Democrats, spare me your hypocrisy on guns

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Speaking of honesty, if you're like me you turn on the news to get information -- a set of facts. If you want opinion, you come to shows like mine, where our prejudices and biases and opinions are made known; there's no false pretenses that you're getting pure objectivity.

Well, if you turned on cable news at any time since the shooting, it's safe to say you didn't get the news. That's because when it comes to guns, news anchors take off their journalist hats and put on their activist hats. And they do it without shame or disclaimers because they believe righteousness is the same thing as being right.

Many of these "journalists" blamed the gun lobby for what happened in Parkland. They blamed the NRA, which represents law-abiding gun owners like me. I'll say it again: LAW-ABIDING GUN OWNERS.

They blamed Republicans, because Republicans represent a sizable constituency of gun owners who already comply with thousands of Byzantine gun laws that criminals won't follow. And so Republicans lawmakers -- who do their jobs representing these constituents -- are the problem.

Republicans are also, these journalists will tell you, too afraid of the NRA to stand up to them. These journalists "courageously" take to Twitter to link GOP lawmakers with the money they've received from the NRA. What they never say is that the NRA is the reason we have a background checks system, and it's the gun lobby fighting for it to be enforced.

Democrats, spare me your hypocrisy on guns