Governor Hogan’s popularity soars......

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
https://patch.com/maryland/annapolis/gov-hogans-popularity-soars-maryland-voters-poll

A January 2018 survey by Gonzales Media and Research Services showed Hogan's approval rating at about 71 percent among likely voters in 2018, which is among the highest of Hogan's term in office, says The Washington Post. Hogan has double-digit leads in the Gonzales poll compared with the top three potential Democratic challengers: Prince George's County Executive Rushern L. Baker III, Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz and former NAACP president Ben Jealous

Starman

I reckoned he was done when he spoke ill of the Trump. Many swore him off as soon as he spoke poorly of the Trump.

But much like the NFL boycotters watched the Super Bowl, time heals all wounds.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I reckoned he was done when he spoke ill of the Trump. Many swore him off as soon as he spoke poorly of the Trump.

A lot of people spoke poorly of Trump. Then he got elected and is the President of the United States.
I spoke poorly of Obama. Then he got elected......didn't sit and whine about it, didn't protest, didn't need to go to a safe space.

Hogan is making Maryland great again. Thats his job. He's not running around like all the Dem AG's and Governors suing Trump for this and that.

glhs837

Power with Control

You mean like all the celebrities who swore to leave the country is Trump got elected? There's things I disagree with Gov Hogan on, but I see him as lightyears better than a self serving politician like Gov Owe'Malley who's only apparent purpose during his time in office was to ram through as much as he could to polish his progressive resume for his Presidential Run. Rain taxes, higher fines and fee's, increased regulation, passing off costs to counties the state had traditionally covered. All in a failed attempt to make himself look attractive to the national liberal voter base.

When the legislature overrides him, he puts out his side, then gets back to work doing what he can. He doesn't spend a lot of time whining about what he can't get done, but moves on to what he can get done. That counts for a lot for voters of both stripes.

Starman

You mean like all the celebrities who swore to leave the country is Trump got elected? There's things I disagree with Gov Hogan on, but I see him as lightyears better than a self serving politician like Gov Owe'Malley who's only apparent purpose during his time in office was to ram through as much as he could to polish his progressive resume for his Presidential Run. Rain taxes, higher fines and fee's, increased regulation, passing off costs to counties the state had traditionally covered. All in a failed attempt to make himself look attractive to the national liberal voter base.

When the legislature overrides him, he puts out his side, then gets back to work doing what he can. He doesn't spend a lot of time whining about what he can't get done, but moves on to what he can get done. That counts for a lot for voters of both stripes.

Yea, don’t misunderstand: I’m a fan of Hogan.

Kinnakeet

NOW TRY TO PASS OUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS OR AT LEAST SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS IN A SPEECH THIS COMMUNIST STATE OF md HAS TO CHANGE AT SOME POINT AND REMEMBER THAT DEMOCRAT IS TRULY A SICKNESS.

glhs837

Power with Control
NOW TRY TO PASS OUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS OR AT LEAST SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS IN A SPEECH THIS COMMUNIST STATE OF md HAS TO CHANGE AT SOME POINT AND REMEMBER THAT DEMOCRAT IS TRULY A SICKNESS.

This goes back to Gov Hogan being a realist about what he can and cannot get done, Given the Mikes chokehold on what gets considered legislatively, he cant sign into law things that never make it to the floor for a vote . SO he's stuck signing or vetoing what they send him. You get a good 2nd amendment bill to him, I think he would sign it. So, what would you think he should offer the MD congressional Dems to get you some 2nd amendment love? Sanctuary State Status?

stgislander

PREMO Member
Gov Hogan will be on T-Bone and Heather tomorrow morning. Should be an interesting interview.

Kinnakeet

This goes back to Gov Hogan being a realist about what he can and cannot get done, Given the Mikes chokehold on what gets considered legislatively, he cant sign into law things that never make it to the floor for a vote . SO he's stuck signing or vetoing what they send him. You get a good 2nd amendment bill to him, I think he would sign it. So, what would you think he should offer the MD congressional Dems to get you some 2nd amendment love? Sanctuary State Sta

The 2nd amendment allows us to carry how can the communist state of MD tell us other wise I guess I will have to wait 7 more years to I retire and move from this democrat run state and its high taxes.:patriot:

glhs837

Power with Control
This goes back to Gov Hogan being a realist about what he can and cannot get done, Given the Mikes chokehold on what gets considered legislatively, he cant sign into law things that never make it to the floor for a vote . SO he's stuck signing or vetoing what they send him. You get a good 2nd amendment bill to him, I think he would sign it. So, what would you think he should offer the MD congressional Dems to get you some 2nd amendment love? Sanctuary State Sta

The 2nd amendment allows us to carry how can the communist state of MD tell us other wise I guess I will have to wait 7 more years to I retire and move from this democrat run state and its high taxes.:patriot:

Not disagreeing with you about the 2nd. But as noted, the Gov can only sign legislation that makes it to his desk. So, I ask again, what liberal payoff would you like him to offer? Becuase there's no other way to get them to let it happen.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Not disagreeing with you about the 2nd. But as noted, the Gov can only sign legislation that makes it to his desk. So, I ask again, what liberal payoff would you like him to offer? Becuase there's no other way to get them to let it happen.

I would think that because the Dems have the numbers to override any Hogan veto, there's zippy that Hogan can use to bargain with.

Kinnakeet

Ok now I get the picture...hopefully the dems will get voted out this time around since they have not did didly squat for what seems like forever.

glhs837

Power with Control
Ok now I get the picture...hopefully the dems will get voted out this time around since they have not did didly squat for what seems like forever.

Hmmm, given the gerrymandered nature of districts, until the Supremes strike down more of those it's pretty hard. Heck, I just saw where one of the State Senators did a hatchet job on the HPRB, basically saying they suck they are amateur's bought and paid for by the NRA, they basically bypass every permit denial the State Police make, and keep no records to show how they decide to do that. All BS of course, but his voters will lap that up and vote for him to save them from the scary guns. Never mind that his voters are not threatened by legal gun owners, but hey, facts, who needs em?

Also saw that 60 Minutes did a big piece on guns, and filmed a bit with a group of ladies who carry and train others to, but oddly enough, that part didn't make the hit piece. Let me see your shocked face :)

ltown81

Hogan is one of the best politicians I have ever seen to do well in Maryland. I am shocked the dems have not resorted to saying because he had cancer he is weak or something...because that is really how bad their game is. Right now he is in the same place Chris Christie was 4 years ago...hugely popular and about to win a 2nd term in a democratic state.

The said his biggest worries the next two years will be...
- Survive the biggest attack he has ever seen from the Dems. They underestimated him last time around...not so much now. Better hope no skeletons in the closet
- Not get cocky. Do what he has been...play to basic citizen needs, not controversial issues.
- Not get caught up in a bidgegate mess.
- Deciding if running against Trump (if he is up for reelection is worth it). It will be hard because IF Trump runs again, his presence on the ballot will motivate the democratic base in a way I think even Obama could not.