A failing third party ...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
There is understatement...and then there is this...

The Maryland Libertarian Party is already a fringe element in Maryland politics. They tend not to poll well during elections .....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Makes you wonder why the thread was named "failing third party".

Because it is failing. Read the story and look at the candidates they're putting up.

If the Libertarian Party wants to make a showing, they're going to have to get their #### together, grow up, and behave like serious adults instead of frat boys whose only issue is legalizing the dope they want to smoke. They do not say how old Mr. Vohra is, but from his comments I'd guess 15 or so.

glhs837

Power with Control

So, if your party is going to put up people like this......

My “crimes” so far include failing to sufficiently worship those who carry out the foreign and educational policies I find ineffective and morally abhorrent. I know that the prevailing attitude among the less sophisticated parts of America is that the federal government’s soldiers and government school teachers are “heroes”, against the evidence of their actual actions. I consider it part of my responsibility to work to change that.

My other “crime”: daring to suggest that age of consent laws should not exist, at least in their current form. As a believer in individual self determination, and a very open anarchist, this position should hardly be surprising. I don’t think government should have any involvement in sex, period. I also don’t think government should exist at all.

Read more at https://redmaryland.com/2018/02/maryland-libertarian-senate-candidate-needs-help/

This was his response to criticism of him saying stuff like the below.......

Should an adult be allowed to have sex with a teenager? Only the adult, the teenager, and their families/culture should have a say. There is no reason to bring government into it.
Read more at https://redmaryland.com/2018/02/maryland-libertarian-senate-candidate-needs-help/

So he appears to be saying that if your culture is okay with diddling little boys, govt, as societies codified will, has no place in interfering with that. Sorry, but a full blown anarchist just isn't a viable candidate and any party that accept such a candidate isn't a victim of anything but it's own idiocy. That's not a failing party, because you cant be a serious party espousing beliefs like that.

Chris0nllyn

Because it is failing. Read the story and look at the candidates they're putting up.

If the Libertarian Party wants to make a showing, they're going to have to get their #### together, grow up, and behave like serious adults instead of frat boys whose only issue is legalizing the dope they want to smoke. They do not say how old Mr. Vohra is, but from his comments I'd guess 15 or so.

"Candidates"? So far, I see one in this story. What over candidates do you feel are bringing down the party?

Vohra has been running for some sort of LP office for 8 years now. He's not new. I agreed with him early on relating to some education issues.

The Libertarian Party could give everyone a gold bar and still wouldn't be elected, so I'm not about to act like this is the undoing of the party. The fact that you believe what you do about the makeup of the partty shows not only that you don't know what you're talking about (and at the same time having the gall to tell others you disagree with that they are uninformed), or are willfully ignorant of the party platform and makeup as a whole.

Vohra is 38.

You want to talk about something actually failing....what happened to the Tea Party?

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

So, if your party is going to put up people like this......

This was his response to criticism of him saying stuff like the below.......

So he appears to be saying that if your culture is okay with diddling little boys, govt, as societies codified will, has no place in interfering with that. Sorry, but a full blown anarchist just isn't a viable candidate and any party that accept such a candidate isn't a victim of anything but it's own idiocy. That's not a failing party, because you cant be a serious party espousing beliefs like that.

His complete and detailed responses to each item in question can be found in the LP Special Counsel's investigation:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwn1pw18dnw2ekFzWUV3UUFmWEtHV2FuUVJfWWtOX3daRXY0/view

And an editorial he made:
https://71republic.com/2018/01/15/questioning-age-of-consent-laws-in-america-arvin-vohra/

His mistake was putting out a some-what generic point to a topic that many people aren't willing to reason about, on social media, and responding in a way that made peopel question his intentions. I don't personally believe he's a pedophile, but that he was questioning age of consent laws in the US.

glhs837

Power with Control
His complete and detailed responses to each item in question can be found in the LP Special Counsel's investigation:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwn1pw18dnw2ekFzWUV3UUFmWEtHV2FuUVJfWWtOX3daRXY0/view

And an editorial he made:
https://71republic.com/2018/01/15/questioning-age-of-consent-laws-in-america-arvin-vohra/

His mistake was putting out a some-what generic point to a topic that many people aren't willing to reason about, on social media, and responding in a way that made peopel question his intentions. I don't personally believe he's a pedophile, but that he was questioning age of consent laws in the US.

See, I'm not sure how much more you can specify beyond "I don’t think government should have any involvement in sex, period. I also don’t think government should exist at all." Those are not overly generic statements. They are very specific. I dont think the mans a pedophile, but he seems to think that defining where less than adults sexual interaction with adults should be left to culture, not law. And some cultures definition of whats acceptable regarding that are widley held to be pedophilia by a great majority of Americans. 13 is a teenager, but some cultures dont draw such a sharp line between children and "teens".

Great ideals for an anarchist. Not so much for most folks.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"Candidates"? So far, I see one in this story. What over candidates do you feel are bringing down the party?

All of them if they don't get their #### together, get off their ass, and start working to get themselves on the ballot. Trump just proved a year ago that you can indeed take your message to the People and they will get behind you.

Do you know that I have signed up for Libertarian newsletters - both the party and individual candidates - and have never received one single thing from them?

I contacted LPMaryland and asked them if they would be interested in having a Q&A on here, or even just send me some campaign information about the local candidates and local party in general. Some woman said they'd get back with me, and I never heard from them again.

This is not a serious political organization if a media venue offers them a completely free microphone and all they'd have to do is add us to an email list....and they blow it off.

Hijinx

Guy sounds like a Democrat to me.

And he needs to get a razor and clean himself up.
Now I know I will get flamed for saying that, but he looks like a bum wearing a necktie.
Appearance does make a difference to voters. Maybe it shouldn't, but it does.

I have watched Chris here for a while and to be honest if it didn't claim to be libertarian I would swear it was a Democrat.
Is there really such a thing as a Conservative Libertarian?
I haven't seen any.

Chris0nllyn

I have watched Chris here for a while and to be honest if it didn't claim to be libertarian I would swear it was a Democrat.
Is there really such a thing as a Conservative Libertarian?
I haven't seen any.

:lol: That's a joke, right?

Answer me this, what do you think the Libertarian Party stands for? What are its principals?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
:lol: That's a joke, right?

Answer me this, what do you think the Libertarian Party stands for? What are its principals?

That’s the problem with the Libertarian Party....no one knows.....they are piss poor at getting their message out, both locally and nationally.

Chris0nllyn

That’s the problem with the Libertarian Party....no one knows.....they are piss poor at getting their message out, both locally and nationally.

There's this thing called, get this...the internet. Their message is easily found by anyone willing to look. After the last election, and all the excuses why we must vote Republican to save the country from certain destruction, I doubt any of you would vote Libertarian even if you believed they got their message out.

Stop blaiming the party for your lack of understanding of something so easily found.

I've done nothing but argue for personal freedom and responsibility, fiscal conservatism, and right to bear arms. Totally Democrat party positions. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Their message is easily found by anyone willing to look.

You shouldn't have to look for someone who wants to promote themselves and get their name out there. It's their job to take themselves to the public, not the public's job to search around for them.

Chris0nllyn

You shouldn't have to look for someone who wants to promote themselves and get their name out there. It's their job to take themselves to the public, not the public's job to search around for them.

So, you know everyone running as Republican or Democrat the next election? The idea that no one has to look around or do research on a candidate is asinine.

It certainly is the public's job to do the research. How on earth can you, at one point, claim we we need more Rand Pauls in Congress, then on the other hand, claim the public shouldn't have to find out more information on the candidates running for office?

Anyone who seriously wants to see the 2 party duopoly go away can easily look up other options. The issue, the real issue, is that the American people will not, and are not, willing to leave their "side" come election time. Regardless of the rhetoric we see and hear the years between elections.

Smoke dope and abolish age of consent laws?

I think a majority of Americans align with the Libertarian party. A majority are middle of the road.

Just don't try and blame the party for people's lack of understanding when a wealth of information is at their fingertips. For all the stupid #### people Google on a daily basis, looking up politicians isn't some wild idea.

FYI:
We, the members of the Libertarian Party, challenge the cult of the omnipotent state and defend the rights of the individual.

We hold that all individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose.

Governments throughout history have regularly operated on the opposite principle, that the State has the right to dispose of the lives of individuals and the fruits of their labor. Even within the United States, all political parties other than our own grant to government the right to regulate the lives of individuals and seize the fruits of their labor without their consent.

We, on the contrary, deny the right of any government to do these things, and hold that where governments exist, they must not violate the rights of any individual: namely, (1) the right to life—accordingly we support the prohibition of the initiation of physical force against others; (2) the right to liberty of speech and action—accordingly we oppose all attempts by government to abridge the freedom of speech and press, as well as government censorship in any form; and (3) the right to property—accordingly we oppose all government interference with private property, such as confiscation, nationalization, and eminent domain, and support the prohibition of robbery, trespass, fraud, and misrepresentation.

Since governments, when instituted, must not violate individual rights, we oppose all interference by government in the areas of voluntary and contractual relations among individuals. People should not be forced to sacrifice their lives and property for the benefit of others. They should be left free by government to deal with one another as free traders; and the resultant economic system, the only one compatible with the protection of individual rights, is the free market.
https://www.lp.org/platform/

Rule 1 of advertising... If your perspective buyer has to search for you, it failed.

Rule 1 of politics...make people think you're a commodity worth buying, not that you actually want to serve them.

Last edited: