F B I National Embarrassment

This_person

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Well, is it really a matter for the FBI or for the local agencies? In a country of over 126 million households in the US, can we be reasonably expecting the FBI to investigate every single instance of talk like this? Shouldn't have the Broward County Sheriff's Office looked into this nutcase instead? Or maybe the Florida State Police? Or the Broward District School Police Department?

black dog

Free America
I watched a FBI Agent in charge yesterday make the statement that they had read and were aware of a Facebook Post that was recently made that this young man was going to be known as a school shooter but they could not figure out who had posted the comment. So the FBI cant figure out who makes a post on the internet? WTF
Maybe along with draining the swamp The President needs to drain all upper management of the FBI.

transporter

I watched a FBI Agent in charge yesterday make the statement that they had read and were aware of a Facebook Post that was recently made that this young man was going to be known as a school shooter but they could not figure out who had posted the comment. So the FBI cant figure out who makes a post on the internet? WTF
Maybe along with draining the swamp The President needs to drain all upper management of the FBI.

You mean the same incompetent President who phoned in another teleprompter speech...this one about mass murders and mental illness?

You mean the same incompetent President who "signed a measure into law... that rescinds an Obama-era rule aimed at blocking gun sales to certain mentally ill people"?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...lock-gun-sales-to-certain-mentally-ill-people

You mean the same guy who pushes for massive corporate tax cuts and less than two months later advocates for the passage of a 25 cent gas tax increase?

You think THAT individual is capable of doing anything of actual value or impact?

black dog

Free America
You mean the same incompetent President who phoned in another teleprompter speech...this one about mass murders and mental illness?

You mean the same incompetent President who "signed a measure into law... that rescinds an Obama-era rule aimed at blocking gun sales to certain mentally ill people"?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...lock-gun-sales-to-certain-mentally-ill-people

You mean the same guy who pushes for massive corporate tax cuts and less than two months later advocates for the passage of a 25 cent gas tax increase?

You think THAT individual is capable of doing anything of actual value or impact?

My 401 is smokin........

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How much credibility should anyone put into a youtube video claim?

I think they should consider someone making a threat on any media a credible threat and investigate them. All those Hollywood celebrities calling for Trump's death? They should be investigated. Johnny Depp suggesting it's time for an actor to assassinate another president? He needs to be investigated, especially given his highly public violent temperament and volatility.

When someone tells the world they want to be a school shooter, why wouldn't you believe them? Should we really wait until after they kill a bunch of people to take them seriously?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

Words have meaning, and I'll graciously give you the benefit of the doubt that you just c&p the link since it fit the 'narrative'. I am 192% POSITIVE that the ACLU agreed with Trump and his actions on this, because you know, due process and all. I remember Obama 'strengthening' Title IX which led to many instances of tossing due process out the window. Imagine that, a lawyer willing to forgo due process and a businessman being all for it.

This_person

I think they should consider someone making a threat on any media a credible threat and investigate them. All those Hollywood celebrities calling for Trump's death? They should be investigated. Johnny Depp suggesting it's time for an actor to assassinate another president? He needs to be investigated, especially given his highly public violent temperament and volatility.

When someone tells the world they want to be a school shooter, why wouldn't you believe them? Should we really wait until after they kill a bunch of people to take them seriously?

Angry, sad, distraught people say a lot of stupid stuff that is not actually a threat.

The number of really threatening things said on an hourly basis on the internet would require an army of tens of millions (some of whom would be the ones investigated) to investigate. If we believe people are free to speak their feelings, then yes, we wait until they actually do something, or there is something more credible than a youtube video to challenge their right to be stupid, sad, angry, or distraught.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Angry, sad, distraught people say a lot of stupid stuff that is not actually a threat.

The number of really threatening things said on an hourly basis on the internet would require an army of tens of millions (some of whom would be the ones investigated) to investigate. If we believe people are free to speak their feelings, then yes, we wait until they actually do something, or there is something more credible than a youtube video to challenge their right to be stupid, sad, angry, or distraught.

You either want to save lives or you don't. We'll just put you in the "don't" category and move on.

This_person

You either want to save lives or you don't. We'll just put you in the "don't" category and move on.

I would be willing to bet that you do not report every threatening post on your own forum. You intelligently judge whether or not there is a credible threat.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would be willing to bet that you do not report every threatening post on your own forum. You intelligently judge whether or not there is a credible threat.

If someone posted that they want to be a a famous school shooter, I would indeed report it. If someone posted a serious death threat, I would report it. When it's two posters who don't even know each other going back and forth and insinuating they want to beat each other up, I take it for what it is - childish cyberblather.

In fact I have alerted the police when we had a crazy on here that I thought was a serious threat. I have also alerted SMCSO when I saw death threats being made on a local person's FB page.

Not that the cops can do anything about it anyway because they are pretty much prevented from investigating internet threats. The crazy has to actually kill someone first before they can do anything about it. The most the victim can do is get a restraining order, and umpteen women who were killed by their ex person who had an order against him pretty much prove that it isn't a deterrent.

If you see crazy on social media, you can report it until your fingers fall off and nothing will be done. They won't even delete the post in many cases.

So now the mantra is "if you see something, say something," which is all well and good....but then what?

Then nothing, that's what.

terbear1225

Someone posts that they want to shoot up a school AND there is evidence they have the means to do AND training to accomplish it, maybe someone ought to step in. Without investigating the initial post, how does law enforcement know if the other conditions are met?

Plus, if a few more of these threats were investigated, maybe less of them would be made?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
If someone posted that they want to be a a famous school shooter, I would indeed report it. If someone posted a serious death threat, I would report it. When it's two posters who don't even know each other going back and forth and insinuating they want to beat each other up, I take it for what it is - childish cyberblather.

In fact I have alerted the police when we had a crazy on here that I thought was a serious threat. I have also alerted SMCSO when I saw death threats being made on a local person's FB page.

Not that the cops can do anything about it anyway because they are pretty much prevented from investigating internet threats. The crazy has to actually kill someone first before they can do anything about it. The most the victim can do is get a restraining order, and umpteen women who were killed by their ex person who had an order against him pretty much prove that it isn't a deterrent.

If you see crazy on social media, you can report it until your fingers fall off and nothing will be done. They won't even delete the post in many cases.

So now the mantra is "if you see something, say something," which is all well and good....but then what?

Then nothing, that's what.

He sure put a hurting on his dishwasher.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Police are not for Preventing Crime, just investigating after the fact

PsyOps

Pixelated
I know you have me on ignore, but maybe people who are open to conversation will answer....

How is this a huge deal? There are a gazzilion people on YouTube, and most say really stupid stuff. How much credibility should anyone put into a youtube video claim?

We've had enough school/mass shootings at this point where, if the FBI sees such a post by someone, this should have gone to the top of the list of importance to follow up on. It would have been easy to track down who posted that line. Youtube and other blogger website have, no doubt, sysloggers that track every hit to their websites that show source and destination IP addresses. This post had an exact timestamp on it. You go to the administrators of the blog sites and ask them for all of the IP addresses that hit their server at that specific date and time. I would imagine it would narrow down to about a dozen IP addresses, with such a specific timestamp. From there they can easily get who owns that IP address by doing a ipWhois search. You go to that owner/provider of the IP address and they can narrow down to the street and house of where that IP address came from. Boom! You have your subject.

In this age of digital tracking, this isn't hard stuff. It appears to me the FBI put this report on the bottom of their priority list.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I want to point out that more people die every day because someone doesn't know how to drive a car than die in a year in a school shooting.

The only reason we're focused on this incident is because the gun-grabbing media wants us to be. And now this kid got exactly what he wanted: to be a famous school shooter.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I want to point out that more people die every day because someone doesn't know how to drive a car than die in a year in a school shooting.

The only reason we're focused on this incident is because the gun-grabbing media wants us to be. And now this kid got exactly what he wanted: to be a famous school shooter.

I said as much in the other FL shooting thread, that if 20 people and shot and killed 20 people in Chicago in the same day, it wouldn't even be a blip on the media radar. But have one person shoot and kill 20 people, now that's emotionally newsworthy.