Mitt Romney to launch Senate campaign Thursday

SamSpade

Who knows? Still like him.
I was not one of those kids who said "well you don't like my other friend, so we can't be friends either".

But I don't think he's well suited for Senate life. He's used to being an executive.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I was not one of those kids who said "well you don't like my other friend, so we can't be friends either".

But I don't think he's well suited for Senate life. He's used to being an executive.
I agree with your first statement.
On your second, I beleive he will rise quickly in the leadership ranks......

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

It's not that he didn't like Trump, it's the manner in which he expressed himself. Over the top language, ugly, lying and embellishing, rumor mongering. For all the world like those nasty lefties that I loathe so much. I can't in good conscience support Mitt for anything other than DNC chair because he showed that that's what he's most suitable for.

Chris0nllyn

It's not that he didn't like Trump, it's the manner in which he expressed himself. Over the top language, ugly, lying and embellishing, rumor mongering. For all the world like those nasty lefties that I loathe so much. I can't in good conscience support Mitt for anything other than DNC chair because he showed that that's what he's most suitable for.

That's a joke, right? You can't support Mitt because of his language, his looks, his lies and embellishing, and rumor mongering?

Holy ####. :lol:

Hijinx

That's a joke, right? You can't support Mitt because of his language, his looks, his lies and embellishing, and rumor mongering?

I don't like Mitt Romney
but it's not up to me to elect him.

It's up to Utah

It's a shoo-in. Might as well face it, he will be the Senator from Utah.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

You're a victim of the left-media's bull####, so I don't really expect sense from you.

Chris0nllyn

I don't like Mitt Romney
but it's not up to me to elect him.

It's up to Utah

It's a shoo-in. Might as well face it, he will be the Senator from Utah.

It's Utah. It'll certainly be a Republican, but Romney. That's the best Utah can do? Outside of being Mormon and involved in the Olympics in Salt Lake, what ties does Mitt have to Utah?

But hey, like you said. Not up to us.

Chris0nllyn

You're a victim of the left-media's bull####, so I don't really expect sense from you.

I just think it's funny you villify Mitt for the very same things you applaud Trump for doing.

Keep blaming the left wing media and not your own words here.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I just think it's funny you villify Mitt for the very same things you applaud Trump for doing.

Keep blaming the left wing media and not your own words here.

Again, you are clearly a victim of the left-media's bull####.

Trump has never launched an unprovoked attack. Not one time. He fights *back*, but he does not pick the fight. Romney came out of nowhere to gnash his teeth and rip at his hair and hysterically denounce Trump, call him a KKK member, a rapist, etc etc.

Trump punched him back, too, and he deserved it.

You may be that Mommy who punishes the victim along with the attacker for fighting, but I am not.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's Utah. It'll certainly be a Republican, but Romney. That's the best Utah can do? Outside of being Mormon and involved in the Olympics in Salt Lake, what ties does Mitt have to Utah?

None. He wasn't even born there. He is only very recently a resident of Utah, so I think it takes some nads to now want to represent them in the Senate. Very similar to another carpetbagger we know who picked a state that might be foolish enough to elect her to the Senate, and then moved there.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

But hey, like you said. Not up to us.

He lives there, moved there a couple years ago giving him more of a connection to Utah then Hillary had to NY.

Chris0nllyn

Again, you are clearly a victim of the left-media's bull####.

Trump has never launched an unprovoked attack. Not one time. He fights *back*, but he does not pick the fight. Romney came out of nowhere to gnash his teeth and rip at his hair and hysterically denounce Trump, call him a KKK member, a rapist, etc etc.

Trump punched him back, too, and he deserved it.

You may be that Mommy who punishes the victim along with the attacker for fighting, but I am not.

Oh please. Like Donald Trump is some sort of victim here. You can't really believe that each and every time Trump was a complete dickhead, used nasty language, etc. was because he was "fighting back". Actually, I'm sure you can. I could provide examples and you'd figure out some way to twist it as Trump being attacked in some way. The President of the United States, okay to be a dick because evwyone is mean to him.

Besides all that, how is Trump fighting back by embellishing and constantly saying blatantly false things?

How can a group of people who voted for Trump to "drain the swamp" think electing Romney to Senate is a good idea?

Amazing stuff.

Starman

I don’t think anyone who believes in magic underpants has any business in any legislative body at any level of government.

Sapidus

Says the person who calls Trump daddy and defends his every lie, use of over the top language, embellishing and rumor mongering.

the hypocrisy is strong in this one.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Mitt was clearly on the sidelines in 2015/2016 when he felt compelled to speak out negatively against the GOP candidate. If he was opposed to a Trump candidacy, he could have kept that to himself. But he chose to shout out his disagreement from the mountaintops. That told me more about the establishment not wanting an outside to crash their party and possibly upset the applecart.

Actions have consequences, Mitt. Perhaps you deserve a bit of your own medicine.

Hijinx

I wish him luck with his launch.

[video=youtube;vkVIe8ZGzwY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkVIe8ZGzwY[/video]