a democrat or republican you show respect. If you cant clap for our heroes its time for you to quit and go home.

Don't be silly. Steny doesn't represent D5 in Maryland and hasn't in well over a decade; he represents the Democrat Party, period. He does what Nancy Pelosi tells him to do, not what we tell him to do.

And yet we continue to elect him. :crazy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What struck me was the sheer hatred on display. I mean, fine you disagree, but you dont have to stare at the man as if you would gut him with a rusty butter knife. This look right here caught my eye.

View attachment 121324

Cory Booker always looks like that. Did you see his embarrassing tirade where he whipped out his Jersey on Kirstjen Nielsen?

stgislander

PREMO Member
Don't be silly. Steny doesn't represent D5 in Maryland and hasn't in well over a decade; he represents the Democrat Party, period. He does what Nancy Pelosi tells him to do, not what we tell him to do.

And yet we continue to elect him. :crazy:

In all honesty, Steny represents his base. Unfortunately StM and Cal is not included in his base anymore.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
In all honesty, Steny represents his base. Unfortunately StM and Cal is not included in his base anymore.

We were never Hoyer's base. We were included in MD 1st with the Eastern Shore until 1992, when Hoyer's district was redrawn to make a majority/minority district in Prince George's/Montgomery. That pushed Hoyer down to here with the majority of his district still in Prince George's. Hoyer was always a Prince George's Congressman.

That majority/minority redraw also pushed Tom McMillen out of Congress because most of his district in Anne Arundel was pushed into the new one which Al Wynn won. McMillen himself ran in the new 1st based on the Eastern Shore where Gilchrist beat him.

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member
We were never Hoyer's base. We were included in MD 1st with the Eastern Shore until 1992, when Hoyer's district was redrawn to make a majority/minority district in Prince George's/Montgomery. That pushed Hoyer down to here with the majority of his district still in Prince George's. Hoyer was always a Prince George's Congressman.

That majority/minority redraw also pushed Tom McMillen out of Congress because most of his district in Anne Arundel was pushed into the new one which Al Wynn won. McMillen himself ran in the new 1st based on the Eastern Shore where Gilchrist beat him.

Good point. I remember that. That's when Steny "moved" back to Mechanicsville.

luvmygdaughters

Their actions (Dems) last night were childish, selfish and disgusting!! Although, I must say, it looks better for those of us who truly do love America and our military, first responders, police dept. etc. I could see them not clapping for President Trump, but, when he mentioned those parties and the fact that we are all American and salute the same flag...well lets just say it shows their ignorance and I can only hope the end results will be at the polls on the next election!!

stgislander

PREMO Member
I wonder what they'd have done if Trump asked everyone in the chamber to stand and recite the Pledge of Allegiance with him?

DannyMotorcycle

I'm convinced there are two types of democrats... the ignorant.. and the evil. Republicans tell you to have faith in God, country, self. Democrats tell you not to believe in God but accept the islamic death cult (note: I would say that it's possible the majority of muslims may very well be nice people but misled { in islam these are facts: mohamad killed people and instructed his followers to ingest camel milk and urine and jesus is the messiah who raises the dead and creates life, the opposite of mohamad, that all can be found in inslam itself) but yes, democrats say to abandon religion unless it's the death cult responsible for terrorism, and convince you that the natural occurring process of creating life should be aborted, even when that life is formed enough to live on it's own or even feel pain. Even post birth infanticide. Their message is not to have faith in yourself, the child's future, or society, it's the message that stopping that life is okay, because you can't.. you can't be a good parent.. you can't have a good future..your child can't have a good future.. and then they harvest and sell the remains of that aborted life. They also want to disarm honest citizens including the more vulnerable.. why? Perhaps the secret evil agenda to allow more evil to flourish, undefended victims. They are the party of racism, from slavery, creating the KKK, gun laws in cities which disarm black victims and create more black citizens into criminals for victimless crimes of gun possession for their own self defense, and the majority of abortions are performed on people of color, with abortion facilities funded by rich white liberals placed in and near communities of color. It is the rich white liberal who is the true backstabbing fake friend enacting the evil genocide against people of color, and it is the white conservative who believes all people should have faith in God and the right to defend themselves and their families and everyone's right to life. the idiots literally wanted to elect president an old hag who literally defended and set free a violent rapist of a child. It's extremely difficult to imagine anyone lower than that. Now i'm not some biased republican, the old republicans (non tea party type) seem to be democrat lite, that second brand to fool consumers into believing they have product choice coming from the same distribution center, so of course i'm not saying vote blind republican, what i am saying is vote on people's track records and their positions.. and democrats i'm confident are minions of satan. There is no other logic for those who want to spare the lives of those who kill our heroes and make heroes of those who slaughter others. Liberalism is either an extreme mental disorder or simply pure evil. Their actions speak louder than words. Their actions, their positions, show you who they are. They are evil.

Last edited:

Blister

Unbridled Democrats running amok.

Unbelievably Gerrymandered Maryland_Congressional_Districts,_113th_Congress.jpg

Kinnakeet

ALL Democrats are fighting for their lives and Trump just keeps showing the AMERICAN people what they are about and that is votes to stay in office to live a life of luxory they all should be ashamed of themselves for putting illegals before the AMERICAN people who truly need help!

Chris0nllyn

I lost any respect for Steny when my family member reached out to him after getting the run-around from the Social Security Administration.

This person was told the SSA had sent them checks every month for over 30 years, but no checks ever made it to them. Opening a potential case of social security fraud by one of his constituents was not a priorty.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I lost any respect for Steny when my family member reached out to him after getting the run-around from the Social Security Administration.

This person was told the SSA had sent them checks every month for over 30 years, but no checks ever made it to them. Opening a potential case of social security fraud by one of his constituents was not a priorty.

I sent him a letter about a national issue a few years back, that was then under debate. Might have been the pending Barry Care vote. In any event, I received a nice letter back, thanking me for my input. Except the letter I got back related to an entirely unrelated issue. Some staffer pushed the wrong "send canned response" button.

Chris0nllyn

I sent him a letter about a national issue a few years back, that was then under debate. Might have been the pending Barry Care vote. In any event, I received a nice letter back, thanking me for my input. Except the letter I got back related to an entirely unrelated issue. Some staffer pushed the wrong "send canned response" button.

I'm certainly not saying Steny is alone in the "I don't actually help individual constituents" category, but I've yet to see anything that makes me want to vote for him.