So what do we do?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How are we supposed to care about one another and be a community when we run the risk of being targeted by some crazy who wants to accuse us of some awful thing? And it's not even so much that as the way it spreads like wildfire and ruins people even if it's not the truth.

I had a pack of adult mentors when I was a kid who taught me so much and were so terrific. How are we supposed to have that for our children if adults are afraid to have any contact with them?

Between the MSM with their fake news and rumormongers on social media, I see us growing more and more apart as a society. Racial tension, cultural division, #metoo-ism...what positive outcome can any of this possibly have?

BernieP

Resident PIA
Matthew 7:1-3 King James Version (KJV) said:
7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

how about we all take a deep breath. We seem to have become a nation of finger pointers. We are quick to blame others, yet don't see the same faults in ourselves.

transporter

How are we supposed to care about one another and be a community when we run the risk of being targeted by some crazy who wants to accuse us of some awful thing? And it's not even so much that as the way it spreads like wildfire and ruins people even if it's not the truth.

I had a pack of adult mentors when I was a kid who taught me so much and were so terrific. How are we supposed to have that for our children if adults are afraid to have any contact with them?

Between the MSM with their fake news and rumormongers on social media, I see us growing more and more apart as a society. Racial tension, cultural division, #metoo-ism...what positive outcome can any of this possibly have?

You can't be serious.

You run this board which serves to do nothing but push fake news, rumormongering, propaganda and ignorance.

The majority of your posts are targeted to "progbots" and "snowflakes"..etc.

Yet you are going to cry and whine because we are "growing apart" as a society? Christ...take a good hard look in the mirror.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You can't be serious.

You run this board which serves to do nothing but push fake news, rumormongering, propaganda and ignorance.

The majority of your posts are targeted to "progbots" and "snowflakes"..etc.

Yet you are going to cry and whine because we are "growing apart" as a society? Christ...take a good hard look in the mirror.

Says the MPD that can't get along with anyone here!

:killingme

PsyOps

Pixelated
You can't be serious.

And HATE. Your hate. Every day spewing your contempt for everyone. Those without sin cast the first stone. You're MOST guilty of which you point that hypocritical finger at others. Clean your own house before demanding others do the same.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
You can't be serious.

I do nothing but push fake news, rumormongering, propaganda and ignorance.

Quite true. Even though many of us have asked Vrai to ban you, she continues to let you post all your nonsensical bull####.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
So what do we do?

Great question. G.K. Chesterton said something along these lines: "The reformer is generally right about what is wrong, but is generally wrong about what is right."

In this current climate we see the truth of this. Our wonderful progressive friends are well-stocked with critique, but under-provisioned with intelligent solutions that actually work. And yes, lick is on them: instead of admitting the direction we have been going (and they have been pushing) is driving us off a cliff they just double-down and make the claim that if the car were more comfortable the inevitable "Thelma and Louise" would be irrelevant.

Conservatives, on the other hand, make the point that maybe driving off the cliff isn't such a good idea. But that, according to progs, would be racist, sexist, genderphobic, whatever (sounding just like a petulant pre-teen to a parent (of course, these days I'm sure I can't say "parent")).

Of interest, please see this: Wax (Imprimis, Jan 2018) - Are We Free to Discuss America's Real Problems?

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

That's excellent :yay:

Even trying to discuss the issues honestly, someone will get all pissed off and offended. If you can't even talk about the problem, how are you supposed to solve it? And yes, it is the Left that is trying to shut down the dialog. Look at Trans above - has he ever posted anything productive or even remotely thoughtful on this forum? I'm convinced he's a Russian bot trying to sow seeds of hatred and disrupt our society.

Okay, not really. But I kind of am.

I'm also semi-convinced that these college people, as in the story you posted, are knowing agents of destruction. They insist that everything is some made up "code" and use it to pick fights and sow hatred.

Is there a way to stop this? It's easy to say, "Well, we should...." but how are you going to force everyone to do that? "If people would..." Well, they're not going to, so now what? Normally I try not to be solution-oriented with these things and am content to observe what is, but at least temporarily I'm wondering if we can ever solve this societal problem, especially when so many people seem to like it this way.

Rommey

Look at Trans above - has he ever posted anything productive or even remotely thoughtful on this forum?
He/she/it sometimes has some good points but it gets lost in all of the vitriol, contempt, and arrogance. There are times when he/she/it even provides links to support its position, but the message is lost in the delivery. That, and in a discussion, there generally is some back and forth...but very rarely does he/she/it return to a thread, which might explain a bot-like creature...it doesn't know how to carry on a conversation.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I pretty much just work and go home. I no longer socialize. I don't trust anyone. I've become very family centric. I didn't make this decision based on any personal experiences, but what's going on in the world in general. Why would I put myself out there like that?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm pretty sure you have no idea what event provoked this thread.
You never fail to come across as profoundly one-dimensional.

He's a Russian hate-bot. Every single post, no matter the topic, starts with some insult and provocation designed to create division. I thought about banning it, but #1 it will just come back in some other form (whack-a-mole) and #2 it's a good exercise for us to become immune to these instigator influences.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I pretty much just work and go home. I no longer socialize. I don't trust anyone. I've become very family centric. I didn't make this decision based on any personal experiences, but what's going on in the world in general. Why would I put myself out there like that?

I understand that, have become much of a hermit, even the neighbors I genuinely like, only see them once a month or so.

calvcopf

Me too. Don't even want to socialize with people anymore. I am so tired of politics and it seems every conversation seems to make its way back to partisan political issues. Just hang with the family to get away from the craziness of the outside world.

And I thought I was the only hermit here. I stopped going to bars or other social venues a while ago. I used to be the first to offer a hand, to volunteer, but not anymore. I see and wave to my neighbors but can't say we ever socialize. I prefer to be by myself anyway, but why take a chance at having your entire life ruined? I keep thinking about the guy in the center of this recent fiasco. His entire life, and his family's life, have been totally upended because he was a volunteer, and in the wrong place at the wrong time. Any one of us could be him on someone else's whim.