Trump blocks Dem Memo

Sapidus

As usual hypocrisy is rife in the White House.

Despite the protests of the FBI Trump allowed the Nunes memo to be released but is blocking the democratic response.

Although many people clampers for the release of Nunes’s memo I hear crickets about our right to know what’s going on and that this one should be released.

“A former lawyer in the George W. Bush White House on Friday criticized President Trump's decision to block the release of a memo drafted by Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee.

Jamil Jaffer, who in the past served as senior counsel to the House Intelligence Committee and also as a former law clerk for Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch, said Trump's move was a "massive strategic miscalculation."

"The White House's failure to declassify the House Intelligence Committee minority memo - particularly in the face of unanimous bipartisan vote by the committee - represents a massive strategic miscalculation," Jaffer said, according to Politico.”

"Even worse," Jaffer continued, "This unforced error undermines the PResident's own ability to make the case about alleged failures in the intelligence collection process and, as such, is yet another example of this White House being its own worst enemy."

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-trumps-memo-decision-was-a-massive-strategic

Starman

My guess is that the memo was presented knowingly with a few national security things that can't be released specifically so that it would be denied and then Trump could be blamed for having something to hide. Just keep the obfuscation going.

If there's anything there (there likely won't be, just like the Nunes nothingburger), I trust they'll leak it.

Hijinx

My guess is that the memo was presented knowingly with a few national security things that can't be released specifically so that it would be denied and then Trump could be blamed for having something to hide. Just keep the obfuscation going.

If there's anything there (there likely won't be, just like the Nunes nothingburger), I trust they'll leak it.

As was said before the subject came up. Another nefarious Democrat scheme.
But Americans are starting to catch on to them.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Hmmm...

Attachments

• memo01.jpg
    memo01.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 271

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
The Dems are just trying to make Trump look bad.....stated he’ll release it after some changes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's shocking to me how many Americans are ":yawn: Ho hum..." about the political corruption of our federal law enforcement. I'd think that liberals - real ones, not those mindless prog things - would be outraged by this and busting up the place. It never occurred to me that they would have that much loyalty to the Party.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Actually the President did not block the release. IAW House Rule X, clause 11, para g(2)(B) the President is to "personally and in writing" block the release. The letter blocking the release came from a staffer/lawyer and not the President.
clause 11 said:
(B) The select committee may disclose publicly such information after the expiration of a five-day period following the day on which notice of the vote to disclose is transmitted to the President unless, before the expiration of the five-day period, the President, personally in writing, notifies the select committee that the President objects to the disclosure of such information, provides reasons therefor, and certifies that the threat to the national interest of the United States posed by the disclosure is of such gravity that it outweighs any public interest in the disclosure.

Midnightrider

Actually the President did not block the release. IAW House Rule X, clause 11, para g(2)(B) the President is to "personally and in writing" block the release. The letter blocking the release came from a staffer/lawyer and not the President.
So when will it be released?

This is a bunch of hypocrisy from the CIC. If the dem memo is lies then there is nothing to worry about and releasing it would make them look just as bad as Nunes. If it has classified information that can’t be redacted then you have to believe some of that is incriminating

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
. If it has classified information that can’t be redacted then you have to believe some of that is incriminating

You might have to believe that...but that's what you progbots do, so...

If there was anything new or different that incriminated more than just the FBI folks so far....it would have been leaked already.

Ken King

PREMO Member

This is a bunch of hypocrisy from the CIC. If the dem memo is lies then there is nothing to worry about and releasing it would make them look just as bad as Nunes. If it has classified information that can’t be redacted then you have to believe some of that is incriminating

Ask Schiff. Unless of course he never intended on its release and only wanted the histrionics of proclaiming Trump as a hypocrite.

Hijinx

Ask Schiff. Unless of course he never intended on its release and only wanted the histrionics of proclaiming Trump as a hypocrite.

he never intended on its release and only wanted the histrionics of proclaiming Trump as a hypocrite.[/QUOTE]

Midnightrider

Or maybe that is hair splitting. While the president should have signed it personally I don’t know that his lawyer conveying that message invalidates it. Besides, Schiff probably can’t release anything on his own

Ken King

PREMO Member
Or maybe that is hair splitting. While the president should have signed it personally I don’t know that his lawyer conveying that message invalidates it. Besides, Schiff probably can’t release anything on his own

The Intel Committee already voted to release it, right? It was sent to the President so that he had a chance to express his objections, he didn't, his staff and DOJ did but not the President. So per the rules of the House it can be released the day after the 5-day waiting period expires. So that would be tomorrow. Will they do it? Don't know but the ball is certainly in their hands.

And it isn't hair splitting when the rules specifically say that the President must "personally" object to the release and do so in writing.

PsyOps

Pixelated
If it has classified information that can’t be redacted then you have to believe some of that is incriminating

So your interpretation of classified information isn't of a national security factor, it's something that can't be released because it would incriminate the president?

I think you don't have a clue why things are classified. Allow me to help you... what cannot be released: sources and methods. In other words, names of people whose lives might be negatively impacted if released. Methods are the mechanics of how our government might gather and protect information. These things have ZERO to do with something incriminating. Keep in mind, that if there was something factually incriminating, the DOJ and FBI would know about it and charges would follow.

I know you like to make things up because it fits your loathing for Trump, but you cannot wish Trump to go away with these fantasies.

BOP

If it's lies, libprogs like you will lap it up like Tide pods.

Midnightrider

So your interpretation of classified information isn't of a national security factor, it's something that can't be released because it would incriminate the president?

I think you don't have a clue why things are classified. Allow me to help you... what cannot be released: sources and methods. In other words, names of people whose lives might be negatively impacted if released. Methods are the mechanics of how our government might gather and protect information. These things have ZERO to do with something incriminating. Keep in mind, that if there was something factually incriminating, the DOJ and FBI would know about it and charges would follow.

I know you like to make things up because it fits your loathing for Trump, but you cannot wish Trump to go away with these fantasies.

The DOJ and fbi said the last memo had similarly classified information, it was released anyway, and it didn’t.

Maybe you are happy being spoonfed one side of the story but not me.
Let’s see it all

Midnightrider

The Intel Committee already voted to release it, right? It was sent to the President so that he had a chance to express his objections, he didn't, his staff and DOJ did but not the President. So per the rules of the House it can be released the day after the 5-day waiting period expires. So that would be tomorrow. Will they do it? Don't know but the ball is certainly in their hands.

And it isn't hair splitting when the rules specifically say that the President must "personally" object to the release and do so in writing.
If that is the case wouldn’t it be nunes’ duty To release the memo to the public?