Pelosi, Dreamers, Relection

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
House Democratic lawmakers are reportedly enraged at House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's decision to give an unprecedented eight-hour speech on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday, saying that she hurt many of her Democratic colleagues who are running in 2018.

Pelosi vowed to stand and speak until Republicans gave in to her demands to protect illegal aliens who were brought to the United States by their parents as minors. However, Pelosi's speech appears to have deepened the fracture in the Democratic Party over the issue of immigration.

Politico interviewed almost a dozen House Democrats, several of whom only spoke on condition on anonymity so they could give honest responses about their opinion of Pelosi's stunt. Many agreed that she was trying to "shore up support with the progressive base" who feel Democrats have failed to do enough to protect Dreamers. "By agreeing to the spending caps deal, [Rep. Luis Gutiérrez (D-IL)] and others argued, Democrats gave up all their leverage to force Republicans into serious negotiations to shield Dreamers from deportation," Politico explains.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/26892/backlash-heres-what-democrats-are-saying-about-ryan-saavedra

Another House Democrat told Bloomberg "Many of our members are furious. We have spent the last three weeks insisting that we don't want to shut the government down over DACA, and she essentially made the whole thing about it. Virtually everyone trying to win seats outside of California feels she has hurt their chances."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If they really feel that way, they should remove her as House leader.

I will not be holding my breath.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

yeah no balls for that ....

but Please Nancy, keep up the Good Work

keep spouting Trump Sucks and Dreamers have a right to be in the US

This_person

I was thinking the exact same thing. Every bit of her power, unless it is based on extortion, is only perceived. She only holds power if they perceive she does.

They need to try not being so afraid that they can't offer up their own opinions without hiding behind anonymity. They're representing tens of thousands of people, and can't say what they think?

glhs837

Power with Control

Politico interviewed almost a dozen House Democrats

Yep.

California is the most populous U.S. state and as a result has the most representation in the United States House of Representatives, with 53 Representatives. Each Representative represents one congressional district.

Pretty sure that a dozen "flyover state" Reps aint budging that needle a bit.

Hijinx

I doubt she hurt anyone.
I haven't seen any news on this except that she ran her mouth for 8 hours.
Did anyone here see any of it?

I watched pieces of it on utube and it sounded like the ramblings of a dementia patient.
Which is what it was. Thank God I didn't have to sit there for 8 hrs. and listen to it.