Reminder: Please don't buy Flamethrowers for sale on the internet

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
February 2, 2018 - Due to the recent marketing of the internet sales of this item, State Fire Marshal Brian S. Geraci would like to remind Marylanders that possessing and using FLAMETHROWERS is illegal. Under Maryland Criminal Law Section 4-501 (b) (2) "Destructive device" includes a bomb, grenade, mine, shell, missile, FLAMETHROWER, poison gas, Molotov cocktail, pipe bomb and petroleum-soaked ammonium nitrate. A "destructive device" is defined as an explosive material, incendiary material, or toxic material that is combined with a delivery or detonating apparatus so as to be capable of inflicting injury to persons or damage to property.

A person may not knowingly manufacture, transport, possess, control, store, sell, distribute or use a destructive device in the State of Maryland. A person who violates this section of the law is guilty of a felony and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 25 years or a fine not exceeding $250,000 or both.

glhs837

Power with Control
February 2, 2018 - Due to the recent marketing of the internet sales of this item, State Fire Marshal Brian S. Geraci would like to remind Marylanders that possessing and using FLAMETHROWERS is illegal. Under Maryland Criminal Law Section 4-501 (b) (2) "Destructive device" includes a bomb, grenade, mine, shell, missile, FLAMETHROWER, poison gas, Molotov cocktail, pipe bomb and petroleum-soaked ammonium nitrate. A "destructive device" is defined as an explosive material, incendiary material, or toxic material that is combined with a delivery or detonating apparatus so as to be capable of inflicting injury to persons or damage to property.

A person may not knowingly manufacture, transport, possess, control, store, sell, distribute or use a destructive device in the State of Maryland. A person who violates this section of the law is guilty of a felony and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 25 years or a fine not exceeding $250,000 or both.

But since the MD definition of flamethrower presumably matches the Feds, and the Boring Company "flamethrower", being really a redesigned propane torch like you can find at any Lowes or Home Depot for clearing weeds, that particular unit should be fine, correct?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Just buy this legal hair dryer instead. Instant hand-held flame thrower. :yikes: :lol:

SPARTANBURG, S.C. (WILX) - Amazon has taken several hair care products off of its website after a woman says her hair dryer went up in flames.

Erika Shoolbred, the woman who bought the hair dryer posted a video on social media that shows it going up in smoke and flames.

The hair dryer was a salon grade hair dryer.

Shoolbred says as soon as she took the hair dryer out of the box and turned it on it turned into a blow torch.

She also says her hand was burned by the hair dryer.

She returned the hair dryer and Amazon gave Shoolbred her money back.

She is considering whether or no to sue the company that manufactured the hair dryer.

http://www.wilx.com/content/news/Hair-Dryer-goes-up-in-flames-472297493.html

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We could use a flamethrower to dry up the mud.

I'll toss one of the WP grenades out there and see if that helps.

You might wanna park a little farther away though..your "Employee of the Month" spot is sorta "ground zero" for the event....

BernieP

Resident PIA
Aqua-net and a Bic

haven't done that since I was a teen.

We also had these pump cans with kerosene that we used to burn weeds and brush. They aren't really a flame thrower. That requires napalm and device that shots the flaming napalm a good distance.

Damn Maryland takes the fun out of everything.

officeguy

haven't done that since I was a teen.

We also had these pump cans with kerosene that we used to burn weeds and brush. They aren't really a flame thrower. That requires napalm and device that shots the flaming napalm a good distance.

Damn Maryland takes the fun out of everything.

They are not illegal in 48 states. Only Maryland and California have fire-marshal rules against them. In Cali you can buy versions with a smaller nozzle that don't throw the flame further than 10ft, only MD makes them outright illegal.

GregV814

something is missing here.....I didn't see CNN, Joe and that blondie broad, the American left, etc...rail against these mass murder implements with all kinds of facts and figures about Republican lunatic Confederate flag waving rednecks fighting along with Trump to kill minorities. Therefore, these tools can't be that dangerous...