Kim Jong-un to have YUGE show of force military parade…I mean Trump

Starman

I’m sure our military would be happy to goose step and put on a dog and pony show for ol “five-count-em-five deferrments” Donnie.

Hell, let’s just excavate the C&O and float a few carriers by while we are at it.

Sapidus

Dictator Bone Spurs needs daily pats on the back , parades and accolades or he won't get out of bed.

So sad.

And yet people defend it.

Can you imagine of Obama asked for a parade to be thrown to boost his ego?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Dictator Bone Spurs needs daily pats on the back , parades and accolades or he won't get out of bed.

Really

Detail how Trump is a Dictator ....

[btw are you the fluffer standing beside to get all this inside trump information]

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm not sure if this is just another ploy to pull the chains of the left, or if he's for real. I think it's a pretty dumb idea. This is not what we do. We show our force on the battlefield, not in our streets in a parade. While Gen Mattis is screaming to get a budget passed so our troops in the field can be well-fortified, Trump wants to parade them around as some sort of play toy; which I would remind folks that this would cost a lot of money, and pull troops out of pocket from training and conducting their everyday jobs. You want to honor our troops? Give them what they need to win, and give them the strategy to win.

Starman

I'm not sure if this is just another ploy to pull the chains of the left, or if he's for real. I think it's a pretty dumb idea. This is not what we do. We show our force on the battlefield, not in our streets in a parade. While Gen Mattis is screaming to get a budget passed so our troops in the field can be well-fortified, Trump wants to parade them around as some sort of play toy; which I would remind folks that this would cost a lot of money, and pull troops out of pocket from training and conducting their everyday jobs. You want to honor our troops? Give them what they need to win, and give them the strategy to win.

But he saw them do it in France and it was nice. You don’t want to deny him nice things, do you?

MiddleGround

They have specific parts of each branch of the military that are assigned to do nothing but ceremonies, recruitment efforts (Blue Angels, etc.) and these types of things. If he limited the "parade" to these personnel then I say Great!

Beyond that, you are correct. It is a waste of time and money.

Clem72

Naaa Man Lets roll Humvees, M-1 Tanks, Bradley Fighting Vehicles and Pershing II Missile launchers down Penn Ave

Why not, can't possibly make the traffic any worse than it is. At least you will have something to look at during the gridlock commute.

PsyOps

Pixelated
They have specific parts of each branch of the military that are assigned to do nothing but ceremonies, recruitment efforts (Blue Angels, etc.) and these types of things. If he limited the "parade" to these personnel then I say Great!

Beyond that, you are correct. It is a waste of time and money.

Typically known as the Honor Guard. It's a secondary voluntary task; it's not their full-time job. So, they would still be pulled form their routine work to practice then parade. It's just not something we've ever felt a need to do to display our military power. We've always reserved that for the battlefield.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Typically known as the Honor Guard. It's a secondary voluntary task; it's not their full-time job. So, they would still be pulled form their routine work to practice then parade. It's just not something we've ever felt a need to do to display our military power. We've always reserved that for the battlefield.
Seriously, it used to be regular up until Vietnam and even returned in 1991 after Gulf War I. Usually reserved for holidays or ends of conflicts, but it is something that was done.

PeoplesElbow

What about the bands? I knew someone who was drafted for Vietnam and the next day he decided to try out for the Army band and made it, kept him out of Vietnam.

black dog

Free America

So sad.

And yet people defend it.

Can you imagine of Obama asked for a parade to be thrown to boost his ego?

I'm guessing you have never been to Fort Bragg for a Airborne Review then... The doggies put on a pretty good show even during the obama administration.