How to Decide Which Immigrants to Allow In

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I have a few questions for my fellow Americans to consider.

How many Norwegians have illegally entered our nation, committed crimes, and burdened our prison and welfare systems? I might ask the same question about Finnish, Swedish, Welsh, Icelanders, Greenlanders, and New Zealanders.

The bulk of our immigration problem is with people who enter our country criminally from Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, Africa, and the Middle East. It’s illegal immigrants from those countries who have committed crimes and burdened our criminal justice and welfare systems.

[clip]

Today, Americans are taught multiculturalism throughout their primary, secondary, and college education. They are taught that one culture is no better or worse than another. To believe otherwise is criticized at best as Eurocentrism and at worst as racism.

As a result, some immigrant groups seek to bring to our country the cultural values whose failures have led to the poverty, corruption, and human rights violations in their home countries that caused them to flee.

As the fallout from Trump’s indelicate remarks demonstrates, too many Americans are afraid and unwilling to ask which immigrant groups have become a burden to our nation and which have made a contribution to the greatness of America.

glhs837

Power with Control
I have a few questions for my fellow Americans to consider.

How many Norwegians have illegally entered our nation, committed crimes, and burdened our prison and welfare systems? I might ask the same question about Finnish, Swedish, Welsh, Icelanders, Greenlanders, and New Zealanders.

The bulk of our immigration problem is with people who enter our country criminally from Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, Africa, and the Middle East. It’s illegal immigrants from those countries who have committed crimes and burdened our criminal justice and welfare systems.

[clip]

Today, Americans are taught multiculturalism throughout their primary, secondary, and college education. They are taught that one culture is no better or worse than another. To believe otherwise is criticized at best as Eurocentrism and at worst as racism.

As a result, some immigrant groups seek to bring to our country the cultural values whose failures have led to the poverty, corruption, and human rights violations in their home countries that caused them to flee.

As the fallout from Trump’s indelicate remarks demonstrates, too many Americans are afraid and unwilling to ask which immigrant groups have become a burden to our nation and which have made a contribution to the greatness of America.

Well, there's all the cases of SNAP and WIC fraud perpetrated by folks of a Euorpean or Australian origin.........oh, wait, I cant find any.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
To look out over the world wide landscape and notice the differences between nations then claim that those differences don't exist is disingenuous at best.

Some nations and cultures value their elderly more than others. Hygiene and sanitary conditions are not equal where ever you travel. Some countries require graft to get anything accomplished while other places you don't even have to lock your doors. Many religions dictate dietary requirements while other people enjoy those restricted foods.

Even in the US, in some neighborhoods disrespecting some people is their cue to cause someone bodily harm. Then you have the Minnesotans.

Back when I kept up on those things, I did some reading about the Navy boot camp battle station drill. Think of it as a final practical exam for new sailors. The observers, who see hundreds of recruits perform the same tasks, noticed a vast difference of how males tackled a problem when compared to females. Some of the drills were things like a simulated missile strike or a mass casualty. Males almost always tried to brute force things while the females almost always tried to finesse their way around obstacles. So even though they got the same training, based on physical differences, they tackled problems that were best suited for their individual attributes.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Simple process, really. Just have them fill out the appropriate forms and applications, get properly vetted, and then see if they are up to snuff. Then go through the legal process.

Easy peasy, immigrationly squeezy.

MiddleGround

My ideas:

Grant immigrants a 1 year pass into the USA. During this year, they will NOT be entitled to ANYTHING! Get a job, get into classes, gain your citizenship, etc. Take the bus to work. Public transportation needs a bump anyways.
These potential citizens will be issues an ID number by which taxes will be withdrawn.
Any crimes committed within that year (above a misdemeanor) is grounds for immediate forfeiture of assets to finance your immediate deportation.
If you are not within a certain span of attaining your citizenship within that year, please see previous.
Once citizenship is attained, then they will be allowed to file for a license, SSN, full rights as a citizen of the USA.

Bottom line is that we will be making these people EARN THEIR CITIZENSHIP! Not just handed to them on a silver platter.

DannyMotorcycle

I think you should be willing to burn a koran and shake a jews hand to come in.. if not you might be an effing terrorist.

also think you should be required to speak english fluently to get citizenship...okay well not english, american... sometimes i cant' understand actual english with the brits talking lol

SamSpade

What gets me is that the diversity immigration lottery works like this : whatever nations are on the lowest end for numbers into this country are allowed an extra chance with close to zero qualifications, simply because someone wants to "balance" it out.

You know what part of the world is the biggest winner? Europe. Twice as many as any other region.
Coming in second? Asia.
Third is Africa, with the remaining regions of the Americas and Oceania being almost inconsequential.

Number one winner? Iran.

Now, it more or less caps the number per year at 50,000 although it accepts twice that much,
because some don't make it through, despite its very meager screening process.
THAT is the weakness there - because of some obscure need to include diversity as a component,
MERIT is overlooked, even though it is vital for everyone else.
Requirements? High school diploma or two year's recent work experience. No sponsor required.
That's pretty much it.

You want a diversity lottery? Fine. Up the conditions. Make IT merit-based as well.
Take more applicants, but increase the requirements. Sh!thole or not, if you're a brain surgeon or rocket scientist,
go to the front of the line.