Caught you, Walmart...

Goldenhawk

I think I caught you, Walmart.... selectively blocking Amazon on your WiFi network. Which is especially frustrating because at the back of the store there's no LTE/4G reception.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I think I caught you, Walmart.... selectively blocking Amazon on your WiFi network. Which is especially frustrating because at the back of the store there's no LTE/4G reception.

try using the Wifi in Target for anything other than shopping at Target.com

DannyMotorcycle

sounds like walmart caught you, trying to use their wifi that they pay for and provide for you, trying to use it to visit their competitors...

sounds like a good idea for them to block it

glhs837

Power with Control
"Whaddya mean, Mr Car Dealer, you wont let me use your desk phone to call Mr Competing Car Dealer? WTH, Man?"

Does that put it into perspective?

PeoplesElbow

What would be dirty (and awesome at the same time) would be if they intercepted the traffic and showed you higher prices.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Just use your 4Glte connection at the front of the store then. Turn your wireless function off while in Walmart, or any other place where WiFi is free. Everything you do is tracked on a "free" wifi network anyway. Everything.

Goldenhawk

So... it's not valid to use Amazon's amazing rating system to decide which of several competing products I want NOW and don't want to wait for Amazon to ship to me. Got it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I used to do this ...

looking at books in Borders, sticking them in my Amazon Cart for later .... but I would still walk out with $ 150 of magazines :dead:

So... it's not valid to use Amazon's amazing rating system to decide which of several competing products I want NOW and don't want to wait for Amazon to ship to me. Got it.

Statistically if you truly are a BUY NOW customer you will select from the stock available on hand regardless of ability to check online reviews. If you walk away because you can't check pricing and ratings online then you will most likely walk away if you don't like the online comparison of pricing and ratings to what they have on the shelf.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Them dirty magazines we're expensive back in the day.

:lmao:

Hot Rod
Car Craft
Mopar mag
Pontiac Mag
Shot Gun News
Maximum PC
CPU
Hemming's - Classic Car / Muscle Machines / Sports and Exotic Cars
Fast Fords and Muscle Cars

Starman

Nothing wrong with that at all. Just like there’s nothing wrong with Wal-Mart running their free service they provide to you as they see fit.

Did you read the full Terms of Service before you connected?

Goldenhawk

Statistically if you truly are a BUY NOW customer you will select from the stock available on hand regardless of ability to check online reviews. If you walk away because you can't check pricing and ratings online then you will most likely walk away if you don't like the online comparison of pricing and ratings to what they have on the shelf.
I routinely use Amazon's ratings to decide between the various options available in-store, in many different stores. Amazon's pricing isn't always better, and the two day delay can be problematic for some things. I never said I walked away - it's just extremely annoying to not have the ability to make the best choice with proper data. That alone will make me less likely to shop at Walmart.

steppinthrax

You don't realize how much competition retail stores have to deal with Sears, Kmart, Best Buy, The Bon Ton etc, are all in financial trouble. JCPenneys is not doing very well. They say BB is Amazon's show floor, this is pretty f-ed up. You walk into a BB and price match everything from amazon 20 - 35% less than they buy from there, leave the store.

I don't blame them though, how the hell can you complete with online prices. I was in Walmart just a few days ago and saw the Schwinn Thrasher helmet for $29.90 while on ebay (NEW) is was 11.99.

During Christmas I got two Anker powercell 10500 of ebay, each one between 15 - 20 cheaper than what Walmart had them for.

Later I bought a external camera flash from Walmart to find that Ebay had id 35 dollars cheaper.

In the near future you are going to see cubic miles of open fields and very little retail space.

steppinthrax

The only advantage of Walmart/BB or some other brick and mortar store is the fact that you can return your money almost immediately. You can also touch/feel. But other than that I see no other advantage. Amazon's shipping is very fast (almost next day).

I don't blame people for trying to find something cheaper, that should have nothing to do with BUY NOW. I'm a BUY NOW when I want to get a high end electronic item, but I compare my prices everywhere before pulling the trigger.