FBI director pointedly show WH is lying (yet again)

transporter

Contradicting the White House, the FBI said Tuesday it gave the Trump administration information on multiple occasions last year about a top aide accused of domestic abuse by his two ex-wives, and the investigation wrapped up in January

https://www.apnews.com/7bc018906655...ts-White-House-on-probe-of-former-aide-Porter

Mr. Wray told the Senate Intelligence Committee that the FBI submitted a partial report on Mr. Porter in March 2017, and a completed background investigation in late July.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/13/christopher-wray-contradicts-white-house-timing-ba/

So for 10 months Rob Porter handled the most classified of information while those in the WH knew he could never obtain the security clearance necessary to continue in his position.

Of course the great bastions of "fair and balanced" reporting that are so often quoted on here can only report the WH spin...

Sanders Says FBI Director's Testimony on Porter Does Not Contradict the White House's Account

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/laure...-contradict-the-white-houses-account-n2448726

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
https://www.apnews.com/7bc018906655...ts-White-House-on-probe-of-former-aide-Porter

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/13/christopher-wray-contradicts-white-house-timing-ba/

So for 10 months Rob Porter handled the most classified of information while those in the WH knew he could never obtain the security clearance necessary to continue in his position.

Of course the great bastions of "fair and balanced" reporting that are so often quoted on here can only report the WH spin...

Sanders Says FBI Director's Testimony on Porter Does Not Contradict the White House's Account

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/laure...-contradict-the-white-houses-account-n2448726

I'm having a hard time believing this story. The FBI is the agency in charge of clearances and if they'd found a reason to deny it back in March they would have cancelled the interim quickly.

Starman

Wait for it: the FBI sat on the wife beating just so they could deploy it when it would cause the most embarrassment.

Midnightrider

I'm having a hard time believing this story. The FBI is the agency in charge of clearances and if they'd found a reason to deny it back in March they would have cancelled the interim quickly.

So it is your suggestion that the FBI couldn’t Uncover a police report and a restraining order?

PsyOps

Pixelated
I don't know how things work at this level in granting clearances. I do question why anyone would be granted access to the WH without their clearance being in place. If I understand how this went down is, Porter was working in the WH before his clearance was granted. I work in IT/Communications. I can tell you with absolute certainty that, folks applying to work for WHCA don't step foot in a presidential facility (not even necessarily the WH itself) until they are granted their YW clearance.

If there were questions about Porter, and his clearance wasn't in place, why was he allowed in the WH at all?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Reading a prepared statement, Sanders told reporters that although the White House Personnel Office received the FBI's final report in November, the office had not finished its own investigation by the time Porter resigned.

"The White House Personnel security office, staffed by career officials, received information last year in what they considered to be the final background investigation report in November," Sanders said.

"But they had not made a final recommendation for adjudication to the White House because the process was still ongoing when Porter resigned," Sanders said.

"In the view of the personnel security office, the FBI's July report required significant additional investigatory field work before the personnel security office could begin to evaluate the information for adjudication."

Sanders said her understanding, based on the "best information" available to her, was that chief of staff John Kelly was unaware of the FBI's repeated contact with the White House about the status of its background check of Porter.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/13/fbi-contradicts-white-house-on-rob-porter-probe-timeline.html

unless YOU are working in the White House Personnel Office, any comments are speculation and wild assed guesses

This_person

Reading a prepared statement, Sanders told reporters that although the White House Personnel Office received the FBI's final report in November, the office had not finished its own investigation by the time Porter resigned.

"The White House Personnel security office, staffed by career officials, received information last year in what they considered to be the final background investigation report in November," Sanders said.

"But they had not made a final recommendation for adjudication to the White House because the process was still ongoing when Porter resigned," Sanders said.

"In the view of the personnel security office, the FBI's July report required significant additional investigatory field work before the personnel security office could begin to evaluate the information for adjudication."

Sanders said her understanding, based on the "best information" available to her, was that chief of staff John Kelly was unaware of the FBI's repeated contact with the White House about the status of its background check of Porter.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/13/fbi-contradicts-white-house-on-rob-porter-probe-timeline.html

unless YOU are working in the White House Personnel Office, any comments are speculation and wild assed guesses

It's not like he was using an unsecured server to access the classified material, so we don't really know what he was handling and/or seeing.

Meanwhile, I fully agree with Merlin that if the investigation was complete, he would no longer have his interim. Maybe they were trying to find some loophole or waiver process, or, as Starman points out this was an attempt at making the WH look bad in retaliation for making FBI leadership appear as what they are?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I do question why anyone would be granted access to the WH without their clearance being in place.

Many of Bill Clinton's people were in place for months without security clearances, some never got one. Reports of them blowing off the interviews were all over the media.

Anyway, for some reason this Rob Porter story has taken over the news. Is it because they don't want to talk about what's going on with Israel, Iran, and Syria? That's what I want to hear about.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Many of Bill Clinton's people were in place for months without security clearances, some never got one. Reports of them blowing off the interviews were all over the media.

Anyway, for some reason this Rob Porter story has taken over the news. Is it because they don't want to talk about what's going on with Israel, Iran, and Syria? That's what I want to hear about.

This changes nothing in my opinion that, it's disturbing to me that anyone is allowed in that WH without having their clearance in place. The rest of us government schmucks have to go through some pretty heavy scrutiny to get certain clearances - sometimes even going through a hot interrogation during a polygraph - before we could set foot in a classified environment.

I personally think it shows some really poor judgment to allow a person in the WH, and handle classified when they were warned of his background.

The optics of appearing overlook someone that is an alleged wife beater is just disturbing. He beats up on his wife, then goes to work for the president; and the president and Kelly knew it was happening, and pretends it's no big deal? Who does this? What kind of people are running that WH?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anyway, supposedly this guy is involved with Hope Hicks. I wonder if he smacks her up, too?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This changes nothing in my opinion that, it's disturbing to me that anyone is allowed in that WH without having their clearance in place.

well then we bloody well shouldn't be electing a President that CANNOT pass a back ground check .... because whomever is elected is going to bring their friends and associates

Midnightrider

This changes nothing in my opinion that, it's disturbing to me that anyone is allowed in that WH without having their clearance in place. The rest of us government schmucks have to go through some pretty heavy scrutiny to get certain clearances - sometimes even going through a hot interrogation during a polygraph - before we could set foot in a classified environment.

I personally think it shows some really poor judgment to allow a person in the WH, and handle classified when they were warned of his background.

The optics of appearing overlook someone that is an alleged wife beater is just disturbing. He beats up on his wife, then goes to work for the president; and the president and Kelly knew it was happening, and pretends it's no big deal? Who does this? What kind of people are running that WH?

Exactly. Someone had to vouch for the guy to override a negative outcome from a security clearance. The interim could be explained away if they were still waiting for the FBI investigation, but not after the results came in.

PsyOps

Pixelated
well then we bloody well shouldn't be electing a President that CANNOT pass a back ground check .... because whomever is elected is going to bring their friends and associates

:rolleyes:

A president is elected by the people. That is his background check.

Appointees are not.