So...gun ban

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Let's walk it through.

The federal government bans guns - all of them. Even BB guns.

Now what?

Does everybody go turn in their guns for destruction?

How will that be monitored?

Will police or military go door to door and ransack homes to make sure everyone is disarmed?

How long will it take them to do this?

Paint me a picture, especially you gun banner types. Tell me how you see it working.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Send the anti-gun schmucks to the doors in front of the police.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Anyone calling for such a thing better realize this is exactly what Nazi Germany did. So, go for it.

Hijinx

Let's walk it through.

Now what?

Will police or military go door to door and ransack homes to make sure everyone is disarmed?

Paint me a picture, especially you gun banner types. Tell me how you see it working.

These crazed anti-gun people live on another planet.
There are million of gun in the US many are registered, many are not.
Many are in the hands of criminals who either bought tem without a record or stole them or bought them from someone who did.

If guns are banned the only people disarmed will be those who own guns legally, and are not breaking the law or the 2nd. Amendment by doing so.
Those who own unregistered guns will not turn them in. Outlaws will not turn them in.
You make a new criminal element pout of honest people who will not turn in their weapons.
You make many people disarmed and defenseless.

And still there will be millions of guns in the US.
It won't work at all., and some, maybe just a few, but some Americans will be willing to fight to keep the rights given them by the Constitution.
A Constitution that was just trashed, because an America without a 2nd Amendment is an America that loses the first, 4th. and how many other Amendments.?

America's hunters and gun owners by the numbers are the largest armed force in the world.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Send the anti-gun schmucks to the doors in front of the police.

I'm genuinely curious what they see happening. I'm not a person who just tosses out "ideas" willy nilly. I was trained by a wonderful former boss to never pop out an idea that I didn't have an implementation plan for. If I couldn't walk him through it realistically, I better shut up. Which is also why I'm not interested in pointless discussions of what "should" be.

So when I see all these hysterical people demanding this that and the other thing, I'd like to hear their plan for implementation. Walk me through it.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm genuinely curious what they see happening. I'm not a person who just tosses out "ideas" willy nilly. I was trained by a wonderful former boss to never pop out an idea that I didn't have an implementation plan for. If I couldn't walk him through it realistically, I better shut up. Which is also why I'm not interested in pointless discussions of what "should" be.

So when I see all these hysterical people demanding this that and the other thing, I'd like to hear their plan for implementation. Walk me through it.

You and I both know, as is evidenced on this board, these leftist ****tsickles couldn't plan a bowel movement, let alone a realistic method of disarming the citizens of the United States.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Luckily my guns didn't kill anyone this week. Come to think of it, they didn't harm anyone last week or the week before that.

I can't wait till we get to Panama City Beach, FL. They have an awesome gun range that is reasonably priced and you don't have to purchase a membership to shoot.

Can't wait to put a bunch of holes in a paper target. Breath, Relax, Aim, Slack, Squeeze.

Bobwhite

Let's walk it through.

Now what?

This is a real question and a little bit off topic. I hear a lot of talk about mental illness when people start talking about gun control. So, if someone is adjudged to be mentally ill, do they lose their driver's license?

Chris0nllyn

This is a real question and a little bit off topic. I hear a lot of talk about mental illness when people start talking about gun control. So, if someone is adjudged to be mentally ill, do they lose their driver's license?

The mantally ill argument from the "other side" is just as silly, IMO.

Hijinx

Luckily my guns didn't kill anyone this week. Come to think of it, they didn't harm anyone last week or the week before that.

I can't wait till we get to Panama City Beach, FL. They have an awesome gun range that is reasonably priced and you don't have to purchase a membership to shoot.

Can't wait to put a bunch of holes in a paper target. Breath, Relax, Aim, Slack, Squeeze.

You may as well get a Fl' CCW while you are there. if you don't already have one.

black dog

Free America
I have two answer's,
It happened here once before in Lexington and Concord, and it didn't fare so well for 700 British.
And if for some reason the President or the Legislature passed a law banning all civilian owned firearms most Federal and local law enforcement would ignore any laws or executive orders.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The silence is deafening......

I'm not getting any liberal play on my FB, either. My friends who are usually very quick to jump on me for supporting Trump must all be busy today, because they have no comment on how a gun ban would actually work.

Or more likely, they don't know.

transporter

Since your scenario is not one that rational, reasonable people are suggesting...you have done exactly what you say you do not do (toss out ideas willy nilly) and you have failed your wonderful boss's criteria. You won't understand this of course.

transporter

You and I both know, as is evidenced on this board, these leftist ****tsickles couldn't plan a bowel movement, let alone a realistic method of disarming the citizens of the United States.

Your far right whackos don't seem to be any better...show me your plan to deport 12 million people...show me a feasible infrastructure plan...show me your plan to reduce federal spending...show me your plan to balance the budget...show me your plan to reform entitlements.

You can't show any of these plans...because despite each of these being "issues of the base" none of you or the leaders of the Republican party have any plans...god knows our incompetent President doesn't.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Since your scenario is not one that rational, reasonable people are suggesting...you have done exactly what you say you do not do (toss out ideas willy nilly) and you have failed your wonderful boss's criteria. You won't understand this of course.

Your far right whackos don't seem to be any better...show me your plan to deport 12 million people...show me a feasible infrastructure plan...show me your plan to reduce federal spending...show me your plan to balance the budget...show me your plan to reform entitlements.

You can't show any of these plans...because despite each of these being "issues of the base" none of you or the leaders of the Republican party have any plans...god knows our incompetent President doesn't.

So the prog answer is:

"Uh uh! You're stupid!"

and

"Let me just change the subject...."

black dog

Free America

Well Bob, one of those is a Right and the other is a privilege.

seven

I'm not getting any liberal play on my FB, either. My friends who are usually very quick to jump on me for supporting Trump must all be busy today, because they have no comment on how a gun ban would actually work.

Or more likely, they don't know.

You do this on your facebook to? How annoying.

:coffee:

seven

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/florida-...ed-ar-15-rifle-calls-for-stricter-gun-control

TAMARAC, Fla. - A Florida gun owner struggling with another mass shooting that has taken place in the United States after the deadly shooting attack at a South Florida high school is hoping to make a difference and lead by example by surrendering his rifle to law enforcement.

In a Facebook post that was liked more than 186,000 times and shared over 82,000 times as of Friday night, Ben Dickmann says he has turned in his AR-57, a caliber variant of the AR-15, along with 100 rounds of ammunition to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office on Friday. He even posted photos of the weapon being taken in by a deputy and a receipt showing a note that Dickmann requested for the disposal or destruction of the weapon.