Dog is approved for unemployment benefits

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I bet he worked like a dog.

It’s not always easy to find work.Just ask Ryder - he was apparently laid off from his job at a restaurant chain in Michigan. So the state approved him for $360 per week in unemployment benefits.
Just one problem: He’s a German shepherd.

The Oakland County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to The Washington Post that someone named Michael Ryder filed a police report Wednesday claiming possible identity theft.
The letter from Michigan UIA stated that Michael Ryder had worked for Kruse and Muer, an upscale seafood restaurant chain in Michigan. He was approved for 20 weeks of unemployment benefits at $360 per week, it stated.

Clem72

Accept that didn't happen. A man named Michael Ryder had his identity stolen, and the thieves used a random address to apply for benefits in his name. Happens probably millions of times a year. This time there happened to be a dog at that address with the same name.

The application (and it was only an application, not approval) was not addressed to the dog or intended for the dog, and it was not approved in any case.

Ultimately, the claim was denied, and Michigan UIA said it is now investigating the incident.

GregV814

Oh, I accept it alright, except the story is misleading. Or is is Miss Leading...I had a teacher in elementary school named Miss Comfort...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
So a dog can easily get it, but my brother in Virginia who shattered his wrist (and now cannot work because of the pound of hardware inserted to hold it together and the long healing process) has been denied benefits FIVE times. UFB. :burning:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
So a dog can easily get it, but my brother in Virginia who shattered his wrist (and now cannot work because of the pound of hardware inserted to hold it together and the long healing process) has been denied benefits FIVE times. UFB. :burning:
tell him to go register to vote as a minority, transgender democrat and reapply.