Wildewood Retirement area - or aka Wildewood Village

NewsJunky

Anyone know why the gate is taken down at the Wildewood Retirement village? Is the restaurant still open? Anyone have opinions or know anything about the village?

Thanks in advance

Bobwhite

Anyone know why the gate is taken down at the Wildewood Retirement village? Is the restaurant still open? Anyone have opinions or know anything about the village?

Thanks in advance

I live in Wildewood Village. The gate was taken down over a year ago as part of some cost savings actions when a new declarant took over. In my opinion, the gate was useless. It gave the illusion of security where there was none. There was never anyone stationed at the gate house and you could walk in from Wildewood Parkway. At one point there was a drive cut from Wildewood Parkway in order to get heavy equipment through to the area that was under construction.

Clubhouse restaurant is closed for business. I've been told that there will be a new restaurant opening up in the near future.

NewsJunky

I live in Wildewood Village. The gate was taken down over a year ago as part of some cost savings actions when a new declarant took over. In my opinion, the gate was useless. It gave the illusion of security where there was none. There was never anyone stationed at the gate house and you could walk in from Wildewood Parkway. At one point there was a drive cut from Wildewood Parkway in order to get heavy equipment through to the area that was under construction.

Clubhouse restaurant is closed for business. I've been told that there will be a new restaurant opening up in the near future.

Thank you so much for the info. We live on the other side of Wildewood - Neighborhood One. Thinking of moving into retirement type place in the next few years.... maybe in there since we've lived in Wildewood since 1993. I was wondering how much new construction they are planning, too. I think I would probably buy one of the older models. We are starting to look a little now, starting to plan.

Bobwhite

Thank you so much for the info. We live on the other side of Wildewood - Neighborhood One. Thinking of moving into retirement type place in the next few years.... maybe in there since we've lived in Wildewood since 1993. I was wondering how much new construction they are planning, too. I think I would probably buy one of the older models. We are starting to look a little now, starting to plan.

There are two areas: condominiums and villas. The condominium is a four-story apartment building. The villas are duplexes with a few single family dwellings. The new construction consists of duplexes, townhomes and single family dwellings.

Good luck with your search. I hope you'll become one of my neighbors.

Currently live in WW and have given some thought to moving into WW Village. Looked at the new duplexes. Nice, but BIG lack of parking. Garages on the new duplexes are pretty much useless for parking your vehicle. I'm also no akin to paying $300+ a month in HOA fees.

NewsJunky

There are two areas: condominiums and villas. The condominium is a four-story apartment building. The villas are duplexes with a few single family dwellings. The new construction consists of duplexes, townhomes and single family dwellings.

Good luck with your search. I hope you'll become one of my neighbors.

Thank you! Probably highly likely. It really would fit our needs.

NewsJunky

Currently live in WW and have given some thought to moving into WW Village. Looked at the new duplexes. Nice, but BIG lack of parking. Garages on the new duplexes are pretty much useless for parking your vehicle. I'm also no akin to paying $300+ a month in HOA fees.

I noticed the lack of parking on the new construction. I wish Stanley Martin wouldn't ruin everything they touch in Wildewood. They have to cram so much into every little space. Greedy.

NewsJunky

I noticed the lack of parking on the new construction. I wish Stanley Martin wouldn't ruin everything they touch in Wildewood. They have to cram so much into every little space. Greedy.

Not to mention ripping out every tree they can. A little privacy would be nice around the homes...... like trees!!

BernieP

Resident PIA

Stanley Martin took full advantage of the law and jammed it up the arse of the people who lived here.
Take for example THE POOL. We had deeded membership certificates that became worthless.
New HOA rules under WCA.
Plus the raping of the land

pilot

Stanley Martin took full advantage of the law and jammed it up the arse of the people who lived here.
Take for example THE POOL. We had deeded membership certificates that became worthless.
New HOA rules under WCA.

What happened with the deeded membership certificates? I remember buying one when we lived in Wildewood. Why are they worthless now?

NewsJunky

New HOA rules under WCA.

That's awful about the pool certificates. I didn't realize they had done that. Stanley Martin doesn't give a rats arse about anything but the dollar.
Raping the land.... that's exactly what they have done. They jammed those rental townhouses in the little wooded area by Sugar Maple. Ripped every tree they could out of there.

They need another way out of Wildewood, too - down by the elementary school. Does anyone know if they are planning that? Stanley Martin should pay for that.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
They need another way out of Wildewood, too - down by the elementary school. Does anyone know if they are planning that? Stanley Martin should pay for that.

I thought that was already completed. Lawrence Hayden Road.

NewsJunky

I thought that was already completed. Lawrence Hayden Road.

It seems everyone comes back down to Wildewood Blvd to get out. Is that road (Lawrence Hayden) really available for traffic out of Wildewood?
I know Smoke Hill is another exit - it takes you out to Airport Road.

WW rear access

It seems everyone comes back down to Wildewood Blvd to get out. Is that road (Lawrence Hayden) really available for traffic out of Wildewood?
I know Smoke Hill is another exit - it takes you out to Airport Road.

Primivera Street, in the "newer" section of WW leads down to Lawrence Hayden. That egress point wasn't built until after the big natural gas leak a few years ago. No one, including the kids in the new school, could get in or out of WW past the swimming pool during the emergency. Some of the county commissioners had a fit that there was no other way to get in or out. Not sure why THEY didn't know. I'm sure the county Dept of Planning and Zoning knew, but approved the continuous building-out of that area. Of course the new homeowners back there had a fit that a through road was put in and demanded that those damn speed humps be put in! Funny how those same people who cried about people possibly speeding through their neighborhoods, drive 40-50MPH down WW Parkway. Going out Lawrence Hayden will take you out to Airport View Drive or St. John's Road.

I understand that those new apartments close to Sugar Maple were built on a parcel that was carved out of WW many years ago. From what I was told, the new duplexes in The Village are now under a different owner/developer; not sure though.

The thing people need to be aware of is that there are still many lots that can be built on in WW!

BernieP

Resident PIA
What happened with the deeded membership certificates? I remember buying one when we lived in Wildewood. Why are they worthless now?

It became worthless when Stanley Martin took over the WCA. Apparently they weren't bound by those "certificates".
What I have seen with other developers and HOAs is that they control the HOA until something like 90 percent of the units are sold. Oh they let you vote for officers, but when it comes to changing the by laws, they don't need the owners to vote because they carry a majority

BernieP

Resident PIA
The thing people need to be aware of is that there are still many lots that can be built on in WW!

I think that was the case. Stanley Martin got a steal. It's cheaper to put up high density units than single family homes. Wettengale did not build to the density he was approved for.
So not only did he leave untouched areas (lots) he left an even larger number of units to be built.
That's why most of the units Stanley Martin has built have been townhouses, condos, duplexs and zero plot line homes.

I'm not sure how much more land they have that can be developed, but whatever is left will be high density. Small or no yards.