IDIOT REPORT: Left Sweater @Cleaners for 8Mo; Mad they got rid of it

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
I've done plenty of stupid things in my life. Fortunately, I have (finally) grown up enough so that I don't tell the whole world about it on the internet, using my real name, and then blame the people who's fault it was not.

So, I'm trying to find a reliable seamstress (barring any real tailors) and I come upon this customer review for a dry cleaner in LP City (Lexington Park for you noobs):

valerie Peterson 3 months ago:

When they say "we are not responsible after 30 days" they mean it! I put a very nice sweater in this cleaners in late Feb./March of 2017. I came in late October of the same year (to get it out) and it was gone. They told me it was donated. I've worked in a dry cleaners for 3.5 years and while they do say "after 30 days not responsible" we didn't actually get rid of customer merchandise for up to a year. CONSUMER BEWARE!!!!

CONSUMER BEWARE OF WHAT??? Beware of being a dumb ####???

So, Valerie Peterson leaves her "very nice Sweater" at the dry cleaners in Lexington Park in St. Mary's Square (which looks like a #### hole where one might expect drunks, druggies and homeless people to hang out) for ALMOST 8 MONTHS, then gets upset that they disposed of it --- even though the ticket says get your crap within 30 days --- and then publicly blames the business, thus dragging their online ratings down and probably causing them loss of future business.

Then they post a response (which I would have advised them to not do, since the lady made an idiot out of herself all by herself):

Response from the ownera month ago
Greetings,

As mentioned before we had rerun through our entire inventory and was able to locate your sweater after a week that you had placed this issue. Your item was in our facility for over 8 months and it had taken us hours of running through our entire inventory. We had left an ongoing message for you for the last two months now, and you have still yet to pick up your item, which has now been in our facility for over ten months.

As discussed before, we do not hold items that have been in our facility for over 6 months. This is a longer period than what was suggested by the business bureau and what is required by law. We also have this policy in order to create space and to not crowd our hangers space. We do have exceptions to this policy and that is for our regular customers, who are either military and have to go overseas or be out of town, have a previous agreement with us on seasonal clothes holds, or military families that are on rotation between different towns and cities. We have those exceptions because they are most likely to always come back for their clothes and they do not exceed the expected pickup date.

Please pick up your items or feel free to send a family member to pick up in your stead if you are unable to do so.

-Thank you and sincerely, Wow Dry Cleaners

So, apparently after she left the store all hopped up, the owners scoured the place and found out that they did have it after all (which they had no legal requirement to do) and tried to contact her, to no avail. While it may show that they aren't as organized as they might be, it does show that they are at least honest.

I've talked to these folks in the past and they are Asian, and I assume first generation Americans at that. People probably aren't this stupid where they came from, so they never saw it coming.

If I could be granted one wish each and every day of my life, today's wish would be that Valerie sues the Dry Cleaners and Judge Judy hears the case on her TV show...I can only imagine how that would play out. NOT! I know exactly how it would end. Just a question of whether Judy would make it a quick kill or torture her for half the show.

And we'll end with this interesting excerpt from Wikipedia's entry on "IDIOT:"

In several U.S. states, "idiots" do not have the right to vote:

• Kentucky Section 145[SUP][16][/SUP]
  • Mississippi Article 12, Section 241[SUP][17][/SUP]
  • New Mexico Article VII, section 1[SUP][18][/SUP]
  • Ohio Article V, Section 6[SUP][19][/SUP]

Attachments

• idiot.JPG
    idiot.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hope that anyone who reads Ms. Peterson's review would see that she was clearly in the wrong, and even so the owner tried to make it right. Therefore it shouldn't cost them any business.

But her complaint did give me a good laugh. :lol:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We do not have much that needs dry cleaning, but I'll give the above business a try next time we do.