How about some good news?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
A break from our regular programming. :biggrin:

As of 2 February, Anita and I have been together 40 years, including the time we dated.
Yesterday was the anniversary of our 1st big date.
We were cadets at Norwich, the military college in Vermont.

This was taken that evening at the annual Winter Formal Dance.
Anita_n_Steven-11Feb1978-5.jpg

26 June will be our 36th wedding anniversary.
Anita_n_Steven-1982JUN26-027.jpg

I will admit we have had our rough patches, mostly due to the effects of health issues.

She was out of work from 1997 - 2012 dealing with PTSD and other effects of her service connected disabilities.
She's a former USAF Officer (I was an NCO in the USAFR), got riffed in 1994.
Got here to Saint Marys by way of an internship program the Navy has for getting long term unemployed vets back into the workforce. It helped the branch at NAVAIR that wanted her, to hire her. She has done well, has a passion for aircraft test and development.

Then we had my illness and treatment in 2015, pancreatic cancer diagnosis...still cancer free as of this typing,
However, as the outcome was in doubt, we did discuss final arrangements for me.
Anita asked me what I wanted on my grave marker, my reply; "He fulfilled his wedding vows."

We also weathered a lot of sadness due to losing beloved family members and friends, seemed we were losing one a month over the course of 2016 and 2017.

I know other folks have different stories, with different outcomes, for different reasons...all three of my siblings have been divorced. All you can do sometimes is go with the flow and take care of yourself.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

"May joy and peace surround you, Contentment latch your door, And happiness be with you now, And bless you evermore." An Irish blessing to you.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Thank you all, part of my reason for fighting the cancer, do not want to bring her any sadness.

Chris0nllyn

In a world where it seems less and less care about the vows they say, this is nice to read. Wishing you nothing but happiness.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I have taken two binding Oaths in my life; my Wedding Vows and my Oath of Enlistment.
I consider both to have a hold on my loyalty, until I draw my last breath.