Wireless Plans

luvmygdaughters

My husband and I have our plans thru his work place. He is now retired and we have to obtain our own plan, who do you use? Looking at AT&T and Consumer Cellular, has/does anyone use these plans? If so, pros/cons? Thanks.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ting

You Pay for what you use .... 2 Phones mostly Data $ 40 - 60 per month
[rides on the T-Mob Network]

Ting.jpg

I've been using StraightTalk for years, rides on the Verizon backbone. Never had an issue of any kind. $45/mo unlimited up to 10gb.

However, when you power on the phone (bought from StraightTalk) it displays a TracPhone logo. There are less expensive plans thru TracPhone which uses the same network service.

nutz

Cricket uses the AT&T network, I switched about 2 years ago from Verizon and have 0 complaints.
Friend lives in Annapolis and uses consumer cellular with no complaints

In reality today it's less about the vendor (they are all getting to be pretty much the same coverage) and more about meeting your needs. If the phone you get meets your needs, and the cost you are paying is not objectionable, pick whatever you want. Don't forget that most of these non-contract plans are paid monthly, so if you don't like your service you can switch anytime and keep your phone number.

h3mech

My husband and I have our plans thru his work place. He is now retired and we have to obtain our own plan, who do you use? Looking at AT&T and Consumer Cellular, has/does anyone use these plans? If so, pros/cons? Thanks.

we switched to consumer cellular and saved over 100 dollars for two phone my bill is now 50 bucks when i was paying 150

terbear1225

Anyone care to rexommend an option for a short term rental? Daughter needs one for a two week out of state summer program.

black dog

Free America
I use Boost Mobile... Both LG phones were free, unlimited talk &text with 10 gig data before unlimited slowdown.
When setup with debit / credit card 60 bucks a month total for both.
No issues downloading music, videos or tethering with a pad, notebook or laptop.

SamSpade

I've been using StraightTalk for years, rides on the Verizon backbone. Never had an issue of any kind. $45/mo unlimited up to 10gb.

I've been trying to persuade - all the interested parties - that we should go that route. I'm sick of the Verizon bill each month.
I also have a friend who claims the same - no problems - but the challenge I get is yeah but he doesn't go to the same places
in the county.

Frankly I can't see how it can be any different if it rides on the Verizon network.

Where do you usually go? Any spots where coverage sucks?

I've been all up and down the east coast, Mass to FL, and the Rt 40 corridor to NW Arkansas. It may kick back from 4Glte to 3G but I've always had coverage. The only place I'm aware that coverage is terrible is Rt 15 in VA south of Rt 64. But it's hilly and everything gets dropped there.

The only drawback and it really doesn't affect me is the TOS for StraightTalk don't allow you to tether your WiFi devices.

Last edited: