Are wealthier parents more likely to be more controlling?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The author is virtue-signaling. She's not better than those privileged girls and her life choices aren't better than theirs. I'm guessing she's jealous and trying to make herself feel better.

Everyone has teen angst and insecurity; some girls because they aren't pretty and don't have cool clothes, and some because they have too much freedom and no limits. The "It" girls have way more pressure than mere mortals like me think they do. In catching up with those girls from my high school, their daily routine to remain perfect was exhausting, and they're still stuck in that image as adults. But it's what they want, and that's okay. Everybody has a life.

I also think most parents steer their children in some way, whether it's sports or academics or charitable action or catching a suitable guy and settling into domesticity. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be a trophy wife instead of a corporate executive. It's just a life choice.

I'm currently absorbed into Truman Capote and his "Swans" - Babe Paley, Slim Keith, CZ Guest, etc. - and reading everything I can find about New York high society in the 40s-70s. They had their problems, too, it's just that keeping the lights on and a roof over their head wasn't one of them.

GregV814

maybe I am seeing something here...there appears to be no direct descriptors of "wealthier parents", but in stable homes with both heterosexual biological parents present the children will excel over those crack babies raised by a grandmother...just a simple observation.

steppinthrax

Are wealthier parents more controlling?

#### yes.

Why?

Because in order to obtain a level of wealth they realize the discipline and hard work needed to get there. They realize the uncertainty of obtaining success. They instill that same level onto their children so that they grow up to be demanding (personal) ambitious adults. They grow up with skills that give them high commercial value.

It's the same with our son and daughter. Especially when you have Asian parents.