Libprogs: violence is the ultimate answer

BOP

They only decry violence (including war) when it wasn't their idea.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/paul-holds-budget-vote-bette-midler-jokes-finding-neighbor/

As Senate Republicans rushed headlong to become a pale imitation of the Democratic Party with a budget vote only a foreign lender could love, Rand Paul decided to take a stand.

The Kentucky senator held up the vote, prompting the usual unwarranted media concern about a shutdown. Despite the nation's history of surviving government shutdowns quite nicely, a panic tends to set in at the merest hint of one, especially among liberals.

This panic prompted Bette Midler to take to Twitter and offer this hot take on Paul's actions:

[TWITTER]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Where’s Rand Paul’s neighbor when we need him?</p>&mdash; Bette Midler (@BetteMidler) <a href="https://twitter.com/BetteMidler/status/961800320014737408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 9, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWITTER]

[TWITTER]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lots of lawmakers pissed at <a href="https://twitter.com/RandPaul?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RandPaul</a> right now for holding this budget deal up. &quot;Someone needs to fly his neighbor up here,&quot; says one</p>&mdash; Scott Wong (@scottwongDC) <a href="https://twitter.com/scottwongDC/status/961772185789632514?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 9, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWITTER]

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So much for "Love trumps hate."

One of the things I like about Twitter is that I can give direct feedback to the Bette Midlers. What I'd really like is to sit down with her and learn why she thinks remarks like this are okay.

BOP

So much for "Love trumps hate."

One of the things I like about Twitter is that I can give direct feedback to the Bette Midlers. What I'd really like is to sit down with her and punch her between the running lights.

Mo' better?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mo' better?

Nope. I'm genuinely interested in zealotry and mindless Party loyalty. I keep referring back to the "two-minutes hate" from Nineteen-Eighty-Four, because I am reminded of it almost every day. This particular passage:

The horrible thing about the Two Minutes Hate was not that one was obliged to act a part, but that it was impossible to avoid joining in. Within thirty seconds any pretence was always unnecessary. A hideous ecstasy of fear and vindictiveness, a desire to kill, to torture, to smash faces in with a sledge hammer, seemed to flow through the whole group of people like an electric current, turning one even against one's will into a grimacing, screaming lunatic. And yet the rage that one felt was an abstract, undirected emotion which could be switched from one object to another like the flame of a blowlamp.

We are seeing that happen right now, in real life. It's fascinating. Orwell was a profound sociologist.

transporter

Nope. I'm genuinely interested in zealotry and mindless Party loyalty. .

Which is different from your mindless loyalty to Trump how?

This is the biggest kick I get out of reading the posts of the ignorati on here every day. The right wing nutjobs who complain about "progbot" and liberal "mindless party loyalty...there is no difference between you far right people and the far left people...none at all. You both are completely brainwashed and both generally completely wrong.

You are one of the prime examples...you essentially based your vote for Trump solely on the fact that you read Trump's book about himself. You looked at no further, despite the plethora of information that clearly told us how unfit this man was to be President. Despite the obvious and provable lies this man told you during his entire campaign, you believed everything he said and you still do. You look at no information, no source, other than those that confirm your blind loyalty to a man who has no business whatsoever being President (and who proves each and every day that he has no business being President of the United States.)

BOP

This is the biggest kick I get out of reading the posts of the ignorati on here every day. The right wing nutjobs who complain about "progbot" and liberal "mindless party loyalty...there is no difference between you far right people and the far left people...none at all. You both are completely brainwashed and both generally completely wrong.

You are one of the prime examples...you essentially based your vote for Trump solely on the fact that you read Trump's book about himself. You looked at no further, despite the plethora of information that clearly told us how unfit this man was to be President. Despite the obvious and provable lies this man told you during his entire campaign, you believed everything he said and you still do. You look at no information, no source, other than those that confirm your blind loyalty to a man who has no business whatsoever being President (and who proves each and every day that he has no business being President of the United States.)

You need to back away from the Tide pods, spanky.

Hijinx

You keep saying you voted for a Republican. Which one of those a-holes did you vote for.?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

NOTHING Mindless about it ...... Trump steps on his dick enough without you people making shi t up

Comment on What REALLY Happened, not what slight was IMAGINED by the Haters .... :cds: Trump Tweeted

and while you are at it, recognize 1/2 the country LOVES the Honesty and shut the #### up about Trump Tweeting

Hijinx

NOTHING Mindless about it ...... Trump steps on his dick enough without you people making shi t up

Comment on What REALLY Happened, not what slight was IMAGINED by the Haters .... :cds: Trump Tweeted

and while you are at it, recognize 1/2 the country LOVES the Honesty and shut the #### up about Trump Tweeting

Amen.