Trump's Proposed Chesapeake Bay Cleanup Cuts Faces Hill Battle

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Trump's Proposed Chesapeake Bay Cleanup Cuts Faces Hill Battle

Date: 02-14-2018 11:16 AM

Summary: President Donald Trump's plan to slash 90 percent of Chesapeake Bay cleanup funding, which could dismantle several decades of environmental restoration, met resistance from Maryland's Democratic congressional delegation.

Click here for the full story...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What..specifically..regarding bay health would be reversed by the proposed cut in funding?

Sapidus

What..specifically..regarding bay health would be reversed by the proposed cut in funding?

Are you trying to have a discussion with a bot?

So one is a bot the other is paid by the #### bros or Russia. Jesus. This must be the end times

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A rhetorical question to a bot. God your life is empty.

Try again, shortbus. You might be able to figure it out. :patonhead:

rhe·tor·i·cal ques·tion
noun
noun: rhetorical question; plural noun: rhetorical questions

a question asked in order to create a dramatic effect or to make a point rather than to get an answer.

You poor retarded ting...

Chris0nllyn

The funding is likely for upgrading wastewater treatment plants (among other things). Typically the state covers some portion of the project at 0% loans, the feds chip in and also the locality.

I think if MD was serious about Bay cleanup, they'd work with the other states that contribute to the nutrient pollution (not to mention the Conowingo Dam's issues).

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The funding is likely for upgrading wastewater treatment plants. Typically the state covers some portion of the project at 0% loans, the feds chip in and also the locality.

I think if MD was serious about Bay cleanup, they'd work with the other states that contribute to the nutrient pollution (not to mention the Conowingo Dam's issues).

Wasn't something floated by Hogan in the past year to start evaluating what to do with the sediment behind that dam?

I just get sick and tired of constantly seeing liberals float these ridiculous logical fallacies in claiming the false premise of "total reversibility" any time some EPA regulatory overreach is slapped down, funding for the bay reduced, etc.

Chris0nllyn

Wasn't something floated by Hogan in the past year to start evaluating what to do with the sediment behind that dam?

I just get sick and tired of constantly seeing liberals float these ridiculous logical fallacies in claiming the false premise of "total reversibility" any time some EPA regulatory overreach is slapped down, funding for the bay reduced, etc.

Yes. They are doing a pilot test dredging sediment from behind the dam. Being a pilot, they aren't removing much (25,000 cu yds of the estimated 31 million cu yds) but if it's successful, we'll see. Hogan stated that other states (NY, PA) should bear some responsibility and cost along with the Dam's owner, Exelon, since they use it to make/sell power.

Hijinx

What is funny is that Gilligan asks a question to start a conversation on why the fund cuts hurt the bay , and instead of answering the question, the silly dingleberry attacks the person who asked it?

IMO Trump is wrong to cut that much funding from the Bay, it's wrong, but maybe a committee can go to bat and get some of it back if they work with the Trump administration instead of attacking him. Shut Frosh TF up for a while and request more money.Shut Steny Hoyer TF up for a while, and ask for more money

If Trump is holding the money up to pay back these two weasels, it's wrong.
Paybacks are hell,but constantly attacking Trump isn't going to get more money from his administration.

The Chesapeake Bay is a vital environmental asset, and should be given more thought by the administration.

transporter

Where specifically did the article state that anything would be reversed? Where specifically did any liberal or any person of any other political persuasion state in the article that total reversibility would occur?

It really would help you if you used all that higher education to ACTUALLY READ THE ARTICLE.

You can start crying your little crocodile tears no with Hijinx...

BTW...can you please use all your vast educational and vocational experience to explain how a cut of 90% in restoration & cleanup spending will maintain or increase the health of the Bay. Since you obviously don't believe that a 90% cut in spending will hurt Bay health, you therefore must believe that a 90% cut will either a: do no harm or b: increase the health of the Bay.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Maybe if someone in Maryland could show Trump the 73 million dollars worth of positive results we made in 2017 it would be a different story. I live here and I'll be damned if I've seen it, and I'm not even talking about the billions prior to 2017.

Pissing money down the drain is not a positive result, and it's the best way to get funds slashed by a president that demands results. Maryland screwed itself.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Where specifically did the article state that anything would be reversed? Where specifically did any liberal or any person of any other political persuasion state in the article that total reversibility would occur?

It really would help you if you used all that higher education to ACTUALLY READ THE ARTICLE.

You can start crying your little crocodile tears no with Hijinx...

BTW...can you please use all your vast educational and vocational experience to explain how a cut of 90% in restoration & cleanup spending will maintain or increase the health of the Bay. Since you obviously don't believe that a 90% cut in spending will hurt Bay health, you therefore must believe that a 90% cut will either a: do no harm or b: increase the health of the Bay.

Have not been keeping up obviously. Shame on you. That little uneducated rant was all you got? If I wanted to bother, I could find scores of hand-wringing sky-is-falling articles put out by your fellow left wingers, loudly proclaiming how everything gained in the last 40-50 years will all be lost in an instant, at the strokes of Trump's pen. ;-p

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Within minutes after you prove what will now not be accomplished if the 90 million goes missing....I'll be right on it.

Waiting. :nomoney:

Chris0nllyn

Maybe if someone in Maryland could show Trump the 73 million dollars worth of positive results we made in 2017 it would be a different story. I live here and I'll be damned if I've seen it, and I'm not even talking about the billions prior to 2017.

Pissing money down the drain is not a positive result, and it's the best way to get funds slashed by a president that demands results. Maryland screwed itself.

Like his own EPA, perhaps?
https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2016-06/documents/wastewater_progress_report_06142016.pdf
https://www.epa.gov/sites/productio...terim_2016_2017_milestone_eval_20170630_0.pdf

They could likely streamline a few things, but they certainly haven't been "pissing money down the drain".