Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand Is Ashamed Of Her Former Conservative Views And Her '98% White' Constituency

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) says she's "ashamed" to have once held more conservative positions on things like immigration and the Second Amendment, and blames her backwards, ignorant former constituency, outside of the much-more-cosmopolitan New York City, for forcing her to adopt ideas which are opposed to a more civilized world.

[clip]

"I know, and that's why I was embarrassed," Gillibrand said. "I was wrong. What it's about is the power of the NRA and the greed of that industry. Let's be clear, it is not about hunters' rights. It's about money."

[clip]

Gillibrand once supported a more restrictive immigration policy (she now supports something akin to blanket amnesty), and she explains that away by insinuating that her majority-white congressional district was basically racist and she had to give them what they wanted.

When pressed further on why her immigration views were once very Trumpian indeed, Gillibrand explained that she was merely representing her constituency, and that, shut off from all media communication in the wilds of upstate New York, where television and print journalism are utterly inaccessible, she simply didn't know there was another side ot the issue.

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand Is Ashamed Of Her Former Conservative Views And Her '98% White' Constituency

This suggestion — that a mostly Democratic constituency that voted her into office is somehow racist and backwards — isn't likely to win Gillibrand many friends among the very people she has to convince: rust belt, blue-collar Democrats who voted for Donald Trump's populist economics and who swung key states towards the Republican competitor in the 2016 presidential election. :lmao:

:twitch:

so any Idea counter to YOUR World View is Uncivilized ... how inclusive

Last edited: