From Parkland to Princeton, America's Adults Abdicate Responsibility

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Where were the adults in all this? Why was the youth allowed to have or obtain weapons of any sort -- assault or otherwise -- after having been ejected from school for violent threats? Why were his social media postings not being tracked by the police? The kids all knew there was a problem. Again, where were the adults -- not just the police, or even the politicians, but all the adults? They didn't watch Cruz, who was clearly mental ill and clearly evil. They didn't secure the school, although there had been so many school killings since Columbine. They abdicated.

[clip]

This abdication of adult and, quite often, parental responsibility is rampant in today's America. This is not just due to the runaway epidemic of political correctness in our culture and its easy disparagement of traditional values. It is the Chinese Cultural Revolution-style violence that this behavior engenders. The Princeton students terrified to defend Professor Rosen in his class were not all that different from the panicked Parkland students fleeing Cruz. The Princetonians were scared for their lives to pipe up.

But what of a solution? It's not enough to proclaim "if you see something, say something." Unless you do something about what people say they have seen, unless they're sure you will, you are hanging them out to dry, just as the Parkland kids were hung out. You're not encouraging them to do it again.

From Parkland to Princeton, America's Adults Abdicate Responsibility

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have known a zillion weird people in my life, yet not a single one of them has ever gone on a killing rampage. What *should* have tipped them off was the death threats. So if we're not going to investigate someone for making blatant and clear death threats, why would we bother them just because they're "weird"?

And the reason we don't have "parental responsibility" in this country is because the government had done everything it can to take our parental rights away from us.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I have known a zillion weird people in my life ....

yeah one mans weirdo is another dedicated fan .... so does a 'liking' [obsession] of [with] Firearms make someone a suspect for the State to Investigate ?
Sappy said after the Vegas Shooting - Police should investigate someone purchasing more the X Firearms in a yr ....

What *should* have tipped them off was the death threats.

Indeed, the FBI couldn't find the guy even though he posted IN HIS REAL NAME .....

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They're also trying to blame "bullying".

Raise your hand if you were bullied in school.

Now keep your hand up if you went on a murder spree because of it.

How many hands are still up?