‘Toxic Masculinity’ At The Heart Of ‘Our Ongoing Obsession With Guns’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
During the segment, Glaude called out the alleged "toxic masculinity at the heart" of America’s "gun culture."

Part of when we begin to kind of interrogate what's driving this, what's blocking the conversation, and what's driving our ongoing obsession with guns, it has something to do with the complicity of politicians, right?

... It has something to do with the cowardice of everyday, ordinary folk. But it also has something to do with culture...and this is the point that we really have to think about. There's a kind of toxic masculinity at the heart of this gun – this gun culture, rooted in a myth about who we take ourselves to be. Americans – rugged individualism. The government is not going to protect you; we can protect ourselves, right?

WATCH: Princeton Professor Criticizes ‘Toxic Masculinity’ At The Heart Of ‘Our Ongoing Obsession With Guns’

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Good grief. I'll have to ask my mother (85 and still shoots her revolver regularly...the one she keeps on her night stand), or my crack shot deer hunting sister...or my firearms proficient daughters, one of whom as a carry permit...what they should do about their "Toxic masculinity" problem. ;-p

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

Good grief. I'll have to ask my mother (85 and still shoots her revolver regularly...the one she keeps on her night stand), or my crack shot deer hunting sister...or my firearms proficient daughters, one of whom as a carry permit...what they should do about their "Toxic masculinity" problem. ;-p

Nair

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And then there's my missus..who has taken more firearms training classes than I have and is very proficient with a handgun..loves her Ruger 9mm and her Kimber .45. I'll ask her about how toxic her masculinity is when I've got plenty of space to run away...