A school shooting every 60 hours. (And other BS stats)

glhs837

Power with Control
So, I see this stat everywhere and got to loking into it. Seems that stat includes things like an accidental BB gun gun firing and 10 shootings in a schoolyard between adults. Like the "mass shooting" stats, these are fabricated by organizations like Bloombergs whose final goal is the eradication of privately owned firearms.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Media Push The Claim There Have Been 18 School Shootings In 2018. Here Are The Facts.

Here are some examples:

ABC News: “There have been 18 school shootings in the first 45 days of 2018, according to a nonprofit group.”

New York Daily News: “There have been 18 school shootings so far this year, including one that claimed 17 lives at a Florida public school Wednesday.”

WUSA9: “Within the first couple months of 2018, there have now been 18 school shootings across the United States.”

But that narrative was gleaned from the anti-gun group Everytown for Gun Safety. Here are some facts, in order to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to the facts:

Twice, someone shot themselves on school grounds; one incident, on January 3, featured a man shooting himself in a former school’s parking lot; on January 10 a teen killed himself in an Arizona elementary school bathroom.

Four times, a bullet was fired through a school or dorm’s window: on January 4, a gunshot was fired at a high school in Seattle through an office window; no one was hurt. On January 10, a shot was fired shattering a California State University classroom window. No injuries were reported. The same day, in Texas, a bullet was accidentally fired through a classroom wall at the Grayson College Criminal Justice Center. No one was injured. On January 15, a bullet traveled through a residential hall’s dorm room. No injuries were reported.

On January 25, a Mobile, Alabama, high school student fired a gun on campus. No one was injured. On January 26, in Dearborn, Michigan, shots were fired from a car in a parking lot; no injuries were reported.

if they could be Honest we could have a discussion, but they want to LIE

Just curious how many school shootings you think are OK. So, lets say it was only 2 instead of 18, then we wouldn't have to worry about it right? Of course, we have the inalienable god given right to have guns according to the goopers.

Wonder if kids have a right to go to school and not worry about getting shot? Nah, of course not, because the solution to school shootings is more guns isn't it?

Give teachers guns, never mind that some teachers come to class stoned or drunk, or would lose a gun.

Amazing that all these school shootings are white christian males isn't it?

Nope you made your bed now lie in it. You want everyone to have guns, so of course there will continue to be mass killings by white christian men and nobody will do a dam thing about it. We will all wring our hands and pray, we will call for action, and in 2 weeks we will forget about it until the next mass shooting. Yep making america great again is what we are doing.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Just curious how many school shootings you think are OK. So, lets say it was only 2 instead of 18, then we wouldn't have to worry about it right? Of course, we have the inalienable god given right to have guns according to the goopers.

Correction: of course, we have the inalienable god given right to have guns and that is guaranteed by our Constitution.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wonder if kids have a right to go to school and not worry about getting shot?

Several million children didn't get shot in school yesterday. I'd say that's pretty good odds. Statistically, you're more likely to be molested by your teacher than shot by a classmate. Should we ban teachers?

Toxick

Splat
Wonder if kids have a right to go to school and not worry about getting shot?

I've read the Constitution.

Cover to cover.

I must have missed a spot - cause I saw nothing about that right.

Give teachers guns, never mind that some teachers come to class stoned or drunk, or would lose a gun.

Be careful - you almost accidentally tripped over the real problem there....

####ing white Christians.

First the Crusades, and now this!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I've read the Constitution.

Cover to cover.

I must have missed a spot - cause I saw nothing about that right.

Progressives use Dean Wormers “Double-Secret Probationary” Constitution.

It’s where you find authorization for DOE, DOT, Dept. of Education, HUD.... and so on

terbear1225

Wonder if kids have a right to go to school and not worry about getting shot? Nah, of course not, because the solution to school shootings is more guns isn't it?

Nope you made your bed now lie in it. You want everyone to have guns, so of course there will continue to be mass killings by white christian men and nobody will do a dam thing about it. We will all wring our hands and pray, we will call for action, and in 2 weeks we will forget about it until the next mass shooting. Yep making america great again is what we are doing.

Here's a thought:

let's enforce to the full extent of the law, the gun control already on the books

let's de-stigmatize mental illness and get people the help they need (including institutionalization in extreme cases)

let's give schools ANY actual power to remove students who bully from the primary school environment and provide better support for students who are bullied

let's take the time to identify HOW shooters are getting their weapons and address those specific issues or failure to enforce existing laws

IF all of those things are addressed and we still have issues, THEN and ONLY THEN should we talk about adding more legislation.

glhs837

Power with Control

Okay? I would like for there to be none. That would be great. I would like for there to be no car crashes too. But what I would like, and what's possible in reality are two different things for various reasons. We should worry about every one of them, and work to prevent others. Hopefully better than we work to prevent car crashes, which kill 30,000 people a year. But we have this thing called freedom, both to own guns and to drive cars. And as noted, that right, along with others, was said be granted by God by the wise men who founded this nation, and was garunteed through the Constitution by those same founders. See, these men had just faced the fact that the govt they had been faithful to and owned fealty to had broken it's own faith and fealty with them. And they rebelled, and realizing that force of arms was the only way for the people to ensure that future chages to the govt they were forming would not be able to betray their descendants in a similar fashion, they specifically called out the right to own arms as a hedge against that.

I would love to think that all people, not just children, would be free from all worry. But do I think we give up those rights to ensure that? No, not any more than I propose we all ride trains on rails that go no faster than 10mph to free anyone from the worrk about having a crash. I ensure me and mine are safer from crashes through good equipment and training and operating under the assumption that any of the chukcle heads around me can take a bad turn and try and kill us. Worry is never a reason to remove rights. The Founders knew that and worked very hard to craft a political system intended to reduce the odds of a mass hysteria from being used to drive mob rule.

Some teachers might come to work drunk or stoned. And if you increase the risk level of that happening by allowing armed teachers, then you find ways to mitigate that risk. Before bringing your weapon into school, someone has to give you a good lookover. Glazed eyeballs or whiskey breath, go home, like any other high risk activity. Most law abiding folks who own guns are responsible and dont do so drunk or stoned or les thier guns. And I think teachers as a rule are usually amongst your more responsible citzens. Cops get stoned and drunk on duty every day, and some even lose guns. But those numbers are vanishingly small, and society has judged that small risk is outweighed by the benefit of having armed officers around.

Dont care who they are. Only care that they get dead fast. Christian? You really going there? Heck, I'm not even one, and thats annoying. Why would what religion they are matter, unless of course, they left screeds saying they were doing this for God? Cant recall any cases of that, it's all pretty much solo nutters. Not to be confused withe organized Muslim nutters.

The people I want to have guns are the good people who stand a chance of taking down a nutter before they kill too many. If you have a wish that magically the 300 million guns in this country will be rounded up and crushed, and say thats your solution, I say thats as realistic as my wish that we round up 11 million illegals and ship them back where they came from. Realizing that such a plan is impossible, my plan to mitigate that recognizes that shipping them home is impossible and offers realistic solutions. Can you offer a plan to mitigate the risk of school shootings that realizes that 300 million guns are not going to melted down. Not going to happen, what else you got?

Any serious suggestions? Nope, oh well.

Lets see, other nations ban guns and have no problems, they don't live in fear of seeing their kids school shot up, have to go through metal detectors to go to a concert, or museum, or ball game.

Less than 3% of our population own 50% of all guns, and the US of A owns more than half of the guns in the world. So yeah there is that. The minority of citizens own guns, and most people believe in increased gun control. But we cannot do that because ..... oh wait lets look at the arguments presented here.

Statistically, you're more likely to be molested by your teacher than shot by a classmate.
hen the stats catch to up to Muslim Killings or the numbers murdered in Honduras every year wake me up
have the inalienable god given right to have guns and that is guaranteed by our Constitution

all of these are flippant non-sequitur that don't attempt to solve the issue. Haha funny stuff, unless it is your kid that is shot.

The issue is that minority of the population that own guns cry out the loudest when anyone attempts to "take away their freedom" by imposing regulation on the handling of a deadly weapon. So lets let everyone drive drunk, because a vehicle operated by an intoxicated person is a deadly weapon, and lord knows it is their right to conduct interstate commerce (according to the constitution), so we don't need rules, that would infringe on their rights.

Nope, either ban guns (our democracy would survive quite nicely if we did, believe it or not), charge $1000 for every bullet, or make every gun owner pay $5000 license for every gun they own, oh and if their guns are stolen or lost, they can pay another $10000 penalty for not securing a deadly weapon.

That may solve the problems of gun violence in this country. Owning more guns, praying, joking, and obfuscating will not kids

GregV814

No, more people are killed by automobiles and public transportation than guns. So, applying that same insane rationale, we should ban cars, trucks, motorcycles, ships, trains, busses, airplanes and charge 2,000 a gallon for fuel....yup, tarts do it!!