PAX River Air Show Cancellation

Warren76

:mad:

I'm glad I've called the PAX River operator last Saturday (Spet. 28) afternoon before my son and traveled to view the Air Show. The operator informed me that the air show was cancelled due to costs required for implementing enhanced security.

My point in creating this thread is that before I called the operator, I viewed the NAWCAD website.
But, there were no links regarding the air show or its cancellation? Hmmm...did PAX River's cognizant web administrators/managers drop the ball? Apparently, they did. I can only imagine the frustration and inconvenience folks experiences who have made travel arrangements to visit PAX River for the event, only to find out upon their arrival at the base gate(s) that the show was cancelled!

MDindef

Actually, it was cancelled several months back, and they ran ads in the local papers and the base paper, as well as the base web site for two weeks or so. I remember I was bummed out about it. Maybe they thought the notices had outlived their usefulness. I'm pretty sure they ran them for over two weeks, and there were also news articles on the radio. I think in this case the PAO did okay.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by Warren76
:mad: I viewed the NAWCAD website.
But, there were no links regarding the air show or its cancellation? Hmmm...did PAX River's cognizant web administrators/managers drop the ball?

If there were no links to an air show, why would you assume that they were holding this event? It's not like Church, where you know there's at least one show each Sunday. This thing was cancelled months ago. Why would they have a link to something that doesn't exist, and was cancelled in January or February? On their web site, are they supposed to advertise the fact that something they never advertised isn't going to happen?

Obviously, no one dropped any ball. I disagree with you trying to blame someone for this. But, I agree that it is a disappointment that there wasn't an air show. But then, the air show isn't the same without the Blue Angels, and they're on a 2 year rotation.